Will some kind of directors cut or gold edition be coming out

I didn't buy the expansions.

I would be interested in buying some fully polished finished product with all expansions/patchs.

Does the game remain fun at higher levels now? I quit around level 7 because the difficulty was dropping on POTD. This was ages ago tho, im sure a lot has changed by now.

Edited by Kilburn

The difficulty still drops some at higher levels, though I really liked the story for the expansions a lot. For me they are definitely worth it.

Part of the issue is Obs insistence in doing an expansion in the middle of the game which did not help game balance.

It would have been much better for balance and story if the expansions had come post main story. But the expansions are great, just that it could have been better handled by the devs.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

I don't know if you had the chance to upscale contents back then, but now it is possible and - at least for me - PotD with upscaled contents was far from being a walk in the park!

The expansions are definitely worth it, a big improvement from the vanilla game in both narrative and gameplay.

No idea about the gold edition tho.

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

The general drop in difficulty remains, but there is simply more upscalable high level difficult content for the party to engage in.

Not sure about gold, after all there are only 3 pieces (main+WM1+2), but that's never stopped people in the past.

Does the game remain fun at higher levels now? I quit around level 7 because the difficulty was dropping on POTD.

​The expansion helps, if you opt to up-level the content when it prompts you.  Start WM1 as soon as you can (around L7 I think? - about where you were getting bored with the base game), and it's a challenge on PotD.  I'm not sure where the up-scale prompts are (start of WM2 maybe?), but select them when you can.

​On the other hand, a lot of the base game content is still very easy on PoTD, once past the early phases of the game.  So, a mixed bag, but there's a lot of fun to be had in WM.

I do hope it's not as easy to over-level the content in PoE2.  When you're not over-leveled for the fights, it's a pretty fun combat system.