A few days ago, I started a topic about which Villain you people hated most. Now it's the turn of the monsters. Which monster you simply hate to encounter, regardless of the character you are playing in the moment? It's his/her combat check? It's because he/she has a skill check instead of combat check? It's his/her pesky card text? 

The Enchanter was the monster I hated most, but now with AD4 cards beginning to appear, I become very upset every time I encounter a Harpy.  :verymad:

Harpy a real pain, as is the satyr or whatever you call it. The one that requires dexterity. Invariably ends up being Kyra draws the bastard.

I still hate the enchanter more because she always depletes your hand at least somewhat.

Villain I hate most'd be the bloke who resets on a 1 or 2. Normally not a problem, but I've had him roll a 1 or 2 like four or five times and that makes the easy battle quite hard.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

We could say every monster with a check over 10 and that doesn't allow you weapon or offensive spells.. It includes also every monster I have still never encountered  :fdevil:

Yeah, both Goblin Warchanter and Harpy suck like that. However, the Harpy has the added 'bonus' of absolutely wrecking your game on Legendary.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

I sill generally think it is Enchanter, at least if you consider the monster only by itself, not the possible locations or mode of the app. She's there from the beginning. Harpy doesn't show up until deck 4, and only in certain situations is the moving really bad (Legendary or if the location is horrible). And in large groups, there is never enough damage reduction to go around that will take care of Enchanter's BYA and AYA damage.

Later in the game, Scarlet Walker is horrible. Warden of Thunder too. I'm dreading when we'll see them.

Edited by 269Hawkmoon

Goblin Warchanter. Oh how I hated him during development and still do.

I'm not ashamed to say I want to hug you right now, Stormbringer. I hope at least they cover your therapy...

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PZO6000-Harpy.jpg

It's not the Satyr (though he may be dangerous if the wrong character encounters him). The Harpy has this power that attracts everyone to her location if the characters don't succeed a Wisdom 8 check. It's very annoying, since it may foil any plans you had for that round.

The correct answer. This thing is a nuisance on normal and heroic, but a Nightmare on legendary. Happen upon one in the latter stages of the game, and you get to have fun dumping half a dozen blessings into it so that your whole party won't get tugged across the map and utterly ruined by the adjacent movement restriction.

Edited by Nym

I'll put in another vote for Satyr.  Every time he pops by, he's up against some non-dextrous oaf of a character.  And, he's from C-Deck! I paid money for this nonsense? What indignity!

Though, it is always amusing to think of the encounter not as combat, but a high-stakes dance-off.

CowqyVq.gif