No available cards when managing decks

adkin1233

Question

I've played through the first 4 scenarios, but every time I try to change the cards in my character's decks the area where my available cards should be (on the bottom) is empty. The categories at the bottom show cards in them, but clicking on them does not bring up any cards. I know I have unlocked a bunch of new cards to use, but nothing is there. Not even the basic cards.

5 answers to this question

when resetting your deck at the end of the scenario, you only have access to cards that you have left at the end of the scenario. You don't get access to anything you want, just stuff you've found. Likely, you will have found a couple of cards on each character that you have to take out to have the full reset. You might choose to keep something or move it to a different character.

The only time you get access to the full set of basic cards is if you end a scenario with too few of a certain type of card. For example, if you have to banish a card (for whatever reason), and you don't find any more of that kind of card. Then, at the end of the scenario when resetting your deck, you will have the option to select any basic card to fulfill the requirements for your base starting deck.

This follows the same procedure for resetting decks as the physical game. After you start playing, you don't get to pick and choose just anything, you only get to select from the cards that you find. Which is why every once in a while the scenario reward is just extra cards.

Now, if you are saying that cards you acquired during (or directly after) a scenario aren't among the cards you have when resetting. Then you have a bug, more than likely you should have them, and the game will force you to discard cards down to the correct amount.

If you open treasure chests, those cards are made available when you play quest mode (and story mode if you select that option), but you still have to find them just like any other card, you don't automatically get them.

• Like 1

I've played through the first 4 scenarios, but every time I try to change the cards in my character's decks the area where my available cards should be (on the bottom) is empty. The categories at the bottom show cards in them, but clicking on them does not bring up any cards. I know I have unlocked a bunch of new cards to use, but nothing is there. Not even the basic cards.

As Kiirnodel indicates, I'm afraid you have a misconception of how the game works: you don't have a pool of cards from which you get to build your character's deck each time you play; each character's deck is fixed until you find cards during a scenario and update the deck at the end of the scenario by swapping out original cards with cards that the party finds during the last scenario. This is not a deck-builder.

As Kiirnodel indicates, I'm afraid you have a misconception of how the game works: you don't have a pool of cards from which you get to build your character's deck each time you play; each character's deck is fixed until you find cards during a scenario and update the deck at the end of the scenario by swapping out original cards with cards that the party finds during the last scenario. This is not a deck-builder.

I know the game well. I own the physical game and have played it many times. What I am trying to say is that the cards that I acquired during play do not show up in the deck manager. So if I pick up a Longsword +1 on a

I know the game well. I own the physical game and have played it many times. What I am trying to say is that the cards that I acquired during play do not show up in the deck manager. So if I pick up a Longsword +1 on a

Not sure what you are trying to say right here when you get a chance can you please clarify?

Cards you gain during play are already in that character's deck during card selection. If Valeros picked up a Longsword +1 during gameplay it is already in his deck. You only get access to add cards into your deck if you cannot completely form a legal with the cards you acquired. 

Yes, I too own the physical game and have played it many times. I have also played this digital version many times and have logged many, many bugs.

When you refer to "the deck manager" are you talking about at the end of the scenario, during party setup (hitting "deck"on the character sheet), or during scenario loading (hit the "view decks?/cards? button)? None of which, BTW, give you access to the cards in the Vault (all the cards that are in the APs that you are using in the scenario) unless one of you characters is missing a card - usually 'cos you have two characters in the new party with a copy of a card that you only have one of in your Vault, or because you Banished a card and didn't find a card of that type during the scenario (depending where the issue you have is being triggered)