Dice rolls screwing up

Malcogent

Question

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but sometimes when I'm rolling dice as Merisiel I lose the challenge even though I rolled higher than the challenge rating. An enemy will have a 10, I'll roll a 12, and have to take 2 damage. Extremely frustrating. I've played the card game, I'm very fluent in the rules, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

9 answers to this question

I had a recent example where I defeated Rat Swarm by more than the required +4 and still took damage. So yes, I've seen it.

I guess the main questions are : (1) did the "Banished" animation happen for the Bane and (2) were you playing on Heroic or Legendary and being dealt damage by Wildcards

Edited by mccrispy
  • Like 1

As mccrispy said, there could be some conditions aside. But 2 damage if you beat him seems quite odd to us. It's a lot of damage, also if it was undefeated for any reason (no magic attribute, no fire attribute or something like that). Give us more info, like scenario, difficulty and if you can recognize the bane in the Gallery, the monster you defeated.

If we still are getting this type of issue with the last patch in game logic.... there isn't any piece of code safe... how sad it would be...

Having the same issue and it's really frustrating. Dice already hate me and now the game's math is ganging up.

I'm on iOS, Poison Pill is the adventure I believe. I noticed it before and thought maybe I was missing an effect. Now I'm certain it's a very bad bug. The latest example is the rogue rolled an eleven against a Goblin Commando (9). She had used her power to discard and gain dice plus I had a short sword. 11 I think, YEAH got 'em!! Then he doesn't go away but hits me, Discard 3. So I spent the last five minutes of my life making an account and typing this message and now I'm kind of sad that I'm not even at the mercy of the dice but the game's own random math.

• Like 1

Omg. I am such a dope. It WAS me screwing up. I'm used to the physical card game so I was looking at the number on the card not in the drop down in the middle so I wasn't noticing the numbers increasing from different effects. Feel free to close this thread. :face palm:

R3dsh1ft, double check your rolling against the number you think you are. I was having a similar problem and didn't realize that it's not always the number on the card, but the number on that drop down in the middle that you roll against. I also failed to realize that certain weapons and items can increase the difficulty if the character using it isn't proficient. I had Meririel using a Longsword that was adding 4 to the difficulty of the roll cause she wasn't proficient with it. It was right there on the card and I was just skimming the text so I missed it. You may know all this already but just in case, fyi. Good luck!

• Like 1

R3dsh1ft, double check your rolling against the number you think you are. I was having a similar problem and didn't realize that it's not always the number on the card, but the number on that drop down in the middle that you roll against. I also failed to realize that certain weapons and items can increase the difficulty if the character using it isn't proficient. I had Meririel using a Longsword that was adding 4 to the difficulty of the roll cause she wasn't proficient with it. It was right there on the card and I was just skimming the text so I missed it. You may know all this already but just in case, fyi. Good luck!

If you check the "active powers"panel on the left before you Roll, it gives you a breakdown of the effects that modify the value on the card (not all of them unfortunately, but the most significant ones)