I have been playing since release and was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

When a bane rolls a d4 (and higher is bad) I don't know why the game uses animation. I have not seen anything other than a 4. Not once not ever. For example whether from pit traps, boss doing auto damage before you go...lose d4 cards (bury) etc...it's come up 4 each time.  

When a boon rolls a d4 then the distribution appears more even. 

Granted I've only sampled ~100 bane rolls and a 120 boon rolls (mainly Kyra's healing). 

I just curious if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just in a statistical (or bad engine seed) rut.  

Cheers!

I should also point my first character has pulled the boss on the first turn the last 5 games in a row.  Not the best because you burn blessings when you defeat him and he flees to all the other open locations.  

Edited by Tiltowait

I just curious if anyone else has experienced this or if I'm just in a statistical (or bad engine seed) rut.  

Just a stroke of bad luck or something.  In the Unity Engine, random number calls all come from the same stream.  Whether it's your roll or a bane's roll, it all comes from one pseudorandom sequence.  In theory, there should be a somewhat even distribution among all d4s (both yours and bane's).

Seeding should happen automatically after the first call.  If you think you're neck-deep in a pile of terrible random numbers, just force quit the game and it should pick a new seed.

• Like 1

I should also point my first character has pulled the boss on the first turn the last 5 games in a row.  Not the best because you burn blessings when you defeat him and he flees to all the other open locations.  

Was the villain Mammy Graul by chance?  She's the only one of the villains (in current release) that is still undefeated when defeated for the first time.  If you encounter her again in the same scenario and defeat her, if there's open locations she won't pull blessings from the timer.