What do I do at lvl 9 for my Triple Crown Paladin (not solo)

The build is a bit of a hybrid. He's a tank but the only defensive talent he has is weapon and shield style. Everything else is offense or heals. This guy can really put the heat on with FoD and Sworn Enemy.

The only must talent for me is Aegis of Loyalty. Obviously at 13 I'm taking Sacred Immolation.

So at 9 I can take Righteous Soul that will let me take healing chain at 11..but take 0 Exhortaions for the build.

Or

Take either Reviving Exhortation or Liberating Exhortation this would force me to take righteous soul at 15 if I make it that far.

Party build is DPS Eder, DPS/Cc Hiravis with his good spells and super dps transformed, CC Aloth, Durance and Sagani.

Have gun will travel.

Revive you have with Durance or scrolls, he also has Prayer against Treachery at lvl 9 (or 11) - so what for do you need Reviving Exhirtation, Aegis and Righteous Soul?
If he's killing stuff regularly you could pick Inspiring Triumph. It's defense bonus stacks with everything like Durance's Circle of Protection. Together they can give the party a defensive bonus of +27 (including Outworn Buckler) that stacks with everything else.
If you want to improve his FoD a lot you could pick Intense Flames and Scion of Flame. The later boosts an intense FoD's burning lash damage from 75% to 90%, boosts the weapon lash from 25% to 30% (lets you deal more burning damage than initial damage actually) and is great for Immolation, too.
I did both with my current paladin (Shieldbearer) and added Shielding Flames and Shielding Touch (also stack with everything) as well as Reinforcing Exhortation and it's great.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Revive you have with Durance or scrolls, he also has Prayer against Treachery at lvl 9 (or 11) - so what for do you need Reviving Exhirtation, Aegis and Righteous Soul?

If he's killing stuff regularly you could pick Inspiring Defeat. It's defense bonus stacks with everything like Durance's Circle of Protection. Together they can give the party a defensive bonus of +27 (including Outworn Buckler) that stacks with everything else.

If you want to improve his FoD a lot you could pick Intense Flames and Scion of Flame. The later boosts an intense FoD's burning lash damage damage from 75% to 90%, boosts the weapon lash from 25% to 30% (lets you deal more burning damage than initial damage actually) and is great for Immolation, too.

I did both with my current paladin (Shieldbearer) and added Shielding Flames and Shielding Touch (also stack with everything) as well as Reinforcing Exhortation and it's great.

Been a while my friend glad you are still around. Will I am playing triple crown so it's hard to tell with small AOE buffs I really have to bunch up so ensure everyone gets it. Aegis with sacred immolation would ensure that anyone who didn't get the buff would be immediately back on my side. Righteous Soul also gives my Paladin insurance in case he charges in early and misses the buff. And having two revives is insurance for a PoTD run. If Durwnce bites the dust for some odd reason. That means I'm playing bad but it's Trial of Iron so there is no "play better"'on that run I have to start over! I guess I double up for insurance. But I get your thought process. Thanks for the input! Maybe I should be more risky! Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

:)

Right - maybe having two options is better with ToI.

But even if you look for more defense then Inspiring Triumph might be worth it. Especially with Sacred Immolation it's very nice. The buff seldomly wears off then because you tend to kill an enemy every now and then even without FoD.  

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You kinda need Righteous Soul for solo.

It counters charm quite well, too if you combine it with scrolls you are pretty much immune.[/quote

Why would you need Righteous Soul for Solo? If you get charmed nothing happens all players are friendly on the battlefield.

Have gun will travel.