Is it worth planning characters around Stronghold Adventure items?

So I've noticed that some builds incorporate Stronghold adventure reward items, that while good are also oh so random (Mourning gloves, Niden's Finger, where are you!)

Not only is the reward random, the chance of getting an adventure on any Stronhold turn is SUPER random (5 Nothing to Reports in a row, no I'm not bitter, why do you ask?)

Do people have a method for getting what they need or something? Otherwise it seems like a crapshoot to me.

I think on a long enough timeline most of them do crop up. I've sunk about 50 hours into to my playthrough now (finishing off Act 3, then doing WM part 2, then the boss monsters) and I think I've seen most of the items come by once or twice, so I think it's just a waiting game. Then again I'm playing solo, so they're all useless to me!

Does saving and reloading before you generate a new turn work? I thought how these adventures were generated was random, in which case reload spamming before you finish a quest might help you get something you're after.

Does saving and reloading before you generate a new turn work? I thought how these adventures were generated was random, in which case reload spamming before you finish a quest might help you get something you're after.

That works, of course. :)
  • Like 1

:skull: SHARKNADO :skull:

Would just like to report on my experiments following the above advice:

1. Whether you get an adventure or not is determined way in advance. All the reloading in the world didn't get me an adventure when the Turn had been "Nothing to Report" prior.

2: Ditto the class of adventure, if you by chance got a minor adventure, reloads would get you a minor adventure.

3: Where it changes is WHICH minor adventure you get. You can reload if you get a minor adventure you don't want until you get the minor adventure you do want. This has been useful for not filling up my inventory with junk!

• Like 1

It's not determined that much in advance. Somewhere between completing the last adventure and obtaining the new one, i'd guess.

The Bounty quests are good for manipulating the RNG(save scumming) in order to get the Legendary adventures for example. They seem to advance multiple turns when returning them and you can return multiple at once to the same quest giver.. I did it in White March 2 by completing the first two bounties. Returning just two of them game gave me two new adventures and the second one wasn't determined before I returned the bounties.

Actually, most events are initiated three to five turns in advance (it varies a bit by type, as I recall), with a turn count timer. At the time they are initiated, two random numbers are rolled for them and stored. When the event timer has counted down, the event actually happens, but a lot of it is determined by the two previously rolled random numbers. For adventures, how big an adventure you get is a function of the random numbers and your prestige (with 'no adventure' being the bottom rung). So if you quickly get some extra prestige somewhere before the final turn of a count elapses, you may be able to move the adventure size up a class, but it is largely fixed. The particular adventure from that size class that you actually get is decided only when it starts however, so for that reloading does help (as Prototype's tests also bear out). 

• Like 1