The Funny Things Thread

Rosbjerg

[image]

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS699US699&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=stupid+gwyneth+paltrow

could be here all day.

what would she do if she weren't an actress?  world's most self-absorbed pilates instructor?  is "personal shopper" still a thing?  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, this is amusing,, but it's a serious point.

14291817_10154609523228945_3263020416013

They don't teach home economics in school any more?

When I was in school it was mandatory and they taught most of the things in the image though most people I knew learned these things at home either because they had to take care of themselves or they had decent parents.

I guess now that I think about it when I got to boot camp only me and a couple other country bumpkins knew how to sew

Free games updated 3/4/21

Heh, by my senior year in HS I had one required course and six electives. So I did what every self respecting slacker senior would do, took: Sewing, cooking, woodshop (1st words out of the teachers mouth "don't make any smoking bowls"), clay class (same instructions as woodshop), psychology and sociology. If you held a gun to my head I could make you a bitchin' shark shape pillow.

• Like 1

They keep cutting electives because we need to reed, rite, and math better.  It's stupid, but it is what happens when you have a bunch of politicians trying to create educational policies and are more concerned with test scores than the foundations of our school systems.

I've always found sewing to be extremely relaxing, keeping the hands busy while the mind wanders, and gives a sharp reminder if ones mind wanders too much. It's a lot like marital obligations really.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I used to know how to sew, but it's been so bloody long since I had to.. I probably have forgotten half of it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling