Save corrupted after phone crash - can it be recovered?

MarquiseCarabas

Question

My phone has serious battery problems, and sometimes I forget just how serious, resulting in it suddenly switching off just as I had started a new game in story mode (maybe two turns in). No problem, I thought; I'd had the same problem before halfway through a game and could continue without a problem after connecting my phone to the charger. But this time it looks like the save has been corrupted. The 'Continue' button doesn't respond (apart from the click sound); and if I click 'Story', the background image for the party is still there, but empty, and the start button doesn't respond.

I realise this is probably purely caused by my phone and not by the game. I'm just wondering: can the save somehow be recovered, or is my only option to start a new party?

Device type: Android

OS version: 4.0.4

Model: Wolfgang AT-AS45SE

PFID-20C5995FFB6F4E4D

I'm logged in to GooglePlayGames (in case that's relevant)

Edit: I also get all tutorial popups again, so something has been reset there. Quest mode characters and decks haven't been affected.

Edited by MarquiseCarabas

4 answers to this question

Solved! Sorry for not checking every option before posting.

In case anyone else runs into this: I hadn't realised that character progression was saved separately and completed adventures are saved with the characters. When I made a new party with the experienced characters it essentially became a copy of the old one so I didn't lose anything.

This topic can be closed or deleted, whatever seems appropriate to the mods...

• Like 1

Solved! Sorry for not checking every option before posting.

In case anyone else runs into this: I hadn't realised that character progression was saved separately and completed adventures are saved with the characters. When I made a new party with the experienced characters it essentially became a copy of the old one so I didn't lose anything.

This topic can be closed or deleted, whatever seems appropriate to the mods...

*You* have the power! Just mark the thread as answered by hitting the button in/by your own reply. Edited by mccrispy
  • Like 1

I just want to add to this that completed scenarios on Heroic and Legendary difficulty do not carry over when making a new party with the same characters, so you'll have to complete those again.

The vast majority of a save file appears to be temporary data describing a current scenario (or leftover from the last one).  Lacking a better term, it's just a series of blackboards the app uses to keep track of what's going on during a game.

As you've pointed out, party campaign progress is the only thing that doesn't seem to live somewhere else.  If the save is deleted, that information isn't drawn back from some other source.  Not the biggest deal if you already have the Adventure Deck reward cards, but a bit of a slog if you need to grind out the scenarios again for that Black Arrow Longbow.

PS. Props to @mccrispy for posting his save files.  I'm on iOS and it is unnecessarily hard to get a good set of data inspect. ;)