The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

P.S. Everyone is shallow. Men and women are shallow. PERIOD.

Sure, we all possess negative traits, and they all surface at various points.  But what are the dominant traits for these candidates?

Clinton seems to be dominated by greed and a need to be in control.  Trump seems to be dominated by ego and condescension.

Can't disagree with this. Trump is no paragon, but his brand of shallow ranks lower on the deplorable meter for me. 

I'm still trying to figure out how a candidate who wants to get rid of the fed is considered a viable candidate.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Trump is far from a perfect candidate, but he's all we got. Unless you like what's happening with the country.

To channel GuardDog, what about Johnson?

GD doesn't agree, but in a two party system the only logical choice is to vote for the lesser of two evils. If by election day Johnson looks like a he has a chance, then by all means. Personally I don't like most of his ideas though.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

As opposed to being 'likeable' if you are pro Hillary the candidate who brags about laughing at rapists, mass murdering people, and someone who views blacks as nothing more than votes but has no plans to help them.

volo Im not shallow., you can trust me on this  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Trump is far from a perfect candidate, but he's all we got. Unless you like what's happening with the country.

Sure, we all possess negative traits, and they all surface at various points.  But what are the dominant traits for these candidates?

Clinton seems to be dominated by greed and a need to be in control.  Trump seems to be dominated by ego and condescension.

Yes but we cant say Clintons natural personality of wanting to control her campaign and strategies means she will be like this if she becomes president "?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Siding With Saudi Arabia, Obama Vetoes Sept 11 Bill Passed Unanimously In Congress  

https://archive.is/rbPOV

We can all hope that Hillary will carry on this great legacy of Obama.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Siding With Saudi Arabia, Obama Vetoes Sept 11 Bill Passed Unanimously In Congress

https://archive.is/rbPOV

We can all hope that Hillary will carry on this great legacy of Obama.

Maybe they are concerned about precedent and they figure they need Saudi on side. Kind of funny watching people act like they care about this. Politics makes everything a hammer :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

" volo Im not shallow., you can trust me on this  :yes:"

You are worse than Trump, you only like Russian stripper girls.

No you guys keep making that assumption, its wrong. I like Hungarian, Bulgarian and Ukrainian strippers 

I always say I dont get on with Russian strippers   :biggrin:

John Milton 

Passed unanimously? That doesn't sound right.

Bill passed unanimously in the Senate and by voice vote in the House.   http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sept11-saudi-idUSKCN11F27R

Ah, a voice vote.  Bit misleading to call a voice vote unanimous.  How does something this big even end up as a voice vote?  I mean, this is a fairly massive change in international policy.    

It's all about the feels with Democrats. 

That's an odd way to characterize an election where the Democrat is a low-charisma center-left technocrat with detailed policy proposals to back up every line of her rather tepid stump speeches, while the "republican" is an egomaniacal compulsive liar whose entire pitch is RAGE and FEAR that "only he" can address, using means that he won't or can't explain to the electorate.

Passed unanimously? That doesn't sound right.

Bill passed unanimously in the Senate and by voice vote in the House.   http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sept11-saudi-idUSKCN11F27R

Ah, a voice vote.  Bit misleading to call a voice vote unanimous.  How does something this big even end up as a voice vote?  I mean, this is a fairly massive change in international policy.    

Everyone knew it was going to pass, the reasons to support it are all gut-level nationalism, and the reasons to doubt it are all nuanced and difficult to explain in an election campaign.  So the opponents chickened out and let it slide by, with the prominent exception of a President who (a) actually has to deal with its effects on international relations and (b) doesn't have to face the electorate again.  We'll see if any of them grow a spine on the veto override vote.  (Not likely.)

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 2

I don't get how it is nuanced to say it is bad to start letting private citizen sue countries.  That seems like a terrible precedent to allow.  

Do they also get to sue the US for their work in Afghanistan in the 80's?  Do victims of ISIS get to sue the US for destabilizing Iraq and siding with the rebels in Syria? 

They would only be able to sue us in their country's courts, which means no more business for them with America. I guess with someone like Obola, who actually settles lawsuits with enemy countries, it could be a valid strategy.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It's all about the feels with Democrats. 

That's an odd way to characterize an election where the Democrat is a low-charisma center-left technocrat with detailed policy proposals to back up every line of her rather tepid stump speeches, while the "republican" is an egomaniacal compulsive liar whose entire pitch is RAGE and FEAR that "only he" can address, using means that he won't or can't explain to the electorate.

I'm just going by that youtube vid where she uses frumpy, emotionally unstable tweens as props. That, and the incessant racist jabs to everyone that dares disagree with the democratic party. 

• Like 1

They would only be able to sue us in their country's courts, which means no more business for them with America. I guess with someone like Obola, who actually settles lawsuits with enemy countries, it could be a valid strategy.

Ah, so you want the US to cut off trade with any country that allows their citizens to sue us, but you are fine with US citizens suing other countries.  Well played sir.   :thumbsup: