Monster in a closet bug

Krynble

Question

I was playing story mode with merisiel and Kyra. It was merisiel's turn.

A monster in a closet came in my first exploration with merisiel alone in place.

I had a thieves' tool in hand and used it.

Then it summoned a goblin (can't remember the name) but I failed the combat check.

As the goblin wasn't defeated I was prompted to bury a weapon or item from my discard pile. I did this but I am now stuck with neither the monster in a closet undefeated nor the goblin.

All I can do right now is click examine in the location deck and it does not show any cards as they are all flipped down.

8 answers to this question

Hi

Sorry I don't have a screenshot anymore. I ended up clicking forfeit and starting it over again.

Neither goblin nor the monster in a closet were visible, they were both dismissed already.

As the monster in a closet was defeated using the thieves' tools I was forced to face a goblin, and the check to defeat the goblin failed. I took damage and was requested to banish a weapon or item from my discard pile. I did so, the animation that displays a card being banished from the local ceck was played and the Examine button was being displayed (I don't know why as I hadn't played a spyglass or any other card that would allow me to Examine the local deck).

When I clicked it, I could see all cards faced down, with 1 card separate from the others in the rightmost side, but also flipped down.

Then I couldn't end my turn or explore or anything, I was stuck. I tried tapping the discard / end turn buttons and they did nothing. I could still examine my own deck and my discard pile, and I was able to click the map Icon and see all other available places.

Hope it helps =)

When (note that I say "when") that happens, try hitting Settings/Vault, then hit Back. This seems to force a full refresh of the displayed game and often fixes issues relating to what is/should be on the screen. I refer to this as "performing a VRT" (Vault Round-Trip). Always attempt this before Forfeiting.

Edited by mccrispy

When (note that I say "when") that happens, try hitting Settings/Vault, then hit Back. This seems to force a full refresh it the displayed game and often fixes issues relating to what is/should be on the screen. I refer to this as "performing a VRT" (Vault Round-Trip). Always attempt this before Forfeiting.

Exiting to the main menu and then "Continue" the game works to reset some things as well.  Certainly not all of the time, but quite frequently. 

When (note that I say "when") that happens, try hitting Settings/Vault, then hit Back. This seems to force a full refresh it the displayed game and often fixes issues relating to what is/should be on the screen. I refer to this as "performing a VRT" (Vault Round-Trip). Always attempt this before Forfeiting.

Exiting to the main menu and then "Continue" the game works to reset some things as well.  Certainly not all of the time, but quite frequently. 

That's interesting - especially as "Continue" is Story Mode functionality.

That's interesting - especially as "Continue" is Story Mode functionality.

"Continue" continues whatever game is in progress. Story Mode may take priority, but if you don't have one in progress, it will continue a Quest Mode scenario.

Hum I tried going back to main menu, closing game entirely and reopening.

When I resumed, I was prompted to select a card to bury from my discard pile, the vanishing animation was played and I got stuck to the same point again.

Still, thanks for all the tips ;)