For beginners. And thats just amateur level power lifting with testosterone and growth hormones, imagine the athletes that have and incredible amount of political and monetary pressure behind them. Drugs in sports is a really disgusting problem.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Bears deliver moar stuff about WADA.

http://fancybear.net/page-2.html

We'll keep on telling the world about doping in elite sports. Stay tuned for new leaks.

USA

Bethanie Mattek-Sands

Brittney Griner

Conger John

Dagmara Wozniak

Deanna Price

Kathleen Baker

Mcquin Baron

Michelle Carter

Sam Dorman

Tervel Ivaylov Dlagnev

Great Britain

Bradley Wiggins

Charley Hull

Christopher Froome

Heather Fisher

Sam Townsend

Denmark

Blume Pernille

Russia

Misha Aloyan

Poland

Madaj Natalia

Czech Republic

Kvitova Petra

Romania

Cogianu Roxana

Germany

Robert Harting

Franziska Hentke

Christina Obergfoll

Christian Vom Lehn

Christian Reichert

We are Anonymous. 

We are Legion.

We do not forgive.

We do not forget.

Expect us.

Sure Oby, doping is  " bad " in the USA but the doping in Russia is at a state sponsored level and the Russian head of the anti-doping lab had to resign because he was directly implicated

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/04038dc4-87c4-11e5-9f8c-a8d619fa707c.html#axzz4KKDtNRbB

Plus the entire Russian paralympic team has been banned from the Paralympic games ..,...the ENTIRE team

http://abcnews.go.com/International/russias-entire-paralympic-team-banned-upcoming-games/story?id=41182565

Then of course there is the 60 or more Russian athletes banned from the Rio Olympics

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/29/sport/russia-banned-athletes-stars-2016-olympics/index.html

So as much as we appreciate your concern with doping outside Russia I would suggest you spend all this time raising the reality of the huge doping crisis that exists within Russia....Russia has the worst levels of doping in the world and this is something that concerns me immensely ;(   

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Maybe one day they will find out the truth about FloJo.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Russia has the worst levels of doping in the world and this is something that concerns me immensely ;(

Propaganda BS. The entire Olympics is one giant multi million dollar drug swamp.

There is a huge difference between doping that some  athletes of every  country partake in and what is described as " state sponsored doping " in Russia

The latter is much worse and demonstrates a level of doping where members of the Russian government and secret police were involved. Please take the time to read the link below and you will see what I mean, if you can find another example anywhere in the world where there was such a level of corruption and state interference in implementing doping  post the links and I'll happily read it 

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/10/sport/russia-doping-report-shocking-things/index.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

There is a huge difference between doping that some athletes of every  country partake in and what is described as " state sponsored doping " in Russia

If its state sponsored doping or doping done by the individual sports clubs results in the exact same thing. Tons of doped athletes. *Shrugs*

Nowadays every top level athlete is taking multiple performance enhancers, ranging from growth hormones to the newest steroids up to even more advanced crazy stuff that changes the metabolism of the muscles themselves. Thats the only way you can keep breaking records every year for years to come.

The human body isn't getting better every year - its the pharmaceutical industry. 

The real root problem is the anti doping agency that is simply not doing its job properly. If it *really* worked like intended no new records would be broken anymore and performances of the athletes would dramatically dwindle. Nobody would care about this event anymore. That would be like torpedoing your own ship. 

Its just politics. In Russia this has been handled like that for many many years and ''now'' its a problem.  I'm sure the current political situation has nothing to do with that.  :getlost: 

Edited by Woldan

Does anyone really need to know for sure? Good for a chuckle though when you hear commentators talk about stripping east german athletes of records for their 'obvious' doping. She never failed a doping test (her retirement was... unusual though) but then neither, technically, did Lance Armstrong.

And on the leaks themselves, it's always heart warming and inspiring how many top athletes overcome the odds of having severe asthma, ADHD and the like to achieve greatness in their chosen field.

The only rational thing to do is to stop giving a crap and just let athletes use all the drugs they want. 

If your goal is to end up with a bunch of dead athletes, sure.

Albeit I suppose if you're a self-proclaimed rational person and look at the costs of professional sports compared to the overall societal value it creates, the conclusion that ending up with a bunch of dead athletes is a net gain in utility may not be out of bounds.

Edited by aluminiumtrioxid

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Remember that time when there was only clean athletes competing ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_1988_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_100_metres

The Men's 100 Meters at the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea – frequently dubbed "the dirtiest race in history" – ended in controversy after Canada's Ben Johnson defeated defending champion Carl Lewis from the United States with a world record time of 9.79s, topping his own record of 9.83s that he set at the 1987 World Championships in Athletics in Rome.

Johnson was not the only participant whose success was questioned. Lewis had tested positive at the US Olympic Trials for pseudoephedrine, ephedrine and phenylpropanolamine, medications available at the time in common cold remedies, but the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) cleared Lewis to participate at the games in Seoul. Christie was found to have metabolites of pseudoephedrine in his urine after a 200m heat at the same Olympics but was later cleared of any wrongdoing. Dennis Mitchell tested positive ten years later. Of the top five competitors in the race, only former world record holder and eventual bronze medalist Smith never failed a drug test during his career. Smith later said: "I should have been the gold medalist." Johnson had demanded that Lewis be stripped of his gold medal, but the IOC had no intention of redressing the issue, stating they operate under a three-year statute of limitations.

