What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

I mean, it was fun enough in its own way.  It was just so obvious that they cut a *lot* out from dialogue/quest options that you'd typically find in a RPG.  Heck, I think the new Deus Ex had more dialogue options than FO4.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I lost my second captain. I spent hours on this game and didn't lose any captain and then in much smaller amount of time lost two. This time it was Mt. Nomad that did me. If I'd had my previous ship, I think I probably would've survived, but no.

Now I'm on my third captain on this run and I can definitely say that there is at least one location open after the death of your first captain. I'm not all that sad. I lost Maybe's daughter going for the second time on my second captain. I don't know what the chances are to lose her in the bazaar, but when I find her again I'm going to let her go down again and I'll let you all know I'm either an unlucky bastard or the designers are rat bastards.

I lost my second captain. I spent hours on this game and didn't lose any captain and then in much smaller amount of time lost two. This time it was Mt. Nomad that did me. If I'd had my previous ship, I think I probably would've survived, but no.

So how do you feel about implementation of roguelite aspects of that game? Like main characters dying and the world changing somewhat?

So how do you feel about implementation of roguelite aspects of that game? Like main characters dying and the world changing somewhat?

It's really really late where I am right now, but I would say I like it. Off the cuff, I like it a lot. I want a world that changes as a result of what I do, and part of what I do is fail. I'm sure I'm not expressing that very well right now, but the net effect, if you can escape from the idea that your PC (or captain) must be perfect, is that the world evolves and in the long run may do things that the short and narrow view could never envision. If I can light a fire under my backside tomorrow, I'll even try to tidy these thoughts up and articulate them perhaps more persuasively tomorrow. Or I might just take a couple of analgesics and regret posting. lol Nevertheless, I think the design is brilliant. I love it. Trust me, if I didn't, I wouldn't be up past 2am my time feeding my addiction otherwise.

Playing Digimon Stories: Cyber Sleuth on PS Vita. I'm not going for the platinum trophy in this one.

I guess this is as close as we will get to a SMT game on the system. It's fairly easy, has repetitive and the story isn't great, but I am still having a fun time. I'm playing this while watching football.

Continuing my POE adventure. Located the blacksmiths wagon and killed the bandits, but failed to find the supplies. Will have to return a do a more thorough search later. Currently just started on Caed Nue. Picked up Kana the Bard Chanter and gave up making head or tail of the chant system. Maybe another nights sleep will help ;)

You know this feeling, just explore one more dark corner before resting, even if all your party members are below 50% health and Aloth all out of spells except 1 level two spell? Yeah, that's me. In the very last corner I ran into an oversized tarantula and my party wasn't doing well. My barbarian protagonist was down as was Durance, so as a desperate last ditch attempt at going down in flames, I sent Aloth up next to the spider and cast that bouncing fire thing of his. It worked wonders in that little enclosed corner, bouncing back and forth... back and forth... etc. wiping out the spider and the party minus Kana who had the good sense to sing something in the background. Met the guy I was supposed to meet and got some background info on souls and reincarnation ("awakening"), but not much insight into Watchers. Got a camp set up and prepared for the continuing journey... need to find a way further down and the force field door is still laughing at me.

• Like 4

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sunless Sea is probably the most remarkable game I've played in years. I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity, although I stalled at the beginning of the second expansion. It's a great game. Still, it's just simply not as clever. The last game that struck me as much as this one would have been New Vegas I think.

Case in point, I just finished, just now, the quest line on Visage. Sunless Sea is all about sinister underpinnings and dark secrets. It's zany and campy, a little, but it's terrible and horrific at the same time. ...But, and it helps to be Catholic to understand this, going through the whole story at visage is transcendent in video games.

at the end, you learn a secret from somebody, but both of you are masked. You don't know who this person is. The secret is simply personal, not the worst or most dire. It's just a secret one human tells to another to get it off his or her chest. Knowing it doesn't give you tremendous power. You can't broker it into a weapon or use it as leverage to defeat an enemy. The ceremony ends and you leave. Because secrets are powerful in and of themselves, you do benefit somewhat, but the story is its own reward.

*Sniff?*... *sniff!* *sniff!*... I smell an Eldar alt ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Case in point, I just finished, just now, the quest line on Visage. Sunless Sea is all about sinister underpinnings and dark secrets. It's zany and campy, a little, but it's terrible and horrific at the same time. ...But, and it helps to be Catholic to understand this, going through the whole story at visage is transcendent in video games.

First of all, I'm pretty sure that was just the first stage of the Visage quest, and Visage is one of my favorite parts of the entirety of Sunless Sea. The whole thing is just a masterpiece of storytelling. I do love how a ton of things in that game is abstracted - like you can trade with money, but in many ports, they value stories or secrets more.

Anyway, finished Shadow Warrior 2. The last two boss fights were among the most spectacular bosses I've seen, shame these encounters weren't more numerous and better paced. Oh well. At any rate, brilliant shooter, mediocre action RPG. Flying Wild Hog is already releasing patches, promises a ton of free content - so I'll wait until they're done with that and start a New Game+

i can finally scratch LA Noir off the list of games that i left unfinished

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Sunless Sea looks so terrible in videos that no amount of praise will ever get me to play it. talk about a "hit or miss" visual style

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

ShadySands was super nice and gave me a copy of Civ 6. I am definitely liking it more than Civ 5. The district system i interesting, makes your cities look a little more natural, as the farms and such get pushed out to the outer bits of your cities, and you can't build every building in them, so not every city ends up pretty much the same. It's now nearly 4 am and I have to get up in 4 hours. One more turn...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i got back to Divinity: original sin that i had left unfinished because of Pillars of Eternity. i want to finish the vanilla palythrough then restart it with the enhanced edition.

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Still traipsing around Toussaint in Witcher 3.  The sidequests continue to have depth to them, just like in the core game.

A little disappointed there's not a bit more interaction with the duchess and those surrounding her, though.  At least during this portion of the game I'm at.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Mad Max, which got ported to Linux a few days ago.  While I do have open world fatigue, I am enjoying the game immensely nonetheless, probably largely due to how good the driving and car combat is.  It doesn't hurt that the game is gorgeous looking and runs extremely well.  Probably my favorite thing in the game is driving around in Chum's buggy and having the dog sniff out mines.  That mechanic is well executed and I love that dog so much.  Also, harpooning dudes out of vehicles and dragging them around at high speed will never get old.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Dragon Age Inquisition. Wow have over 1000 hours invested in this. It surpasses the 900+ I have in Fallout New Vegas.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Skyrim Remastered huh? I guess you CAN eat the same meal twice.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finished Spirit of Justice. A solid Ace Attorney game. If they move to Switch, it'll probably be what gets me to buy one.

My prediction on the DLC case ended up being solid, but a much earlier twist than I expected. Though I figured out the killer early by the visual clue. That's probably the only bad things about these. The bad guy is imminently predictable 4 times out of 5. The question of how exactly they did it and the charm of the characters is what holds it together.

Now I'm on to Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. Finishing it up after a hiatus, currently in chapter 3. I'm in a stupid area where I have to avoid lasers or Monokumas get sent after me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had Civ 6 and Star Trek Online going at the same time last night. Dual monitors, played Civ while waiting to travel or respawn in STO, played STO while waiting for next turn in Civ.

• Like 3
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg