olssonr

Question

Pathfinder 1.1.3

Device Ipad mini 4

iOS 9.3.5

PFID 79536E964632120D

Story mode

Permadeath

I played a scenario with only Seoni in the party and she died. This was on the version before 1.1.3. After she died I managed to get a new Seoni without any abilities and somehow I got into the manage deck screen and could scavenge the older characters cards. I then played a scenario with the new character.

The other day I played another scenario with Seoni on 1.1.3. After the scenario I went into the manage party screen and saw that she is faded and has a skull and a lock on her round character marker (the lock covers the skull). I can not remove her from the part by dragging and I can not click on her and delete her. I can not drag in a new Seoni, cause she is locked. I can however keep playing with the new Seoni. Not sure what will happened if I remove the "save game" she is in, have not tried. She shows up as a living character in the "save game" menu.

Edited by olssonr

9 answers to this question

They said we could with their last breath!  :biggrin:

olssonr .. if you have problem with that party in Story mode, dismiss it and make a new one with your new crew (you won't lose characters removing party)

Can you explain what you mean by "dismiss"? I can't figure out what that would mean apart from deleting the party on the Story Mode screen - would that delete progress (either adventures completed and/or difficulty tiers completed) when I start the new party?

olssonr .. if you have problem with that party in Story mode, dismiss it and make a new one with your new crew (you won't lose characters removing party)

Can you explain what you mean by "dismiss"? I can't figure out what that would mean apart from deleting the party on the Story Mode screen - would that delete progress (either adventures completed and/or difficulty tiers completed) when I start the new party?

No mate, doesn't work in that way. Progress is the 'sum' of your characters completed scenarios in Story mode. And you never lose characters dismissing the party. Think the party as a temporary group of characters. To remove the party tab on Story in the main screen. And you will see the list of your current active parties. There is a X button on the top of each to remove that party. You don't lose the characters, only their group. Then you can create a new party from the same screen and then select exactly your previous characters.

In general you can add or remove characters from a party without problems. Then if you remove an experienced character, the party could not to access some scenarios if he was the only character that could access them. Because every char have is own completed scenario sheet (check it to know if new chars you added miss something).

So if your progress is stuck in Story, you can remove the party (with the memory of the last scenario in progress) and simply rebuilt an other one with the same characters to start that scenario again from the beginning from the difficulty selection screen.

PS wonderful avatar :)

No mate, doesn't work in that way. Progress is the 'sum' of your characters completed scenarios in Story mode. And you never lose characters dismissing the party. Think the party as a temporary group of characters. To remove the party tab on Story in the main screen. And you will see the list of your current active parties. There is a X button on the top of each to remove that party. You don't lose the characters, only their group. Then you can create a new party from the same screen and then select exactly your previous characters.

In general you can add or remove characters from a party without problems. Then if you remove an experienced character, the party could not to access some scenarios if he was the only character that could access them. Because every char have is own completed scenario sheet (check it to know if new chars you added miss something).

So if your progress is stuck in Story, you can remove the party (with the memory of the last scenario in progress) and simply rebuilt an other one with the same characters to start that scenario again from the beginning from the difficulty selection screen.

Thanks for explaining this. I was afraid I would lose progress. I started a new story and I was very happy to learn that I did not have to redo all the quests with my characters.

However, I noticed that if you swap all characters to new characters in a story, you still have access to all scenarios in any order. This suggests that you might be able to complete the hook mountain scenario to get a role early and go back and put power feats on the role card instead of just the basic powers. Haven't tried it yet though.

Thanks for explaining this. I was afraid I would lose progress. I started a new story and I was very happy to learn that I did not have to redo all the quests with my characters.

However, I noticed that if you swap all characters to new characters in a story, you still have access to all scenarios in any order. This suggests that you might be able to complete the hook mountain scenario to get a role early and go back and put power feats on the role card instead of just the basic powers. Haven't tried it yet though.

I noticed this too. I am looking into it as soon as I can get the relevant character back through the adventure path.

Just confirmed that you *can* complete Hook Mountain Massacre before completing other paths and get the role card. Need to next see if I can take power feats that are exclusive the the role when I complete the other scenarios that give them.

Just confirmed that you *can* complete Hook Mountain Massacre before completing other paths and get the role card. Need to next see if I can take power feats that are exclusive the the role when I complete the other scenarios that give them.

It works. Got my role card, went back and completed Trouble in Sandpoint, and got a power feat associated with the role card.