The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

"How can you make a post like this about your own PM? It would be different if what you said has some truth to it but I doubt anyone on this forum will agree with you ?"

Not too bright, I see. Like I care if people on this forum (or any forum) agree with me. Everything I post about Trudeau is true. Like always, the truth hurts.

volo is it really necessary to play the old " I dont care what people think, I just post whatever I want because I am different to everyone else  " 

No volo you are exactly the same as everyone else, we all want people to like us. We all want acceptance on certain levels. Yes I understand you have probably been subjected to real rudeness on the Internet and I am sorry for this but as usual I'll be honest with you when I say you would have to schizophrenic or suffering from dementia if you truly believe the actions of " someone who doesnt  care  what people think "  is the actions of someone who participates in debates like you do

So can we just be honest about this fact,  every single person who regularly posts on this forum cares on different levels what people think 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Trudeau seems to have potential, maybe?"

Only if you think elbowing women is A-Okay. or telling entire provinces in the country he is supposed to be leader of that they don't matter is some good leadership skillz.

LMAO

That elbow affair was annoying not for the nudge he gave her but the arrogance of him thinking that is his role in the House.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the Australians send all there new arrivals to a island hell hole where sexual abuse is rampant

Your entire country is a hellhole where sexual abuse is rampant.

What does that have to do with anything though? Someone from Brazil saying Chicago's gun violence is too high isn't invalidated as Rio is worse, no?

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the Australians send all there new arrivals to a island hell hole where sexual abuse is rampant

What does that have to do with anything though? Someone from Brazil saying Chicago's gun violence is too high isn't invalidated as Rio is worse, no?

Takes one to know one, eh? :brows:

Seriously I think the point is, unless you're going to equally condemn both in the situation, pointing out the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye while having a plank in yours is considered bad form, perhaps? 

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'll be honest, as an American, I can find Putin somewhat like able. I mean America doesn't have a spotless reputation and has done many things to put any of Putin's acts to shame.

It's actually sad that if we compare American politicians to Putin, he can seem very like able lol.

Just so I dont misunderstand you, is this your idea of a sense of humor?

I have to be honest its really not funny but I shouldn't be the one to judge others sense of humor  :biggrin:

No, it's not a joke, don't you have the one of the highest murder rates and rape rates in the world?

Yes we do and I am glad I asked you what you mean because I can see what you misunderstanding

WOD you have to realize there is huge and incontrovertible difference between this island that the Australians send people to and a country like SA

We do have terrible levels of crime but its not a natural occurrence. Its a direct consequence of 50 years of the inhumane attempt by the Apartheid system to rewire the psyche of 40 million black people....

So the extreme crime we face is committed by a small percentage of people who are basically emotionally detached from real feelings  

The island and the systemic abuse is about a modern societal problem, you should read this 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/08/02/australia-appalling-abuse-neglect-refugees-nauru

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Seriously I think the point is, unless you're going to equally condemn both in the situation, pointing out the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye while having a plank in yours is considered bad form, perhaps? 

No :)

You normally show more logic and reasonableness  than this, please the post I made to WOD

You cannot even begin to compare the OZ island to the crime in SA 

John Milton 

I'll be honest, as an American, I can find Putin somewhat like able. I mean America doesn't have a spotless reputation and has done many things to put any of Putin's acts to shame.

It's actually sad that if we compare American politicians to Putin, he can seem very like able lol.

I always appreciate your honesty, what would you say you admire about Putin?

John Milton 

You normally show more logic and reasonableness  than this, please the post I made to WOD

Thank you Volo. :)

I don't think I can please your post. :)

I didn't. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sorry I'm not getting this post? I thought you were saying you can compare the Island to SA ?

John Milton 

Just so I dont misunderstand you, is this your idea of a sense of humor?

I have to be honest its really not funny but I shouldn't be the one to judge others sense of humor  :biggrin:

No, it's not a joke, don't you have the one of the highest murder rates and rape rates in the world?

Yes we do and I am glad I asked you what you mean because I can see what you misunderstanding

WOD you have to realize there is huge and incontrovertible difference between this island that the Australians send people to and a country like SA

We do have terrible levels of crime but its not a natural occurrence. Its a direct consequence of 50 years of the inhumane attempt by the Apartheid system to rewire the psyche of 40 million black people....

So the extreme crime we face is committed by a small percentage of people who are basically emotionally detached from real feelings  

The island and the systemic abuse is about a modern societal problem, you should read this 

https://www.hrw.org/news/2016/08/02/australia-appalling-abuse-neglect-refugees-nauru

Sounds like most of the problems come from the locals on that island, who someone must have rewired, not Australia. HRW and Amnesty are always pushing their agenda to get Western countries to accept every illegal alien.

In other news, there's no election fraud in the US, quit worrying about it with your silly voter id: http://www.jammiewf.com/2016/washington-mall-terrorist-cetin-wasnt-u-s-citizen-still-voted-three-times/

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

In situations with a larger scale like your country having a problem, I find it's only bad form if you are denying the ones in your own. Can speak out against that everywhere right.

Unless the person is part of the problem at hand I don't get hung up on it being some sort of hypocrisy.

Sorry I'm not getting this post? I thought you were saying you can compare the Island to SA ?

No, I wasn't saying anything.  I was trying to clarify the point of someone else which seemed to be misunderstood, while making no statement regarding my thoughts on any matter at all.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Shots fired.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

The latest in David Fahrenthold's continuing investigation into the supposedly-charitable "Trump Foundation"

Previously, he's turned up the fact that Trump himself hasn't donated a dime since 2008, illegal self-dealing, an illegal political gift, and testimonial evidence that some donations were actually payments for services.  This report adds that the "charity" hasn't completed the necessary certifications under NY law to solicit donations, despite having received over $4.3M from non-Trump donors.  Notably, this certification requires an annual independent audit that would likely have turned up many of these other issues, and maybe more-- auditors get more access than journalists do.

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

The latest in David Fahrenthold's continuing investigation into the supposedly-charitable "Trump Foundation"

Previously, he's turned up the fact that Trump himself hasn't donated a dime since 2008, illegal self-dealing, an illegal political gift, and testimonial evidence that some donations were actually payments for services.  This report adds that the "charity" hasn't completed the necessary certifications under NY law to solicit donations, despite having received over $4.3M from non-Trump donors.  Notably, this certification requires an annual independent audit that would likely have turned up many of these other issues, and maybe more-- auditors get more access than journalists do.

Well that was bore, sounds like a bad attempt in tax planning instead of selling policy to international bankers larping as Bond villains or for Saudi princes to get more influence in Washington. But hey, anything to direct attention away from the Clinton Foundation is a good thing :^)

• Like 1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sounds like most of the problems come from the locals on that island, who someone must have rewired, not Australia. HRW and Amnesty are always pushing their agenda to get Western countries to accept every illegal alien.

In other news, there's no election fraud in the US, quit worrying about it with your silly voter id: http://www.jammiewf.com/2016/washington-mall-terrorist-cetin-wasnt-u-s-citizen-still-voted-three-times/

Of course it's Australia's fault that there are rapists in other countries. SJW logic at its best.

• Like 1

Still not as bad as what Hillary may have done. Negligent with national security info, possibly covering up the president's (her husband's) illegal behavior, blatantly lying about her health, etc. One has to ask why she wants to be president. Is it legacy? Ego? Does she feel she's owed this? Or does she really have the passion to change this country? I seriously doubt the latter.  

The insanity continues here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: