The US Election 2016, Part VII

Pidesco

I don't believe you have ever been called a nazi though. I have gotten it from volo a couple times.

You haven't even been called a racist here. I would argue that your immigration arguments are flawed, but that has as much to do with economics as it does discrimination. And that's still not what I would call racism, but rather a very negative attitude.

My honest take is that the majority of the media, not all and perhaps not even by a huge margin but most at least, are nakedly anti-Trump. Certainly, the man has opened himself to attacks, but the idea that this is an important enough election that the press should not even try to cover it fairly is insane. That idea extrapolated is tremendously more dangerous to America than Trump is. Jimmy Fallon recently had Trump on his show and the bloke is castigated for not going after the nominee with hammer and tongs. Fallon is not a reporter. He's a late night show comedian. Social media is alight with statements to the effect that he humanized Hitler. Comparing Trump to Hitler isn't fair to Trump, to be sure, but people aren't fair. No big deal. However, making the serious comparison is not fair to the public. If Trump be Hitler, what will happen when a real Hitler appears? One with a gentler demeanor but a genuinely evil mind? Hitler himself could be soft spoken and he employed rational sounding people to further his goals. In the Universe of evil, Hitler was a supernova. Trump is a spec of dust.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

"Nah. I mean GD disagrees with the left pretty much full time, and he doesn't get called racist or nazi. Plus the only one who really throws nazi around is volo, and he aims it at people he thinks are on the left."

You ar eonc rack. I call anyone whot ries to control others' lives  nazis. The Right are nazis when they tried to tell me what movies to watch, what songs to listen to, what books to read, what attire to wear, or what to say. The Left are nazis when they try to tell me what movies to wat5ch, what songs to listen to, what books to read, what attire to wear, or what to say. Capiche?

Hating SJW Nazis doesn't make one pro right wing. I'm neither poro right wing or pro left though I should say I've voted 'left' more than i've voted right when i actually bothered to vote. Then I woke up and realzied the Left and Right ar eboth Nazis.

Right nbow, however,m it is the Left who are acting the nazis. Espicially SJW Nazis.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

@Chippy: forums where everyone agrees are incredibly boring. The best thing about this one is there are so many different opinions. Looks at the presidential poll thread.. It's a four way tie between very different candidates. It would not be so good if elections actually turned out that way but for forums where discussion and debate happen that is ideal.

I know we all pick on Bruce a lot and he does post some off the wall stuff but he does have a lot to add. Even if you don't agree with him (and most of us don't) you a brief moment he makes you think about something from a different perspective. That is a good thing.

" you a brief moment he makes you think about something from a different perspective. "

No. He never has.

Alum sometimes does but Bruce? Never.

Volo, GD is 100 % correct, you should ask yourself some  questions " what is a place like these forums? Why do we frequent these forums and what do we want or expect form these forums " 

For me one of the main reasons I enjoy these forums are  the political debates, I dont often agree with most people which at times frustrates me but you cant expect everyone to share your opinion....even if you can produce evidence or base your view on historical precedent 

But what has been invaluable  to me on these forums are the important anecdotal stories we hear all the time, this matters because it aligns directly  to what people outside the media, Internet movements and general political and social  commentary  are saying. We hear what normal citizens are thinking...sometimes this will support your view on topics and sometimes it wont. But it cant be ignored because it does represent an  important demographic that needs to be understood 

So in summary, these forums represent for me one of the mediums where we get to discuss topics like the great USA political narrative, SJ developments and other relevant global events ...like the EU refugee crisis and the rise of Islamic Extremism 

Theses forums are  great fun and very entertaining and we have interesting and constructive debates all the time  :thumbsup: ( even if we dont agree with each other...you can agree to disagree )

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That rant in the end, she really has no clue at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1PzWKd2sHo

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In a world where sexual liberation and rock 'n roll is the established norm, how else are people going to rebel

"Rebel" in the sense of performing rebellion rather than fighting for any concrete political goal. For both left and right politics has become little more than another commodity to decorate oneself with and give off the illusion of individuality.

