Different versions of characters

Trying to get a grip on how this works...  How many versions of the same character can I have at the same time?  I have one Merisiel and one Kyra playing the first adventure, and a different pair of them doing quest mode. 

Can I start a new story game with a brand new Kyra playing solo, and have a third version?  If so, can I earn gold for finishing scenarios that I already completed with the first M&K party?

If I buy Valeros and play a few solo scenarios with him, and then decide I want a Valeros on my M&K team, do I have the choice of adding a fresh copy or the slightly experienced one?

I'd be interested in how experienced players' games look after a lot of play...  What order did you do things in, and how did you manage your characters over time?  And what did you invest in as far as gold/real $$$?

thx

Really confused now...  There are 9 characters for sale in the store, plus Merisiel and Kyra makes 11.  How does that get to be 24?

My initial thought was that you could have one version of each character for story mode and one for quest mode, and however you rearranged the party, you'd have those versions.  Which would make 24 total if there were 12 characters.  But the ability to add fresh versions confuses things.  You can have, say, a brand new Kyra as well as a Kyra who's gotten a few feats?  What's the limit?

And could you play one scenario with new Kyra and experienced Merisiel, and then play the next scenario with experienced Kyra and experienced Merisiel?  If so, what marks a scenario as "done" for purposes of getting gold/loot for completing it?  If I play through to the end of adventure 1 with Merisiel and Kyra, and then buy the add-on deck and play through the adventure again with Lini and Seelah, do I get the same rewards?  What if I play it through again with Lini and experienced Kyra?

24 available slots for instances of your characters. 24 for Story and 24 for Quest. In your party you can have new and experienced characters. But not twice the same char or chars from other party (more or less). Every char has his completed scenarios sheet and get reward/feat only once for scenario or adventure.  :disguise:

• Like 1

After playing a few scenarios, it seems that a new character who goes with experienced adventurers into a scenario he hasn't advanced to yet does not get a feat award.  So if Kyra and Merisiel finish adventure #1 and then pick up new Sajan, and play through the final Thistletop scenario successfully:  You will get no gold because you already got gold for the scenario; Kyra and Merisiel will not get a card feat because they already got it, and Sajan will not get a card feat because he hasn't completed the earlier scenarios.  Right?

None of this is obvious or explained anywhere I looked, so I had to actually play through the scenario to figure it out.  Am I missing a resource that does?  I would also like to find an explanation of how the XP rewards work.  I did get some the first time I finished the first adventure, but I had thought they were only in Quest mode.

thanks

No mate, doesn't work in that way. For the gold on replay I can't assure what new patch does, but I bought all my chars just playing normal from AD0 to AD3 with all new ones. So the 0 gold at the end of normal story scenario is just a glitch in my opinion and you should see a change in your gold count of about 100-150 for each scenario you play.

For the card feat you need complete all the adventure (not just the last scenario)

After that each character has his own completed scenario list (party is just a temporary grouping) that you can find in their statistics sheets. Then every char gets reward when he complete the first time a specific scenario or adventure (set of scenarios, like AD1, AD2,...)

For the XP in Quest mode, a char gains some xp doing specific actions playing the scenario, and leveling up give specific reward you can read in the Quest statistics sheets. Also in Quest you can regroup old and new chars as you like.

No mate, doesn't work in that way. For the gold on replay I can't assure what new patch does, but I bought all my chars just playing normal from AD0 to AD3 with all new ones. So the 0 gold at the end of normal story scenario is just a glitch in my opinion and you should see a change in your gold count of about 100-150 for each scenario you play.

For the card feat you need complete all the adventure (not just the last scenario)

After that each character has his own completed scenario list (party is just a temporary grouping) that you can find in their statistics sheets. Then every char gets reward when he complete the first time a specific scenario or adventure (set of scenarios, like AD1, AD2,...)

For the XP in Quest mode, a char gains some xp doing specific actions playing the scenario, and leveling up give specific reward you can read in the Quest statistics sheets. Also in Quest you can regroup old and new chars as you like.

OK thanks, that makes sense.  To answer my own question, the XP I thought I was getting at the end of Thistletop Delve was actually a Google Play award, so not germane to Pathfinder.

