What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Hopefully they'll do a sale on the base game to celebrate the new expansion.

Speaking of the devil, 75% off for the base game and most DLC on Steam.

Edit: Endless Legend Collection, which contains most DLC, is 80% off

Edit2: Oh, Tale already noticed. That's what I get for not clicking unlabeled links.

Edited by Fenixp

Well, butchered the Africans into submission, so Rome's southern flank is safe...ish. Now have to cross the Atlantic and bring the pain to Montezuma. He has hordes of Macemen and Longbowmen that overwhelmed my first invasion of New York, so I guess I need to find a softer target to hit. All this logistical preparation is kind of fun for me, in an odd way - making sure I have transport fleets that are well guarded, have war fleets to cover flanks and shipping spies over to do recon for a soft coastal city to hammer into. Don't have Marines yet, else this'd be far, far easier.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Started playing Dragon Quest Builders. It looks absolutely adorable and it can be pretty hilarious at times. The soundtrack is also pretty neat.

I am also getting back to Bloodborne to see if I can co-op with one of my friends via the password system.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hopefully they'll do a sale on the base game to celebrate the new expansion.

Speaking of the devil, 75% off for the base game and most DLC on Steam.

Edit: Endless Legend Collection, which contains most DLC, is 80% off

Edit2: Oh, Tale already noticed. That's what I get for not clicking unlabeled links.

I got a few rounds in yesterday, right up to someone building a wonder two rounds before I was going to finish it. Savescum time!

It feels like a very different beast from the 4X I'm used to. The region system and minor factions are great. I'm not spamming cities just for borders.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was planning to do every faction's quest line. I hope Broken Lords' is like their faction trailer.

Heh  I had a little time to play so I figured I'd play a little more of Disturbed and came to the end.  The game is weird in that there are puzzles, but the player doesn't actually manipulate anything.  It's really about traveling to various location in the right order and occasionally making the choice to take a particular act at a particular time.  There are some locations that will absolutely kill the PC just for walking into them at the wrong time and I seem to recall one that killed the PC for walking to it at all.  However, if you're truly braindead and don't want to engage in any substantial thinking, the game's really not so bad.  Personally, I can attest to the fact that it's actually kind of entertaining to play it as a sort of drinking game.  Take a swig of beer every time you end up getting killed in sort of random non-sensical way.  By the time you go to bed, you'll have a pleasantly fuzzy feeling in your head.

Playing Shadow: Heretic Kingdoms. Kinda bored now cos i'm waiting for Tyranny, Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Stellaris Leviathans release.

Any recommendations for RPG games? I don't mind if its cRPG or ARPG etc as long as its not too old, is not an MMO and is somewhat entertaining.

Edited by deathcoy

as promised I tried Dungeon of the Endless. and boy I'm glad I did. this game is so addictive, I have to force myself to close it.

it has everything: strategy, tactics, resource management, combat (this last one is a bit too simplistic, but that's by design, you don't really control your characters, you're more of an observer - kind of like that dude in Aliens, sitting in the APC watching helmet cams of his squad members).

one thing I really dislike is the whole roguelike aspect of it, randomization can really screw you over (as it is doing to me currently, I'm on the 8th floor, and dust just stopped appearing, the more doors I open, the less food and tech I have because monster waves just keep getting bigger). it also really punishes you for any mistakes (again, as it did me, when I was answering a phone call and forgot to put the game on pause, didn't notice my best character get eaten off screen).

but otherwise the game is so good, I'm willing to let it slide.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Probably the only thing I really disliked about Dungeon of the Endless was just how fast your characters could die, without any auto-pause options or any sort of slow-mode. At times it was so insane that I quite literally took my eyes off a character at good health for mere seconds and when I glanced back said character was dead. Those levels of frustration are kinda off-putting to me.

New strategy worked ok with the Aztecs. Approach was to just burn him off the coast by landing and razing every coastal city. Not going to win the game but am glad I managed to bloody Montezuma's nose

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had my first bit of war in Endless Legend. I'm playing on newbie so it was easy. I like how it handles combat quite a lot. And I realized that you can't even put multiple cities in a region if you wanted to. Which makes me love regions all the more.

I don't see how I could play Civ VI after playing this, at this point.

The downside is I'm getting ridiculous quests that want me to travel to the other continent (and find out I forgot to meet the condition). Or find and destroy cities I've never seen before. Quests are a neat idea, but pursuing them is getting a bit tedious.

• Like 2

Had my first bit of war in Endless Legend. I'm playing on newbie so it was easy. I like how it handles combat quite a lot. And I realized that you can't even put multiple cities in a region if you wanted to. Which makes me love regions all the more.

As a sanity measure, you can speed up combat animations only when creating a new game, in the Game Settings Summary there's a "Battle Pace" option. You might have already found it and I might be utterly stupid, but having to wait forever for units to animate in combat was pretty much making me auto-resolve everything. It's a lot better now.

The downside is I'm getting ridiculous quests that want me to travel to the other continent (and find out I forgot to meet the condition). Or find and destroy cities I've never seen before. Quests are a neat idea, but pursuing them is getting a bit tedious.

I find approaching the quests as another option as opposed to something you necessarily need to complete helps. Sometimes they're helpful, other times they're no - the only thing that irritates me now is that faction quests are sometimes tied to regions you have no knowledge of.

Anyway, yeah, I find it rather difficult to play other 4x games now. Amplitude has done splendid job with Endless Legend.

I want Leviathan for Stellaris!

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I find approaching the quests as another option as opposed to something you necessarily need to complete helps.

Other 4x have me trained to not wage endless war. Either because I'm simply tired of it or because everyone ends up hating you for so much as defending yourself. So I've got to give the quests a shot, you know? It's stuff to do other than wait for a science victory.

There is some suggestion that it might actually have recaptured the best of the exploration and puzzles of the first games.

Nnno.

All right, Rise of the Tomb Raider is great, and throughout the game, there are scattered so-called "Challenge tombs". Those are essentially optional puzzles of varying scale and difficulty (altho most are rather easy), and these are the most reminiscent of the original Tomb Raider games and I kinda wish that's what the entirety of Rise was because they are probably my favorite bits of that game.

But then there's the rest of the game, and it's very similar to the Tomb Raider reboot - you run around, shoot some dudes, explore some lost cities inexplicably populated by baddies etc. etc. If you disliked Tomb Raider reboot, I don't think Rise of the Tomb Raider will magically make you like the new series.

for some reason, there is a ton of games on steam that are free to play.  They're all short little adventure games like Disturbed.  I've been getting them because I can often only play in short little bits and I find them entertaining for what they are.

I also bought Sunless Sea.  Just like the idea of the game.  Morbid with some Greater Old Ones flavor of weirdness to the story.  Haven't played yet, though.  When I get the chance today I will.

Current ongoing games are Armored Warfare, Pillars of Eternity, Forza Horizon 3, and Halo 5.  A bit of Dark Souls 2 mixed in to edge towards the last couple of trophies (then I have every achievement/trophy in every soulsborne game except Demons')

Waiting for the new Stellaris patch to drop next week before starting a new game of that.