With any starting character with hand size 4 or less, solo.

Before you act Nualia does 4 damage to you. 

Your hand is discarded. 

Now you must make 2 combat checks with no cards. 

I've lost 12 characters (death) already.  Because she goes first, wipes your hand and you cannot do anything except then lose the next 2 checks which pretty much kills you.  I'm sure there's another strategy, have not come up with one so was looking for help.  

Because she goes first, wipes your hand and you cannot do anything except then lose the next 2 checks which pretty much kills you.

You seem to be implying that you are taking damage from those two lost checks. Assuming you lost your entire hand to the initial damage, you now can't take any further damage because you have no cards left in hand to discard.

I encountered her on the first turn.  No damage prevention was in the hand.  

And as far as the d4...right...I posted about this. Apparently I'm running into a statistical anomaly.  Or the RNG was a bit busted.  :blink:

I pretty much just forfeit and start over.  

Finally managed to defeat her.  I finally had an armor card before encountering her (first time ever!) so survived by burying it. 

She is kind of difficult to defeat, it's true, but there are ways of boosting attack against her that are not blessings.

• Orbs/Flasks
  • Harsk's innate ability
  • Valeros' innate ability
  • Certain spells
  • more that I can't think of

Also, some blessings can potentially mitigate the boost to her difficulty.  I've found that generally if it's a combat blessing (Gorum, Pharasma [with Seoni's role], etc) played with the requisite combat skill the two bonus dice are enough to overcome the 2 points.  Obviously, when it comes to die rolls no results are typical.