What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

whats remastered about it ?

I thought it was just the 'mods for consoles' version. 

Mostly it's the enhanced lighting from Fallout 4, which does look lovely in some shots, washed out and weird in others.  Also they've added more foliage and incidental detail, higher res textures in places that needed them.

whats remastered about it ?

I thought it was just the 'mods for consoles' version. 

Mostly it's the enhanced lighting from Fallout 4, which does look lovely in some shots, washed out and weird in others.  Also they've added more foliage and incidental detail, higher res textures in places that needed them.

In other words the same same game with a lower FPS if you computer is more than two years old. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A lot more Mad Max.  I haven't been this hooked on a game in a while.  It very much features the nearly endless collect-a-thon/checklist grind that I've generally grown bored of lately, but the game cleverly has included quite a lot of checklist stuff that you can do without ever getting out of your car (especially once you get cleanup crews).  While the on-foot combat is competent enough and features some great animations, the game really shines when you're inside your vehicle.  It has one of the best driving models of any non dedicated racing game out there and the vehicular combat is a real blast.  As a side benefit, it makes traversing the vast landscape extremely enjoyable, which dulls the pain of the collect-a-thon grind quite effectively.  I use fast travel in most open world games very liberally, I nearly never use it in Mad Max.

Right now I've taken a break from the main story to go back to Jeet's region and finish 100%-ing it.

It was in my opinion one of the better open world games, genuinely fun and well constructed. I still wonder why the usual shills decided that it was so abhorrent, while far more broken, dull and regressive games get their usual free pass and hypestorm. My best guess is that the publisher didn't provide enough "incentives."

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I had an interesting experience with Town of Salem last night. Was the vig and was blackmailed every night. Which means I'm a good guy who can shoot people three times, but I was silenced so I couldn't speak.

I see one guy making ridiculous calls that only get themselves or innocents lynched by the town. So I shot him. Turns out he was a Jester, one whose goal is to get themselves lynched.

And I completely forgot to leave my name in the note left when I killed the guy. This would have revealed that I was a good guy.

Next round people start accusing me of being weird for not talking. I pick one guy to shoot, then change my mind at the last second to another guy. The bad guys are the ones keeping me from talking and they like to use this as a way to get town to lynch their own.

I add my name, but forget to include that I'm blackmailed. And it turns out I killed a good guy. I die next round to suicide and the town (good) loses. Turns out my original choice was the mafia (bad).

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's Mafia/Werewolf. Which is commonly a party game. When I used to hang out at GOG.com they would regularly do a play-by-post in the general discussion.

It's nice having a visual/electronic game version. And it's free to play.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Literally every question mark on Toussaint has been discovered by me.  All quests done, as well.  All I have left is to upgrade my witcher armor by the grandmaster armorer/weaponsmith.

Not sure if I'm going to start a new game, but do the whole choose different options thing, or give it a break and move on to a different game now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well, reactivated my WoW sub to see what's what nowadays. Running into a bit of an annoying problem: the game sends me off to start the Warlords of Draenor stuff but clearly I'm missing parts of the story to have this thing make any sense. Guess I need to figure out where I left off in Mists of Pandaria now so stuff starts making some semblance of sense...

Oh, was pleasantly surprised that aven after ~4years most of my essential mods still worked after upgrading them.

All right, after some time keeping it in hiatus, I think I gave up on Cities: Skylines. I might try it again with some advanced traffic mod, but... Well, it's true that you can make functional cities without traffic problems with planning and skill. But I found that much more than city layout or citizen happiness, I'm only ever pondering how to make the bloody traffic work as that's the only real challenge Cities: Skylines can offer - and it's not a very satisfying challenge once you realize you're no longer building a city but instead are working on a road network.

Anyway, I'll wait for the last piece of DLC, install a mod improving traffic AI and give it another shot one of these days.

I had an interesting experience with Town of Salem last night. Was the vig and was blackmailed every night. Which means I'm a good guy who can shoot people three times, but I was silenced so I couldn't speak.

I see one guy making ridiculous calls that only get themselves or innocents lynched by the town. So I shot him. Turns out he was a Jester, one whose goal is to get themselves lynched.

And I completely forgot to leave my name in the note left when I killed the guy. This would have revealed that I was a good guy.

Next round people start accusing me of being weird for not talking. I pick one guy to shoot, then change my mind at the last second to another guy. The bad guys are the ones keeping me from talking and they like to use this as a way to get town to lynch their own.

I add my name, but forget to include that I'm blackmailed. And it turns out I killed a good guy. I die next round to suicide and the town (good) loses. Turns out my original choice was the mafia (bad).

It's Mafia/Werewolf. Which is commonly a party game. When I used to hang out at GOG.com they would regularly do a play-by-post in the general discussion.

It's nice having a visual/electronic game version. And it's free to play.