That rant in the end, she really has no clue at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1PzWKd2sHo

How does she have a show? I couldn't make it through the whole video.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Don't get down on Volo Bruce. Once you get past his schtick the man is no fool. And he has a lot to add too. Volo makes his points using absurdities but even if it frustrates you... they get your attention, you read them and know where he's coming from.

The ideal internet forum IMO is like the Star Wars Cantina from Ep 4, only with ideas not aliens. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

Guys this link highlights again  reasons I am always amazed people people would want to support Trump

Trump has for the last 5 years questioned if Obama was born in the USA, he constantly has supported a view that Obama isnt an American citizen. It was a disgraceful  and malicious campaign and had a racist undertone to delegitimize Obama as the first African American president 

He has now admitted Obama was born in the USA   :shrugz:  No candidate has flip-flopped as much on policy and comments as Trump. He is inconsistent on so many topics like his economic policy and the fact he wont release his tax returns 

And some people still think he is best candidate to be the next US president 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce i believe you are mistaking revulsion of Clinton for support for Trump. Most of his supporters do not think he is the best candidate... just better than her. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Don't get down on Volo Bruce. Once you get past his schtick the man is no fool. And he has a lot to add too. Volo makes his points using absurdities but even if it frustrates you... they get your attention, you read them and know where he's coming from.

The ideal internet forum IMO is like the Star Wars Cantina from Ep 4, only with ideas not aliens. 

Volo's "schtick" is one of the reasons I gloss over his posts. Not judging and he can do what he wants. I mean I've seen others complain about Gronmir's thing and people sometimes criticize my walls of text, all of us keep doing our thing though. I say it more as a point of letting him know it drives some off.

Also we're not gonna be overly diverse with ideas given this forum seemingly scares off anyone with two X chromosomes. Kinda difficult to hit diverse ideas when 50% of the population is immediately off the table.

Don't read this Bruce... it will upset you: http://www.cnbc.com/...commentary.html

This is precisely why currently, I expect Trump to win. Granted both candidates are so nuts anything could happen until the election, not to mention Hillary rigging it is honestly VERY likely, so it's by no means a surefire thing, but when it comes to morale and who's gonna hit the polls? For all his problems, Trump is a human. He can be entertaining in his own way and has a persona. Hillary is a lizard folk who still hasn't mastered basic facial expressions and their meanings amongst our species. Hillary has to avoid cameras to keep her ratings from dropping, Trump can do either and his ratings stay as-is so long as he doesn't get TOO outrageous (which he often does). If one candidate is laughing it up with hollywood stars and the other one is hiding so we don't find out that yesterday she threw up her heart, gave a rich CEO a handjob or fed a bus full of orphans to the emperor of her home planet, guess who looks better: the one that's not afraid to socialize, of course.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Yes I am aware of a  view from some that " Trump is doing everything right " 

This is of course subjective. Some people think letting a comedian play with Trumps hair demonstrates Trump has a human side and " cant be that bad "

Of course Trump is human and has some positive ideas. He is not all bad , he is not like some despotic world leaders like Mugabe or Putin 

But  his views on " how to make America great again "  concern me immensely. He is cavalier with the truth and is happy to make comments in the interests of political expediency and the later retracts them when it suits him.

