Scenario progression blocks, and content layering

thetang22

Question

First, this game (like the physical version) is a lot of fun.

What is NOT fun is when I frequently run into bugs that hault scenario progression; such as completing a required check, and then the following button to proceed never appears. A scenario can just sit in idle forever...not being able to progress. I understand bug fixing usually requires as accurate an account of the events as possible, but in cases like this...it almost happens every single scenario I play. It often happens when there is a triggered 2nd check...such as after you defeat the first henchman at a location automatically encounter another enemy. After defeating the second enemy, the continue button simply never appears. It's not hidden either, because in my experience, you can still click buttons you can't see so long as you click where it would usually be. The above example is by no means the only time this progression block happens, but that happens to be the most common for me right now playing Quest mode.

I have to close out of the game and hope re-entering will sort of reset whatever problem was there, but it often does not. Alternatively, I've just tried redoing the check and purposely failing, and that seemed to avoid the problem. That should not have to be an acceptable solution. If I use that method for this particular check, my character will die. If I succeed on the check, my game hits a progression block.

On a different note - please fix the layering of your content. This is a visual bug that happens a LOT. Cards that are viewable in one screen remain viewable in a different view or menu they shouldn't. Buttons you need to click that are BEHIND cards on the screen. It's just a lot of stuff like this that happens quite often.

The game is fun, but the sorts of bugs that you guys have in this game are an annoying exercise in tolerance. I stopped playing for several months due to annoyances like these....and I'm to the point of questioning if I should stop again.

10 answers to this question

We all know there are a lot of issues in the game at the moment. Really a lot mate. Perhaps 100 is the right order of power to be honest. Some players simply can't play it at all after last patch. You can often refresh Vault from settings or going to main menu before continue Story progression... other times you learn how to avoid some of them.

Developers are working on the AD4 content right now, because they are a little late for the first scheduling (June)... So we have a lot of players waiting new content since months and the works on the bugs could be delayed..

Then yea, the physical game is great, and you can 'taste' that with the digital version... but to be very clear the app is quite a beta release now (and still it will be for 6 months at least).

I can only say that with some emulators I tried (Memu, Bluestacks, .. ) game is quite playable. For specific device issues then you need a lucky roll..  :-

Sorry, are you sighing at me for posting this, or at the issue itself?

As has been mentioned, there are a number of bugs in the game which are getting worked out, all of the ones you mentioned are included in those.  I was sighing because multiple posts about the same issues are redundant and not necessary/helpful (in my opinion... people should search first and update the relevant threads).  

It's not so easy mate, for example my post above is at page 4 after 10 days.. There is a incredible amount of new data/threads in Tech support every day and new players don't know neither the game nor the forum enough. If you write issue graphic you get half the world.. It's really faster write few lines of text than find the right problem/solution among hundreds of threads and thousands of post inside. I can understand them..

• Like 1

It's not so easy mate, for example my post above is at page 4 after 10 days.. There is a incredible amount of new data/threads in Tech support every day and new players don't know neither the game nor the forum enough. If you write issue graphic you get half the world.. It's really faster write few lines of text than find the right problem/solution among hundreds of threads and thousands of post inside. I can understand them..

I get it.

I have been getting frequent layering issues as well. Zooming in on a card on iPhone durong exploration causes the card to remain in the middle of the screen, or if it does minimize the dice do not appear for a check. Also cards and buttons frequently overlap, I understand this is a widespread issue though.

So I have encountered a bug that stops progression in the first quest. Not the turtorial, but the 1st with the rogue and cleric. Once I close an area, my next chracter comes up with an exceeded hand size and zero options. Cannot discard, cannot move. Cannot do anything. Game is fun, but buggy with the layering issues everyone is having and this problem that does not let me complete a quest.