Additional Rules and Undocumented Features

I think that in story mode you only add Promo cards (P) once you reach AD1. I can't remember ever finding any one of them during B scenarios.

Not related to his problem anyway, Emerald Codex is AD4(?) reward.

So I got the Emerald Codex as an adventure reward and when I went in to update my character decks, I somehow lost it. I wanted to swap it between two characters but every time I have gone in after later adventures to add cards due to either upgrading cards or losing them to banishment, I still don't see it as cards in my vault. Can someone explain to me why that is or how I get it back.

Thanks

Short answer: You don't see it in the "cards to add to fill up your deck because your banished something" list because loot cards aren't included in that list.

Long answer: it's possible to get it back; see this link.

I think that in story mode you only add Promo cards (P) once you reach AD1. I can't remember ever finding any one of them during B scenarios.

The game should always add promo cards if you have them.  There isn't any minimum AD check.

Easiest way to verify this is to start a B scenario and go check out the vault.  Those are all the cards that are available for play that session.  All the Promo cards you possess should be visible alongside B-Deck and C-Deck (if you have it).

Well, that is wrong. This is what Rise of the Runelords FAQ have to say about adding Promo cards to the box:

When can I add promo cards to the box?

Anytime after you begin Chapter 1 of the Adventure Path.

Source: http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gk#v5748eaic9r58

Skulls & Shackles FAQ clarify it a bit more:

We have also published a number of promotional cards; these are marked with the letter P in the upper-right corner. If you have a character promo card, you can use it right away. If you have a ship promo card, as soon as you have checked off any ships of the same class on your fleet card, you may treat the promo card as if it has been checked off as well (see Place Your Party’s Ship on page 7). You shouldn’t add other promo cards to the game until you begin the first chapter of the Adventure Path.

Source: http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1gu#v5748eaic9scg

Take note that until Mummy Mask, "B" scenarios were not part of Adventure Path.

Edited by Ripe
  • Like 1

The game should always add promo cards if you have them.  There isn't any minimum AD check.

Easiest way to verify this is to start a B scenario and go check out the vault.  Those are all the cards that are available for play that session.  All the Promo cards you possess should be visible alongside B-Deck and C-Deck (if you have it).

Well, that is wrong. This is what Rise of the Runelords FAQ have to say about adding Promo cards to the box ...

Good catch. Paizo.com seems to be hard down right now, but I believe you're right.

When I said "the game should" it was an observation/analysis of how the App behaves.  I wasn't speaking for the whole body of rules and errata that makes up the Pathfinder ACG universe.  

Should the app check when to add promo cards?  FAQs say probably.  Does it?  No, it does not.  Promos are currently found in B onward.

Unless a dev is willing to chime in, it is hard to tell if this is another minor deviation from the Pathfinder ACG body of rules, or if they just missed the errata.

Good catch. Paizo.com seems to be hard down right now, but I believe you're right.

When I said "the game should" it was an observation/analysis of how the App behaves.  I wasn't speaking for the whole body of rules and errata that makes up the Pathfinder ACG universe.  

Should the app check when to add promo cards?  FAQs say probably.  Does it?  No, it does not.  Promos are currently found in B onward.

Unless a dev is willing to chime in, it is hard to tell if this is another minor deviation from the Pathfinder ACG body of rules, or if they just missed the errata.

Well, I guess we just found another potential bug... since, according to Paizo, Promo cards should not be added during B scenarios.

With that said, I really can't remember seeing any of the Promo cards during B scenarios while playing in story mode.

Well, I guess we just found another potential bug... since, according to Paizo, Promo cards should not be added during B scenarios.

With that said, I really can't remember seeing any of the Promo cards during B scenarios while playing in story mode.

I've honestly not seen them either.  Maybe I need to play the B scenarios more often, but anything that is in the scenario vault has been selected from the lists of available cards and technically could be put in play.

I don't think there's anything in the App regulating when promo cards are added to the vault.  You have them or you don't.  If you do, they're part of the game.

I've honestly not seen them either.  Maybe I need to play the B scenarios more often, but anything that is in the scenario vault has been selected from the lists of available cards and technically could be put in play.

[Replying to my own comment.....]

Can confirm that Promo cards do appear in B-level scenarios.  

I was always pretty sure that it was the case; it just took a bunch of games to spot a P card in the wild.

• 4 weeks later...

Not related to his problem anyway, Emerald Codex is AD4(?) reward.

So I got the Emerald Codex as an adventure reward and when I went in to update my character decks, I somehow lost it. I wanted to swap it between two characters but every time I have gone in after later adventures to add cards due to either upgrading cards or losing them to banishment, I still don't see it as cards in my vault. Can someone explain to me why that is or how I get it back.

Thanks

Short answer: You don't see it in the "cards to add to fill up your deck because your banished something" list because loot cards aren't included in that list.