I used to play games of this type in Warcraft 3 custom games all the time back in the day. Dark Deeds, Werewolf, Happyville (this one sounds especially similar to how you described Tower of Salem). Nostalgia...

(edit): "Happyville is a paranoia-oriented WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne custom map, set in the happy town of Happyville.  This town is home to many happy people, but it is threatened by...the UN-happy!

One or more players are randomly selected at the start of the game to be unhappy, but no one knows who they are.  As you search the town, the unhappy will try to covertly kill the other players one at a time.  The rest of the players must identify and kill the unhappy before Happyville becomes a ghost town."

Fun times.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Skyrim SE should be live now, except I didn't pre-load until ten minutes ago. Maybe after Legends of Tomorrow later I'll see how Special it is.

I've been testing it for about an hour.  So far I can safely say that in all the places Skyrim looked lovely, it now looks gorgeous.  However in all the places it looked hideous, it still looks just as freaking hideous.

All in all, the game works really well in the Fallout 4 engine, they've seamlessly integrated the new tech and (for me) it ran very smoothly.  I'm well practised at breaking Skyrim and making it stutter itself into oblivion (ha) so I did all my usual tests and I only saw one judder in an hour and absolutely zero frame rate drops, even in all the old trouble spots.

No mouse acceleration, no weird interface issues, no overtly last gen textures and no lipsync bug.  They seem to have tweaked Fallout 4's nauseating motion based anti-aliasing to reduce that obvious blur/sharpen effect.  The volumetric lighting effect doesn't obviously pixellate geometry.

Sound seems to have been rebalanced, shouts and spells are slightly quieter, but on the whole everything sounded good.

And now, because we'll be seeing lots of stunning Skyrim screenshots, here's some hideous **** that didn't get remastered...

0GQo52M.jpg

B5kbekS.jpg

tR7ZnIM.jpg

dMV1F3W.jpg

• Like 1

I was so looking forward for Bethesda to finally fix their bloody distant land textures.

Naturally, they didn't.

Edit:

All right, tried it for a bit. The game actually does look pretty damn pretty, aside from some LOD issues pointed out by WDeranged. As far a I can tell,

Pros:

- It looks a lot nicer in many areas

- Natively supports borderless window

- Colors seem a lot more vibrant, the world doesn't look so ... Bleached out.

Cons:

- It doesn't perform all that well. I mainly wanted Bethesda to do the remaster because Skyrim modded to look pretty didn't perform all that great. So now Bethesda improved it officially and it still doesn't run all that great.

- No FOV slider. Still. I mean, what the ****, when a single console command can change it, it's clearly not that difficult to implement.

- Mod manager. Or lack thereof. There's no "Data files" button in the launcher which has been a bit of a staple of Elder Scrolls series since Morrowind. To manage mods, you need to log-in to Bethesda network. I can imagine this'll be swiftly fixed by unofficial mod managers, but it still sucks arse.

- Many textures still look rather gnarly up close

All in all, I'm fairly disappointed, but it's still Skyrim. And since it's Skyrim, I can't stand it for more than 30 minutes without mods, so waiting for it to get proper mods released is the next course of action. Bye bye, Skyrim Remastered.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

^ Pretty much how I looked at it in the 45 mins or so I walked around.  I will just load the original and mod it.  The only thing improved is lighting, and anything else they did have better mods out there.

Titanfall 2's campaign is really short, but pretty sweet.  It isn't the best or anything, but I enjoyed it.  It took me about 4 and a half hours to complete it.  Now on to MP.

So, here's what the modding UI looks like:

hVm1jFH.jpg

Yeah, it handles as horribly as it looks. And here's how you download a mod:

iiWbqbY.jpg

You can't leave the modding interface until all mods are finished loading, so ... I hope you like sitting and staring at menus. I guess that's where the decision to add borderless window came in. However, when you log into their service, Bethesda graces you with the power of loading mods directly from data files! ... *sigh*

Edit: And yes, Bethesda made sure that unofficial patch is available since day 1! As opposed to... Y'know... Incorporating the fixes. Nobody's got time to do that.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Also when you load mods and then start a new game it tells you that he achievements are disabled. So if I want to download unofficial mod to have a lot of bugs fixed in the game I won't be receiving any achievements well plating.

'There's a mod for that'  :yes:

Yes.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

'There's a mod for that'  :yes:

It still feels like an incredibly stupid decision on part of Bethesda. "Hey, look, we brought modding support to consoles! And here's how we're going to disincentivize modding!" It's a small thing, but some people actually enjoy hunting for achievements, and for many, half the fun of TES games is modding. So what's the worst thing that can happen with modded Skyrim with achievements enabled? Some people's achievements will all get automatically unlocked or made easier via mods. ... ... So ****ing what?

Edit: Apparently, they added Rain Occlusion! For the first time in Elder Scrolls history, water particles are unable to pass through roofs!

Edited by Fenixp