So one more question:  Can you take a character through a bunch of Quests, get XP and the corresponding feats, and then start them on the Story as a much more powerful character?  (I am coming to this game as a long-time player of the physical card game, so my expectation is that characters going through an adventure for the first time will generally be at the same power level, i.e., after finishing Attack on Sandpoint, they will only have one skill feat.)  If this is the case, I don't see a point to running more than two copies of a character (one for each Role)...

For the Story mode you can replay every scenario you have unlocked and you can choose your favorite combination of new/experienced chars. Only new ones can gain feats/rewards then. I always leveled up my new added chars in a party with full experienced ones (until the current AD3 at least) to be faster. Also a new char can play advanced scenarios if any char in the party already unlocked it. That could answer you next question :)

For the Quest mode the higher char in your party determine the Tier of the casual scenario you are going to play. If any char is lvl 10+ you ll play Tier 1 (Tier1 is mostly like AD1), if anyone is lvl 20+ Tier 2, and so on.

Edited by RedPred

I wish this were true.  But I just finished Local Heroes with a party of characters who had never completed it before (although another party had), and I got 0 gold.  There was a message that flashed before the '0 gold' dropped; I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was along the lines of "scenario already completed".

Which kind of sucks, because you have to do those levels over and over to qualify new characters for adventure-completion feats, and one of the things that's nice about the micro-rewards for killing monsters is, even though it's a tiny amount, it still feels like progress.

If you completed the scenario with different instances of characters that already completed it ... perhaps it doesn't trigger the reward (a new Merisel if Merisel already completed it)... 

Otherwise it is really a bug or devs removed every possibility to get gold reward replaying Normal and Heroic difficulty (in that case I could be the last lucky guy that got it...). I hope not, because the info frame in the scenario selection become trash for Normal/Heroic in that way (they added it one month ago).

I haven't read any statements from the devs in 3 months about this question of gold for replays below legendary... so this is discouraging...

I can only suggest you a strategy to move your actual party forward legendary, but I have to ask you some info before

We will likely raise that character cap in the future. Right now there are 24 unique characters in Story Mode and 24 in Quest Mode. My hope is to eventually revise the "Save/Load" style screen with a party and character management style screen since the game is a lot more flexible with parties than the UI indicates.

• Like 1

We will likely raise that character cap in the future. Right now there are 24 unique characters in Story Mode and 24 in Quest Mode. My hope is to eventually revise the "Save/Load" style screen with a party and character management style screen since the game is a lot more flexible with parties than the UI indicates.

Any chance of raising the Party limit too? I've played many parties in the card game, so the only challenge for me in the app is attempting solo-hero runs (which were always too cumbersome and time-consuming in physicl world) . With 11 heroes, 9 Party slots are just not enough .

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

Is there the possibility to remove limitation of 1 party at a time for every char instance? That is a limitation that create a lot of issues around the interface too.

You could think at Merisel that works with Kyra in the morning..

.. then she works with Seoni and Lini in the afternoon..

.. then Meri works with Seoni and Amiri and Ezrel in the evening..

.. than she goes to bed because it was a long day of work!

After running through a lot of scenarios, I have a few observations.

It seems that my idea of advancing a character through quests and then heading into the story super-buffed won't work.  I do not see a way to move characters from one mode to the other.  I bought Seelah and ran her through one quest scenario to get different cards, then went to story mode and was unable to add that version of her to a party.  Likewise, my experienced story mode Kyra and Merisiel aren't available for quest parties.  Maybe this is obvious to people who've been playing for a while, but I never saw it explained anywhere.

I don't see the point of having multiple parties.  I do not want to keep track of, or have to spend time advancing, multiple versions of the same character.  I'm already having the experience of playing a character in quest mode and realizing that they don't have that cool weapon I was expecting from story mode; I don't need that within story mode.  It seems like creating a new party inevitably results in spinoffs like "Kyra 1" and after painstakingly shuffling the party and deleting those duplicates, I decided to just have one party and move characters in and out as needed.

Story and Quest characters are separated mate. 24 chars one and other 24 chars the other at max. Story and Quest collect differently cards, rewards, powers and abilities.

Multiple parties just help us to easily progress with different group of characters. Some players have a primary full party and a secondary party with the left 5 characters for example.