In the ESPN documentary 9.79*, eventual silver medallist Christie states, and footage of the race shows, that Lewis "ran out of his lane... two or three times" during the race, which could have resulted in Lewis' disqualification had he impeded other competitors. The numerous athletes using performance-enhancing drugs at the time understood how long before a race, and possible drug test, they should stop using the drugs. Johnson has stated that André Jackson, a mutual friend of Johnson and Lewis, entered the drug testing area in Seoul to deposit stanozolol in the beer Johnson consumed to produce a urine sample.

The CBC radio documentary, Rewind, "Ben Johnson: A Hero Disgraced" broadcast on September 19, 2013, for the 25th anniversary of the race, stated 20 athletes tested positive for drugs but were cleared by the IOC at this 1988 Seoul Olympics, and an IOC official stated that endocrine profiles done at those games indicated that 80 percent of the track and field athletes tested showed evidence of long-term steroid use although not all were banned.

In addition, CBC Radio was told by its sources that NBC had threatened to withhold its second rights payment to the IOC due on completion of the 1988 Seoul Olympics games stating, "if these games collapse in scandal, we're out and that money's gone".

That three years statue of limitations these days sound so strange, when IOC strips changes results of 4, 8, and 12 years old competitions quite often these days.

The only rational thing to do is to stop giving a crap and just let athletes use all the drugs they want. 

Albeit I suppose if you're a self-proclaimed rational person and look at the costs of professional sports compared to the overall societal value it creates, the conclusion that ending up with a bunch of dead athletes is a net gain in utility may not be out of bounds.

Thats not really true, we already have popular sports with incredibly doped athletes that do not have to do any real drug tests. World strongest man, Europe's strongest man, Arnold Strongman championship, World Deadlift Championship to name a few. Those athletes don't die any more than athletes in other disciplines. The most successful athlete in this field has been doing this kind of sport for 25 years straight. He is 41 years now and is still active & among the three strongest people one earth. 

World deadlift championship: 

I'd like to see some real studies on life expectancy of Strongman competitors, but I know professional wrestlers are all dropping like flies after what they put their bodies through over the decades.  

Most of the strongmen and powerlifting competitors grow old. Legendary Bill Kazmaier for example is in his 60's now, he was 3 times world strongest man as far as I can remember and he has been competing for a looong time. Magnus Ver Magnusson is also in his 50's and he looks super healthy.  

Of course there are some sad exceptions as well, but its nowhere near wrestling level, mortality rate is pretty much on par with all the other high level athletes.  

I think the difference here is that the powerlifters and strongmen are true athletes, they try to live as healthily as possible and get the drug dosages right in order to be truly strong and competitive. If you drive yourself into the ground because you don't know what you're doing you're not going to win competitions and break records that require strength and athleticism. 

In contrast, wrestling is mainly show, I think those guys do all kinds of drugs without any kind of professional supervision just to get as big as possible, and many have been taking other drugs like cocaine and alcohol as well. Lithuanian Strongman Zydrunas Savickas, who is considered to be strongest man who has ever lived, only drinks a glass of wine every 3 months. 

Don't get me wrong, taking performance enhancing drugs in sport is cheating, its stupid and unhealthy and in a perfect world it would be banned. - but we have reached a point where it is completely inevitable. Anything other than embracing it and making it legal and fair for everyone is hypocrisy and political nonsense.

Bill Kazmaier, 3 times world strongest man winner in the 80's:

m-7819.jpg

And now: 

10584621_1687234608200601_2027419698_n.j

Edited by Woldan

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10834358

"The mortality during the 12-year follow-up was 12.9% for the powerlifters compared to 3.1% in the control population. By 1993 eight of 62 powerlifters and 34 of 1094 population controls had died, thus the risk of death among the powerlifters was 4.6 times higher (95% CI 2.04-10.45; p = 0.0002). The causes of premature death among the powerlifters were suicide (3), acute myocardial infarction (3), hepatic coma (1) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (1). These findings add to the growing amount of evidence of an association between anabolic steroid abuse and premature death, and support the view that measures to decrease AAS misuse among both competitive and amateur athletes are justified."

anecdotal evidence is swell and all, but...

HA! Good Fun! 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10834358

"The mortality during the 12-year follow-up was 12.9% for the powerlifters compared to 3.1% in the control population. By 1993 eight of 62 powerlifters and 34 of 1094 population controls had died, thus the risk of death among the powerlifters was 4.6 times higher (95% CI 2.04-10.45; p = 0.0002). The causes of premature death among the powerlifters were suicide (3), acute myocardial infarction (3), hepatic coma (1) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (1). These findings add to the growing amount of evidence of an association between anabolic steroid abuse and premature death, and support the view that measures to decrease AAS misuse among both competitive and amateur athletes are justified."

anecdotal evidence is swell and all, but...

HA! Good Fun! 

Thats nice and all, but this statistic compares the mortality rate of top level athletes with the normal population if I'm not mistaken? If thats so you missed the point completely. 

Thats nice and all, but this statistic compares the mortality rate of top level athletes with the normal population if I'm not mistaken? If thats so you missed the point completely. 

*chuckle*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They're adults. If they want to pwn themselves for our entertainment I wouldn't stop them. Let's see what horrible abominations the nations of the world can turn these people into.

Finally, mutant league football will become real. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Does anyone really need to know for sure? Good for a chuckle though when you hear commentators talk about stripping east german athletes of records for their 'obvious' doping. She never failed a doping test (her retirement was... unusual though) but then neither, technically, did Lance Armstrong.

And on the leaks themselves, it's always heart warming and inspiring how many top athletes overcome the odds of having severe asthma, ADHD and the like to achieve greatness in their chosen field.

I hope it was just down to FloJo being a mutant. Something cool about her being the outlier in the records. I think they have retested her samples even after her death but who knows.

It is nice to see asthmatics do well in sports. Nasty ailment in severe cases.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra