Is there a spot anywhere that lists the details of all the treasure you can get from treasure chests? I'm not talking about just the names, as I'm aware you can view that in the Gallery/Vault section. I'm talking about what all the cards do and look like. I'm aware there is a degree of "play the game and you'll find out"....but it would require WAY more hours in this game than I know I will ultimately play in order to unlock everything simply just to see what the cards are.

I suppose I was wondering if any sort of wiki had started getting developed so that people could browse the cards. I'm not interested in any particular card....I'm interested in simply browsing ALL of them, just to see what they have created unique to this game. I don't expect I'll ever be at a point where I've unlocked everything, and I don't want to miss out on seeing what the cards actually are, despite whether I ever get to use them or not.

• 3 months later...

Everyone... just keep in mind that should such an exhaustive list exist on the internet (names, powers, pictures, etc...), it would go against the Paizo community use guidelines regarding their games.

The Pathfinder ACGs have been around for years and no comprehensive card database is publicly available on the internet.  It isn't due to lack of effort or fan initiative, it is because the original creators have politely said "please don't do that" and the community has done their best to comply.

• Like 1

I wonder how the Paizo community guidelines would impact this game- I couldn't even find the word "Paizo" in it until halfway through the credits.

Also, I imagine there's a bit of a difference here, since for the actual card game posting the details means someone can just print out that card and use it.  This would be impossible for the mobile version because you still need to open a chest that contains the card.

In my opinion the best solution would be for a dev blog or forum post to just post out each new card as they come in- there were 2 dev posts that had images of all the treasure cards added in patches

PFID-F5D45B8AF20421AC

I wonder how the Paizo community guidelines would impact this game- I couldn't even find the word "Paizo" in it until halfway through the credits.

Paizo is right in the middle of the screen next time you restart the game.  ;)

I suppose someone at Obsidian would need to officially clarify their position, but unless suggested otherwise, work under the assumption that they simply have a license agreement to develop Paizo's Intellectual property for digital play.  Your relationship to the source material hasn't particularly changed because of their involvement.

As far as the Paizo Community Use guidelines go, think of it like: "normally you'd have no rights to use our stuff, but since we're cool, feel free to use our IP if it meets these rules."  Obsidian may presently be caretakers of the digital app, but they did not yet (and may not be able to) extend those community guidelines any further.  Just because the app is digital, it doesn't necessarily follow that the wishes of the actual owners have changed.

No one will likely get on your case for posting excerpts, screen shots, or describing things in your own words.  But it is pretty obvious when those activities cross over from community discussion to wholesale importing content into a database.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2