Releasing AD4,5,6 is more important than bug fixes

@ stevozip

No mate. QA is an internal process with a senior software engineer inside a production process that exists to avoid bugs come out normally in the product and auto-evolves to avoid bugs come out at all. Here bugs are normality. QA apparently doesn't exist.. and yea, I develop sw too..

Edited by RedPred

Content is important, and I feel for those that have bough the season pass / bundle - however, as a mostly F2P gamer I've bought the whole physical set (inc class deck and all adv decks) for Skulls & Shackles - due to getting into Pathfinder Adventures. Now that's saying something about how much I enjoy the digital game - I would gladly pay for it, but as I don't really need to I'm not likely to. I enjoy the grind for some reason...

I'm not worried about the future of the game - getting it on phones quadruples the potential player base, if not more - however impatient I am myself, and annoyed with the new ui issues.

Getting support for multiplayer - and having it on steam (esp if there's cross platform support for accounts), would be an even bigger playerbase boost I believe.

Let's avoid all this doom and gloom, and remember we're posting here because we enjoy the game enough to care to do so!

Edited by Pengw1n
  • Like 1

You know I would be fine with waiting for more content except for one thing - Obsidian promised regular content. They promised monthly AD releases. Then they broke that promise citing unforeseen bugs. They said 1 month more by end of July. Promise broken again due to wtf moments. 'Believe us when we say August'. Crickets chirping and tumbleweeds rolling. Still NOTHING except for different coloured dice, less use of in-game currency and more bugs.

Bottom line is Obsidian LIED and some of you guys are fine with believing the same lie over and over again.

• Like 1

Yes that is unbelievable. AD4 from May to October(?)... for 4 new locations and some new boons and bane (just explored gallery/adventures).. and AD6 when?

In meantime new dices (and relative bugs), new UI (and relative bugs), new feature Daily challenges (and relative bugs)...

They are working for sure... but not as expected. Content is the last thing, also debugging. There are more bugs report for month than fixes released. I'm still reading some of you posting 10 issue reports per day... Technical Support section has 3 times the threads of other 3 sections together!! When is planned the debugging? 2020? And why QA does miss so many bugs before release new codes?

I don't know guys, I really like the table top game I discovered with this app but, after so many months, I m looking around for a better quality and reliable companies.. I'm spending more time on the forum than on the game... arrived to saturation

I totally agree with all the concerns and gripes. I'm super impatient for the next AD as well.

However, I'm starting to think I see the logic in getting the phone interface working now, from Obs AND Paizo perspectives. I'm guessing most of us coming over from the card game (I'll call us the hardcore) threw down $25----no problem. I'm guessing many of us play primarily on tablets, etc.

However, my guess is that Obs and Paizo really wanted to get into the phone market to pick up new users who have never played Pathfinder or the card game. You know, the people who don't play much but that Obs can make a few bucks off of. To do this, the game has gotta work on as many phone platforms as possible. Anyway, if this makes Obs more money (and gets Paizo more exposure), that might be good for the long term prospects for the game (and that would be good for the hardcore).

Plus, here is one more way to look at it, coming from the card game. For the same content that I received so on Pathfinder Adventures, I paid $100 for the physical card game equivalent. Still a good deal.....and will be a great deal if Obs kicks out AD4 as soon as possible!!!

I understand the logic of going after the phone market.  

But wouldn't it be better to present the phone market with a fully fleshed adventure that can be purchased right off the bat?  As of now, they are still presenting the market with an incomplete implementation of a card game that has been out for years.

Plus, it can't be that hard to make AD4+ can it?  The system is already in place.  Maybe they are overhauling the system to make it robust to future expansion, and that's what's taking so long...

I totally agree with all the concerns and gripes. I'm super impatient for the next AD as well.

However, I'm starting to think I see the logic in getting the phone interface working now, from Obs AND Paizo perspectives. I'm guessing most of us coming over from the card game (I'll call us the hardcore) threw down $25----no problem. I'm guessing many of us play primarily on tablets, etc.

However, my guess is that Obs and Paizo really wanted to get into the phone market to pick up new users who have never played Pathfinder or the card game. You know, the people who don't play much but that Obs can make a few bucks off of. To do this, the game has gotta work on as many phone platforms as possible. Anyway, if this makes Obs more money (and gets Paizo more exposure), that might be good for the long term prospects for the game (and that would be good for the hardcore).

Plus, here is one more way to look at it, coming from the card game. For the same content that I received so on Pathfinder Adventures, I paid $100 for the physical card game equivalent. Still a good deal.....and will be a great deal if Obs kicks out AD4 as soon as possible!!!

I understand the logic of going after the phone market.  

But wouldn't it be better to present the phone market with a fully fleshed adventure that can be purchased right off the bat?  As of now, they are still presenting the market with an incomplete implementation of a card game that has been out for years.

Plus, it can't be that hard to make AD4+ can it?  The system is already in place.  Maybe they are overhauling the system to make it robust to future expansion, and that's what's taking so long...

The system HAS already been overhauled. The whole game definitely runs smoother than the first few versions. That's a good thing.

HOWEVER, that was in July. They said this overhaul was needed and that ADs 4 - 6 would be released much faster now that the overhaul has been made. Still nothing though. I'm pretty sure Obsidian has made an executive decision to put ADs 4 - 6 in the back-bench for the time being. Why? Because the phone market have not been waiting 4 months for more content! To hell with tablet users - we were just the guinea pigs doing the beta-testing for them.