What are you playing right now

Rosbjerg

Old thread here.

I finished New Super Mario Bros 2. About 25 hours to get to 100% completion. 

Its a decent game but its easy to see why it wasn't received all that enthusiastically by critics - it doesn't really add anything to the Mario universe. One might argue that more of the same would be fine as well, but with Mario being around for so long, its kinda less forgivable, particularly as Nintendo showed they could introduce interesting changes to the overall formula.

Woah, am i reading that right? You haven't played destiny since 2014? There should be plenty of content for you then. And before you know it you'll be using DIM or Ishtar Commander to sort out loot on 3 different characters. xD

True. I still haven't completed a single raid yet.  :)

As for SteamWorld Dig: man, this is one of the better games to kill time with. I also love the art style and the visuals.

SteamWorld Dig is really excellent.  The follow up, SteamWorld Heist, is also a really good game, albeit a completely different type of game that only shares the setting with its predecessor.

That looks interesting. Can't remember any devs doing something like that since the late 90's. Will check it out, thanks!

Fortune favors the bald.

Taking a break from Dark Souls 3, waiting for the DLC. Tried to play the new Deus Ex game, but I cound't get past the tutorial. It bored me to death. So I returned to Bloodborne heading to the DLC area with my skill/arcane build. I was upgrading my weapon and you dont' believe what happened next (click bait :p )

Such a lovely moment. I have spent over 300 hours in Bloodborne, but this never happened before in my playthrough.

• Like 2

I played a bit of Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. meh. I got one ending and got myself on the path to another ending, but I'm not really interested in doing it.

So back to Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Taking a break from Dark Souls 3, waiting for the DLC. Tried to play the new Deus Ex game, but I cound't get past the tutorial. It bored me to death. So I returned to Bloodborne heading to the DLC area with my skill/arcane build. I was upgrading my weapon and you dont' believe what happened next (click bait :p )

Such a lovely moment. I have spent over 300 hours in Bloodborne, but this never happened before in my playthrough.

Sorry I know nothing about this game, what was that video? It was very captivating and evocative  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just did a whole Battlestar Galactica thing in MOO. After losing a war to the Meklar I took one colony ship, one cruiser, one destroyer, and two civilian transports and fled to a planet on the other side of the galaxy. I didn't buy much time though. The Meklars found me withing 25 turns. 

I haven't gotten a damn thing done since installing this game.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sorry I know nothing about this game, what was that video? It was very captivating and evocative  :thumbsup:

The scene takes place in the Hunters Dream, where you can level up, trade, upgrade your weapons and port to other locations. The woman is a doll and she kneels before the Hunters Nightmare gravestone. She recites a prayer or prose to bless the hunter. A very rare moment in the game.

Edited by Bendu
  • Like 1

Killed the Black Knight on top of a tower in Undead Burg in Dark Souls. He made me work for it.

Reward totally underwhelming, a paltry 800 souls.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

And I really wanted that massive black phallic symbol

Well that came out wrong

Well I got a Titanite chunk, which is better than nothing. But I spent half an hour baiting him around the stone fountain by the bonfire.

I have no idea what is worth upgrading and where to upgrade anything for that matter.

I'm playing a Knight with the stock shield and Claymore.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

He's alone on top of a tower? What did I unlock?

Oh. That one.

I think there's a chest behind him? Anyway, yeah, the sword, possibly.

... Wuss. Edited by Fenixp

In the land where a pocket knife hurts like getting hit by a combine harvester I'll take any piece of steel between me and the ugly strangers I can get.

Well I got a Titanite chunk, which is better than nothing. But I spent half an hour baiting him around the stone fountain by the bonfire.

I have no idea what is worth upgrading and where to upgrade anything for that matter.

Upgrading your weapon is probably the most important thing. Just keep playing and you will find out soon how to upgrade. The Claymore is a very solid weapon. My favorite greatsword for the early game.

Edited by Bendu

Upgrading your weapon is probably the most important thing. Just keep playing and you will find out soon how to upgrade. The Claymore is a very solid weapon. My favorite greatsword for the early game.

But is it worth blowing titanite chunks on?

NBA2k17 

Loving it so far. My rookie point guard just cracked the Lakers starting lineup along with Michael B Jordan's Justice Young.

Things I like

The on court buddy system with Justice

Justice and Denver. They are your friends and teammates/companions

Customizing and decorating everything... even though it's purchased with virtual currency which you can grind out or just buy

Things I don't like

Too much stuff is online only, more so than in previous years. If you play offline then you lose out on pretty much all the character and gym customization

No branching dialog. I get that it's not a full fledged RPG but a few more convo options would be nice

Some minor glitches and bugs. Nothing major but one guy had an invisible body in his uniform and the only skin you could see was his head and his hands, was actually pretty funny

Your girlfriend. She seems pointless so far

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ran into 2 gargoyles. Almost killed one then his buddy decided to show up and throw me off the roof. I was doing pretty well though, they're not very intimidating vs my +4 Claymore. Maybe 4 hits and I had him down to 25%

I was reading articles about the 3DS, turns out it was hacked so that it can download games from Nintendo's eShop for free. They don't even bother to rip the games anymore.

I can't tell whether that's hilarious or really really sad, or both. How could they design such easily exploitable internet infrastructure

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Have you started on Daily Cthonicle?

Got in a little time just now. I can observe that it's a little unpolished, but that in't a problem for me. It's early access. Going to play a bit. like the journalistic aspect. Not all about leaving a trail of dead monster bodies. Want to get into the game substance before I comment more, but I'm guarded optimistic. Only real downside is the howling wind is truly and bogglingly loud. Just a tweak for the developers and that's what early access is meant to do, identify such things while the game is in development.

Finished reading the manual. Long and many misspellings. Impressive anyway. Shows a lot of care. Laughed when I read about how the author does not condone cruelty to animals and then gave glowing praise to the use of dogs in the game. Interesting and simple concept. So tired right now hard to concentrate, but I will say that I don't think the learning curve is as high as the detractors were claiming. Getting used to the interface is odd, but it works for what it's meant to do.

Edited by quidproquo
  • Like 1

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.