Locked-up. Cannot Choose card from Discard

Morka

Question

I'm currently unable to take any next moves in an ongoing Story mode adventure.  I'm trying to finish the last adventure in Hook Mountain, and played an ability (I'm sorry I can't remember which one) that allows a hero to restore an item from their discard.  I'm now stuck with the screen attached.  The only viable item is the Orb of Firestorm which I cannot drag out of the discard frame.

The other buttons (settings, vault, deck, etc) are all unresponsive.  I can drag the discard list left and right, and highlight an individual card but not drag any of them out.  

In short, I'm unable to do anything, and don't have any online backups other than this stuck-state.

This is occurring on a Galaxy Tab S2 with all current patches (both device and game), running Android 6.0.1.  To debug I've fully shut down the app, cleared data cached on the device itself, and clean-loaded the app.   The problem has persisted now for three days.

Right now I'm unable to move the game forward, and would have to start over from the beginning.  Please let me know any way I can get this resolved.  

post-163643-0-18989900-1473728913_thumb.jpg

13 answers to this question

Make a copy of your game data with the permanent crash. send an email to support@obsidian.net with it attached or upload it in any cloud and give to devs the link here.

After that dismiss the party in Story (just click the X button in the parties list, you don't lose the characters), then create a new party with the same experienced characters and replay that scenario to complete AD3 mate

Thanks to everyone for their help on this!  I've submitted save for support, created backups, and was able to create a new party.  I've never dug around in Android files like I used to for Windows games, but I'm seeing some potential here!

Mainly I'm just happy to have my game back.   

I have this problem too. iPhone 5c. Just started playing this app a few days ago.

I got stuck with the broken discard during Bandits quest. Restarted quest and send time through got hung up the same way.

If I can provide any other info let me know.

I also am having this problem. Game is unplayable. Once I close the wooden bridge, if I accidently choose to refresh a card from my discharge pile, it then goes to the next player with no ability to do anything, If I try to reload the game, I cannot unchoose that action (the X button does not work). I am playing on an iPad.

Making a backup of my save files and then rebuilding my party as RedPred suggested worked for me. The only loss I had was some of my adventures no longer show as completed on Expert.

Aarik, Should I open another thread for not getting my Google Play Games credit for Skinsaw? It's showing my xp (in Play) for Hook Mountain.

Try a couple of things. Drag the card to the discard pile.  Drag the card directly to your hand.  To bury a card there's a small invisible spot just to the right of the discard stack you can drag an unwanted card onto.  Wonky, but I finally was able to advance my game.