Long answer: it's possible to get it back; see this link.

I believe in one of the threads over at Paizo, it was confirmed that Loot IS eligible for selection where the (AD#-2) is concerned. If someone cares enough to find that and link it, they can post a bug in Tech Support forum.

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

[Replying to my own comment.....]

Can confirm that Promo cards do appear in B-level scenarios.  

I was always pretty sure that it was the case; it just took a bunch of games to spot a P card in the wild.

In one of the threads around here, I believe the devs confirmed it as a conscious deviation from tabletop (probably too much coding trouble for a minor rule that doesn't even make much sense in the tabletop to begin with).

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

• 3 months later...

When you play in legendary level , locations are united with a path, but i saw that this path it´s made about some rules, can anyone explain the rules to make this path with all locations? Thanks.

When you play in legendary level , locations are united with a path, but i saw that this path it´s made about some rules, can anyone explain the rules to make this path with all locations? Thanks.

Nodes and pathing are pre-set for each scenario, and not randomly generated by any particular rule-set in the game.

When Obsidian created the digital scenarios they simply made some gameplay decisions on which locations were connected to each other for the "adjacent movement only" rule.

• Like 1

Nodes and pathing are pre-set for each scenario, and not randomly generated by any particular rule-set in the game.

When Obsidian created the digital scenarios they simply made some gameplay decisions on which locations were connected to each other for the "adjacent movement only" rule.

Is there any chance to get the list of "who is connected whit whom"? i would like to known.

Is there any chance to get the list of "who is connected whit whom"? i would like to known.

The simplest solution is really to just start each scenario on legendary with a full party and take a screenshot of the setup screen.

Link assignments vary based on the specific scenario or quest template, so no, there hasn't been a community effort to capture that data quite yet.

Hello im trying to do burn offerings in legendary difficulty to get the paths of locations and i can´t acces to this difficulty, i have normal and heroic, Why i can´t?

You have to complete each scenario on Heroic, before you unlock its Legendary difficulty. (Also, you probably didn't notice, but Heroic was also locked before you completed the scenarios on Normal).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, any chance to get a list with all Wild cards that the program use in Heroic and Legendary level? i see a few at the beggining of this document but i believe there are more.

Edited by isel

Hello, any chance to get a list with all Wild cards that the program use in Heroic and Legendary level? i see a few at the beggining of this document but i believe there are more.

Yeah, they've added a few in recent patches, and some are Adventure or even Scenario specific. I don't have time at the moment to go digging through the app to find them all, but if anyone has a complete list to share, I'd be happy to add it to the OP.

Edited by Nym

Yeah, they've added a few in recent patches, and some are Adventure or even Scenario specific. I don't have time at the moment to go digging through the app to find them all, but if anyone has a complete list to share, I'd be happy to add it to the OP.

OK, Thanks, i hope you can put soon, many thanks

Those links work, but the wild cards are incomplete, I think, at least for Quest Mode. I'm almost certain that in the later tiers I've found one or two not on that list, and I'm certain that the numerical values can scale higher than what's suggested there (such as "4 difficulty increase to acquire boons").

Edited by Yewstance

They do. The list in the wiki is very old. But They can be as a base line for updated version. The Numbers Are most likely from early heroic level difficulty and the -+ values Are higher in the Legendary level, so this list should be updated to include two collums for heroic and legendary levels.

They do. The list in the wiki is very old. But They can be as a base line for updated version. The Numbers Are most likely from early heroic level difficulty and the -+ values Are higher in the Legendary level, so this list should be updated to include two collums for heroic and legendary levels.

i believed the difference betwen heroic and legendary its the quantity of cards, maybe an updated because i believe sevaral cards only works in one scenario or when you arrive to certain level or adventure.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone knows the quantity of coins that the game give for doing something and for what?

Okay.  My notes may be a little derpty, but it should still be along the lines of:

Scenario Difficulty Reward:

Normal: 100 Gold (awarded once)

Heroic: 150 Gold (awarded once)

Legendary: 50 Gold + 50 Gold per character 

Scenario Rewards:

Monster Defeated: 1 Gold + (Chance of extra 1 Gold if bane has Veteran or Elite traits)

Henchman Defeated: 2 Gold

Villain Defeated: 2 Gold

Location Closing: 5 Gold

Salvage:

Rarity and traits used to factor into card values under the old system.  Cards were valued from 8-36 Gold to remove them from your profile permanently.

The current "Nouveau salvage" system probably has a similar formula that I haven't had a chance to nail down yet, and cards are valued from 0-11 Gold when you sell them back at the end of the game.

Challenges:

Daily Challenges: 100, 150, or 200 Gold based on difficulty tier for that challenge type (e.g. "Acquire 5/15/30 Boons")

Weekly Challenges: 300, 350, 500 Gold or Dice or anything else.  Usually 500 Gold, but the reward can be whatever.