Can't do anything in quest

Bardmedicine

Question

I am in the first adventure (not the tutorial).  I defeated the villain, but he was able to run to another area.  When that char's turn ends, the other character comes up and she has 7 cards in her hand for some reason, the deck size number is glowing at 2, and I can't do anything.  I can't draw an adventure card, I can't go to the map.  I can go to menus and such, so the game is still running.

8 answers to this question

I am having this problem a third time, though slightly different (or I was paying more attention this time).

My first character closed an area and got to recharge a card from her discard. For some reason, when it switched to character 2, she had 7 (normal hand size 6) cards.  The blessing deck at the top ticked, and the square was around the first phase (give a card I think).  I couldn't do anything to progress.  There were no X's or prompts on the screen.  I could open menus, look at my character, ect...

I'm having this same issue. First question both of my two party members at the wooden bridge. I bury a card to recharge one in my discard pile then it ends the characters turn and goes to the next one. The next character has 1 card more than their max hand and can't discard or move or anything at all. Is this a bug or am I just missing something?

I'm experiencing a similar problem.  Char has 6 cards in their hand but should only have 5, and I can't do anything.  Can't discard, can't bury, can't tap on the card in the upper left, and there are no tips or glowing things indicating what I should do next.

Whenever the game gets itself into an "inconsistent state" - either with, or without, a "progression break" - if the UI is still responding I perform a VRT ("vault round trip": simply hit the settings button in bottom left of the screen, choose Vault, and when it loads hit the back button to return to the game). It doesn't fix everything, but it's surprising how often it does fix things.

• Like 1

VRT only works while you're in a Scenario. If you have a blank rewards panel, you have a different problem to the OP, one that has been reported but for which I have seen no resolution. (Deleting the data in Google Play fixes a few issues that are otherwise recalcitrant. Of course if you're on iOS...)