I got the samisen, how the heck do I get it in my deck!

I finished the campaign and unlocked the Samisen. It's in my vault along with tons of other nice things I have collected. How do I get them into my decks? There are nice weapon and armors that I could also use but I can't figure out how to get them out of the vault and into my deck. Can I only get them while playing?

Follow up question to that.  Having recently learned cards are given out playing the story in Legendary Mode I took my two parties through the Beginning scenarios.  I got Samisen with my first party.  I went back and took my second party through.  Instead of a card I got Gold.  Can you get more than one Samisen?

If you find the item in any scenario, you can save all the items you want in the end step. Just remember you can't save aside cards, so select carefully what to maintain in your decks and what to discard. Then you will update your party decks with stronger cards every time you play.

Follow up question to that.  Having recently learned cards are given out playing the story in Legendary Mode I took my two parties through the Beginning scenarios.  I got Samisen with my first party.  I went back and took my second party through.  Instead of a card I got Gold.  Can you get more than one Samisen?

The Samisen (and the other legendary clear drops - for lack of a better name) are  apparently unique. You can however get them 1x for any party where none are in any active decks.

Edit: Hannibal beat be to the punch. Damn my overly wordy ways! :facepalm:

Edited by Pengw1n

Okay.  As I'm understanding this, playing the Legendary levels in story mode with my two parties still means that after I beat the AD I will only get ONE copy of the Legendary card for my gallery instead of multiple like Pole when I buy the chest.  My party of two beat the Beginner AD, got Samisen.  My second party of six bet the Beginner AD, got Gold.  If I were to take a 3rd party through the Beginner AD @ Legendary level, all I need to expect is Gold?

Thanks for the responses.

Okay.  As I'm understanding this, playing the Legendary levels in story mode with my two parties still means that after I beat the AD I will only get ONE copy of the Legendary card for my gallery.

Yes.  But just because you only have one in the gallery, that doesn't mean that each of your parties can't have a copy of their own.

Scenario building works vaguely like:

- Add together all the relevant adventure decks

- Add in a number of random treasure cards (and legendary rewards)

- Subtract out the contents of your character's hands

- Deal the game

Don't know if Lightning Bolt is even unique and I only have it right now in one party. I forgot it was in the game until I recently decided to switch to my other party for a while. I even had my wand of ennervewhatzits somehow go missing. Might be that I was playing while fatigued or something, tho, so it could be my fault. I have samisen in three of my parties now, so I know you can get it multiple times just not with the same party as my Punic friend says.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

Don't know if Lightning Bolt is even unique and I only have it right now in one party. I forgot it was in the game until I recently decided to switch to my other party for a while. I even had my wand of ennervewhatzits somehow go missing. Might be that I was playing while fatigued or something, tho, so it could be my fault. I have samisen in three of my parties now, so I know you can get it multiple times just not with the same party as my Punic friend says.

All regular cards from the tabletop version are limitless (ex. lightning bolt), the treasure chest cards could have limitations in number of card instances you collected. That is the general concept. The unique items are few and I think I have never used playing Legendary with full party.

Edited by RedPred

All regular cards from the tabletop version are limitless (ex. lightning bolt), the treasure chest cards could have limitations in number of card instances you collected. That is the general concept. The unique items are few and I think I have never used playing Legendary with full party.

Not quite true.  For example, AD2 normally has two copies of Lightning Bolt.  When a scenario loads, it checks what cards your party has and "subtracts" them from the vault.  If you already have one Lightning Bolt, only one may randomly show up in play.  If you have two, none will show up in play.

You can still get around this soft limit by running multiple parties and trading cards between them.  It is a slow process, but there's actually nothing stopping you from loading out Ezren with nothing but Lightning Bolts.  

On that note, you could also farm out a half-dozen Holy Candles and pretty much break any scenario.  ;)

• Like 1

About Holy Candles I have to say that I only encountered them when I have a penalty in blessing pile (-5 blessing as scenario power for example). I'm curious to know if any of you have ever found them in other settings or if have ever found a couple in the same scenario..  :disguise:

About Holy Candles I have to say that I only encountered them when I have a penalty in blessing pile (-5 blessing as scenario power for example). I'm curious to know if any of you have ever found them in other settings or if have ever found a couple in the same scenario..  :disguise:

Scenario building and scenario modifiers happen independently of each other.  Any cards get chosen for play are random.

Conceptually it is natural, practically you can program a conditioned behavior if you want to avoid specific situations. For example: - 5 blessing at the start, -1 blessing if you miss a boon (game ends at turn 15-10). If I was writing that part of the code, I would have probably added a balance factor for players. And my curiosity was just because I haven't really encountered that card with other scenario powers combinations  :yes:

Edited by RedPred

Thanks for the replies.  I understand how the card distribution works.  I got confused when I end up with 7 Pole cards from chests (exaggerated) and only one Samisen even though I finished on Legendary twice.  Now I know, go through once on Legendary to get the cards.  Go back if I want Gold. 

See here, Rom129DCS, I JUST now played a game and noticed that Harsk in the six player party has two Samisens. I don't even think I gave him two on purpose, altho sometimes I will eschew good kit to keep a theme or an idea. Game's forgivin nough to allow that even on legen waitforit dary. Seems that you've got a legitimate question. Don't know enough to give any guidance, but I appreciate that some folks are more savvy than me and can bring up probing questions.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.