Please let me buy some dice.

I really like that when one character assists another the dice skins reflect each character.  In order to make this really work, though, I'd like each character to have its own dice skin.  Unfortunately you only start with two dice colors and I usually use a party of 4.

I realize that you need to balance the gold and treasure stuff as a way to get the FTP portion of your customer base to spend some money.  Randomness of the treasure chests is probably a big part of this.

However, I purchased the Runelords pack because I prefer to pay up front for the whole game rather than grind or constantly purchase gold.  I really appreciated that PACG gave me this option (and it is why I spent $30 instead of $0 on the game).  It would be great if there was something similar for dice.  Even if you want to keep all of the legendary dice as treasure-chest-only, a pack of 1 set each of 4 different common dice would be perfect.  The FTP crowd can still grind or buy gold for the treasure chests and get rewarded with the cooler dice skins, but those of us that just want to pay up front and play the game could assign a unique dice skin to each character in the party.

Dave

Or a separate part in the shop where you can buy with real money any item that is available. Obsidian Magic shop or something like that. You could buy any item, any card any dice available. If the price is so that you can either buy one spesific item or Lets say 4 treasure chest with same amounth of money, there could be plase to both options. That would mean 16 random item vs one that you really like to get.

Different options to different peoples. I would like that!

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

A bag of Mystery Dice would be really nice, even if it was limited to one per account.  It is the sort of perk that could add a little more value to anyone who got the season pass.

You could buy any item, any card any dice available. If the price is so that you can either buy one spesific item or Lets say 4 treasure chest with same amounth of money, there could be plase to both options. That would mean 16 random item vs one that you really like to get.

I like it.  Treasure chests can easily be the game's "premium" currency.  It can be an alternate way to complete collections while still not making it too easy/cheap.

1 chest = 4 random cards

2 chests = 1 specific uncommon

3 chests = 1 specific rare

4 chests = 1 specific epic

5 chests = 1 specific legendary

I really like that when one character assists another the dice skins reflect each character.  In order to make this really work, though, I'd like each character to have its own dice skin.  Unfortunately you only start with two dice colors and I usually use a party of 4.

I realize that you need to balance the gold and treasure stuff as a way to get the FTP portion of your customer base to spend some money.  Randomness of the treasure chests is probably a big part of this.

However, I purchased the Runelords pack because I prefer to pay up front for the whole game rather than grind or constantly purchase gold.  I really appreciated that PACG gave me this option (and it is why I spent $30 instead of $0 on the game).  It would be great if there was something similar for dice.  Even if you want to keep all of the legendary dice as treasure-chest-only, a pack of 1 set each of 4 different common dice would be perfect.  The FTP crowd can still grind or buy gold for the treasure chests and get rewarded with the cooler dice skins, but those of us that just want to pay up front and play the game could assign a unique dice skin to each character in the party.

Dave

If you buy a 5000Gold back  (sufficient for 10 Chests) -this is pretty much equivalent to what you're asking for (at current drop rates); you'll even score some treasure cards.

OTOH, at this point it looks like the devs will pretty much be lynched if they get on such requests, instead of delivering AD4...

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Yep, They would... But in the long run it would not hurt to have pick and chose option. But this is not in the short list, not even in semi long list of things that devs Are planning to implement in the future.

But maybe for the very long list for the things that may be considered. Some people want to be surprices, some people know exacly what They want. But bug hunting and some ad:s Are coming before we can dream on some other enhancements. But people have to dream, so that They can live!

Dave

If you buy a 5000Gold back  (sufficient for 10 Chests) -this is pretty much equivalent to what you're asking for (at current drop rates); you'll even score some treasure cards.

OTOH, at this point it looks like the devs will pretty much be lynched if they get on such requests, instead of delivering AD4...

Is it equivalent?  I really have no idea about the current drop rate because I have opened 4 chests and received 0 dice.  I read somewhere that dice would show up about half the time.  If that's really true, then I've just been unlucky.  Or maybe the drop rate is considerably lower.  I'd hate to buy 5000 gold, open 10 chests, and wind up with only one set of dice.  OTOH, if there was a way to spend the same amount of money and be guaranteed to wind up with 4 more sets of dice, I'd spend the money in an instant.

Perhaps this is a short-lived problem and that after another couple weeks of playing the game I'll accumulate enough dice.  But I the general point remains.  The Runelords bundle was perfectly aimed at customers who want to pay up front for a known chunk of content.  As the devs add extras to the game they can probably make more money from that market segment by providing predictable ways of purchasing those extras.  For example, if they invented some new locations/villains/whatever that would be available in quest mode then I'd be very likely to purchase that outright.  But I wouldn't want to sink money into random treasure chests that may or may not have that new quest content.

I also agree with the comments above about AD4 being more important.  Heck, that's probably part of the reason that treasure chests rub me the wrong way... half the cards are useless at the moment.

I would love the option of buying some chests just with dice. I am at the point where most chests are just disappointing since I have most of the non-legendary cards. Rare to get anything I don't sell back except dice. So a chest just with dice would definitely be worth getting.

I would love the option of buying some chests just with dice. I am at the point where most chests are just disappointing since I have most of the non-legendary cards. Rare to get anything I don't sell back except dice. So a chest just with dice would definitely be worth getting.

For a while, then you ll have the same situation with the dice too. A lot of duplicates of low rank. But it could be clearly a booster, so probably paid with money, not gold.

I really have no idea about the current drop rate because I have opened 4 chests and received 0 dice.  I read somewhere that dice would show up about half the time.  If that's really true, then I've just been unlucky.  Or maybe the drop rate is considerably lower.  I'd hate to buy 5000 gold, open 10 chests, and wind up with only one set of dice.

Drop rate is closer to one in four.  For every 10 chests opened, expect an average of 2.5 dice skins.  Getting zero after opening four treasure chests isn't too abnormal.

The "about half" claim came about when the dice skins were first added to the game.  Since then adjustments were probably made.  I only have recent data to back me up; I can't say for sure how things were behaving a month or two ago.