Guard Dog

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you support?

• Hillary Clinton/Tim Kaine Democrat
    • DonaldTrump/Mike Pence Republican
    • Gary Johnson/Bill Weld Libertarain
    • Jill Stein/Ajamu Barka Green Party
    • Darrell Castle/Scott Bradley Constitution Party

OK folks we have been discussing the election for over a year. We are down to less that 60 days until the election and early voting in the US begins today.Who has your vote? Please limit discussion of the current election thread. This is for polling only. Thanks!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guess who I voted for ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

OK folks we have been discussing the election for over a year. We are down to less that 60 days until the election and early voting in the US begins today.Who has your vote? Please limit discussion of the current election thread. This is for polling only. Thanks!

No write-ins?   

• Like 1

Guess who I voted for ?

Satan

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Is it alright if non nationals vote Guard Dog? Hardly informed but with the choice presented one hardly needs to be.

Oh and no return to the bosom of Mother England option? We have biscuits, and tea in which to dunk them!

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I figured we'd limit it to candidates that can get to 270. The Constitution Party is a strech because they are only on the ballot in 34 States. They would need to run the table to win.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is it alright if non nationals vote Guard Dog? Hardly informed but with the choice presented one hardly needs to be.

Oh and no return to the bosom of Mother England option? We have biscuits, and tea in which to dunk them!

Unlike in November this poll is open to all. Even crazy Russians with a tank fetish and South African SJWs! Here we love you all!

• Like 9

Thomas Sowell

In the name of Kaine Kane.

Fixed that for you

kane2.png

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

am actual owing the brits a big thank you, 'cause no matter how ridiculous the US Presidential election becomes, it ain't as bad as brexit.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Bit surprised by the Jill Stein votes, she gets very little mention by folks here.

I said I was voting for a commie jew and I'm voting for a commie jew whose convention was in my city. I mentioned she had a warrant for arrest in the election thread, but people were too busy responding to Bruce.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't care who wins

just leave rest of the world alone

That means you do care.  Because neither Clinton or Trump are going to leave the rest of the world alone.

What powerful nation ever leaves the rest of the world alone? Should Europeans open their doors to refugees seeking asylum? That's not leaving the rest of the world alone? Should China build an island in the South China sea? They're not leaving the rest of the world alone. Should the US host the United Nations? Should they pay the fees of member nations? Give foreign aid? Should the citizens give so overwhelmingly to distressed nations in times of crisis?

One of the most useless ideas in this forum is that the United States should leave the rest of the world alone. As a stand alone statement, it's entirely meaningless. Typically means something more akin to "US should do what I think it should do."

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

If the US truly left the world alone... there'd be a lot of crybabies whining about it. Heck, there always is.  People bash the US for jumping into either WW earlier, people jump on them for not signbing cerain Climate Change or 'free amrket' deals. People get mad at the US for when they gave the middle finger to Cuba, people get mad when the US doesn't intervere  in various wars and  accuse them of being 'cuplable' when  group A commits genoicie against group B in some random country. LMAO

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If the US truly left the world alone... there'd be a lot of crybabies whining about it. Heck, there always is.  People bash the US for jumping into either WW earlier, people jump on them for not signbing cerain Climate Change or 'free amrket' deals. People get mad at the US for when they gave the middle finger to Cuba, people get mad when the US doesn't intervere  in various wars and  accuse them of being 'cuplable' when  group A commits genoicie against group B in some random country. LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7bKYMuerA

• Like 3

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The problem with the USA's foreign relations isn't that they meddle but rather that they are short sighted at best, woefully incompetent at worst. It has been screw up after screw up since the 60s.

I mean I'd understand if they, at least, bungled things up for everyone else while in process of strengthening their own position, but they can't even do that. It's infuriating.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If the Internet would've voted, then Ron Paul would've been president long ago.

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Perhaps I should edit the poll, to somehow emulate the great American tradiftion that underpins the country's democracy. Gerrymandering, I mean.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: