Confused by a couple of things

Hi, I'm playing on Android. I've completed the first few scenarios, bought the Rise of the Runelords bundle and am pretty stuck (and a little confused) quite early on. I've bought about 20 treasure chests and as far as I understand it those new cards are available to be found during adventuring. I've seen a couple of them while adventuring, but do I need to successfully acquire a boon for it to be available for later selection or do I just need to encounter it?

Also, I'm currently at Approach to Thistletop and have completed the previous few scenarios at various levels of difficulty. When I'm tinkering with my party before a scenario I don't seem to have any extra cards to choose from. There are just enough items, weapons, spells etc to full fill each characters allocation but no more. Should I have a larger card pool to choose from by now? Selecting the show all button at the bottom of the screen just seems to show all the party's currently allocated boons, rather than the entire card pool available. I'm leftb unsure as to whether the "show all" button is working as intended.

Cheers for any help.

Every time you acquire a boon, you can use it in the current scenario. Then in the post-scenario you can setup your decks switching old and new cards you have.

The decks dimension and the number of cards for each type is defined by the base stats of your char + powers/card feet you choose to add.

In this version of the game you can't pre-adjust your decks before a scenario with previous AD base decks (except in the first scenario where you can get B+C cards before to start playing), so you have to collect cards you need during explorations and switch them with some old card in the post-scenario setup.

Normally we use 'Show all' button to verify that some good cards are not discarded by mistake.

I hope this can help you. GL mate

Cheers for the reply RedPred. I think I've been a wee bit confused by the campaign element of the gameplay. I think I'd imagined a growing pool of cards to build my deck with (with restrictions) before embarking upon each scenario, however if I now understand things correctly, it's more that the characters lose access to certain old cards as they acquire and choose new ones gained at the end of each scenario.

It's quite a tough game, I'm still struggling to get past Approach to Thistlestop!

Cheers for the reply RedPred. I think I've been a wee bit confused by the campaign element of the gameplay. I think I'd imagined a growing pool of cards to build my deck with (with restrictions) before embarking upon each scenario, however if I now understand things correctly, it's more that the characters lose access to certain old cards as they acquire and choose new ones gained at the end of each scenario.

It's quite a tough game, I'm still struggling to get past Approach to Thistlestop!

The deck buidling aspect of this game is just there to simulate the development and progress of a char, you dont have direct and unrestricted access to it, so no, its not a traditional deck building game.

You gain access to the cards you FOUND AND ACQUIRED during each scenario, and at the end of the scenario you get to remake your chars decks from your current char decks cards PLUS those new cards you acquired; however, any card you dont add (or remove) to the chars deck is lost (until you acquire it again, that is).

I recommend you look into the How to Play the boardgame video elsewhere in these boards for more tips.

As for the chest cards (treasure cards), they are extra nice cards that are added to the pool of cards from each location deck is built, and may then appear in game.