I am really only concerned with realistic views on policy that are consistent and feasible and Trump keeps failing in this regard  :geek:

John Milton 

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/

Guys this link highlights again  reasons I am always amazed people people would want to support Trump

Trump has for the last 5 years questioned if Obama was born in the USA, he constantly has supported a view that Obama isnt an American citizen. It was a disgraceful  and malicious campaign and had a racist undertone to delegitimize Obama as the first African American president 

He has now admitted Obama was born in the USA   :shrugz:  No candidate has flip-flopped as much on policy and comments as Trump. He is inconsistent on so many topics like his economic policy and the fact he wont release his tax returns 

Interesting that you omitted that the media was taken for a ruse to show how incompetent they are and how they now have to admit the following instead:

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Interesting that you omitted that the media was taken for a ruse to show how incompetent they are and how they now have to admit the following instead:

Please do a little research before saying   " Hilary started the Birther Obama controversy " 

Its has been debunked many times now, Hilary Clinton did not start this malicious rumour 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/23/donald-trump/hillary-clinton-obama-birther-fact-check/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/16/no-hillary-clinton-did-not-start-birther-movement/90500762/  

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Yes I am aware of a  view from some that " Trump is doing everything right " 

This is of course subjective. Some people think letting a comedian play with Trumps hair demonstrates Trump has a human side and " cant be that bad "

Of course Trump is human and has some positive ideas. He is not all bad , he is not like some despotic world leaders like Mugabe or Putin 

But  his views on " how to make America great again "  concern me immensely. He is cavalier with the truth and is happy to make comments in the interests of political expediency and the later retracts them when it suits him.

I am really only concerned with realistic views on policy that are consistent and feasible and Trump keeps failing in this regard  :geek:

It concerns you that he is cavalier with the truth but you support Clinton????. OMG, I haven't laughed that hard all week. She is a habitual liar and if nothing else about her has been that HAS been proven to you!

Now as for your last sentence I don't disagree with you. Much of what Trump wants to do is just not going to happen. Much of what Clinton wants to do can happen. That does not make it good though. 

Thomas Sowell

Please do a little research before saying   " Hilary started the Birther Obama controversy " 

Its has been debunked many times now, Hilary Clinton did not start this malicious rumour 

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/sep/23/donald-trump/hillary-clinton-obama-birther-fact-check/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/16/no-hillary-clinton-did-not-start-birther-movement/90500762/

No Clinton is not so ham fisted as to have her name attached to something like that. But it was started by her supporters as Michael Smerconish discussed at length on his show yesterday. If you think she had nothing to do with it you are kidding yourself. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Now as for your last sentence I don't disagree with you. Much of what Trump wants to do is just not going to happen.

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed the irony of all those idiots cheering on Trump's idea of building a wall and making Mexico pay for it, calling him a patriot for the idea, when infact our country was largely founded because another country (or rather our "country" at the time) wrongfully expected to tax us for things we saw no benefit from.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Bill Clinton, is that you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYnl6GMOBIA

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Maybe it's Huma lol

Kate Bolduan is a very astute political commentator, she has the daily show on CNN " State of the Race " and yes the various CNN commentators are right. Trump not only wasted peoples time but he horribly flip flopped on this issue 

This is something we should all be condemning as it shows how Trump uses the media when it suits him but then whines about " the media is biased and has horrible people working for it  " when the " media " doesn't comment on what he likes 

John Milton 

Guys this link highlights again reasons I am always amazed people people would want to support Trump

Trump has for the last 5 years questioned if Obama was born in the USA, he constantly has supported a view that Obama isnt an American citizen. It was a disgraceful and malicious campaign and had a racist undertone to delegitimize Obama as the first African American president

He has now admitted Obama was born in the USA :shrugz: No candidate has flip-flopped as much on policy and comments as Trump. He is inconsistent on so many topics like his economic policy and the fact he wont release his tax returns

Please do a little research before saying " Hilary started the Birther Obama controversy "

Kate Bolduan is a very astute political commentator, she has the daily show on CNN " State of the Race " and yes the various CNN commentators are right. Trump not only wasted peoples time but he horribly flip flopped on this issue

This is something we should all be condemning as it shows how Trump uses the media when it suits him but then whines about " the media is biased and has horrible people working for it " when the " media " doesn't comment on what he likes

Why should we be condemning him for using something that is against him and benefiting from it doing what it thinks it should be doing? Normally we praise people for that.

• Like 1