[1.1.3] progression block - Nettlemaze "at location" power spawned Attic Whisperer ?

Hestiansun

Question

Story mode, Lem kicked off the goblin raid barrier. Using the Nettlemaze location power Lini tried to evade the goblin raider spawned from it instead of fight (incentivized due to current daily challenge). Instead of the wis/per check to evade the goblin, now an Attic Whisperer has appeared in the Woods in front of Lem, and nothing will advance. There is the typical "blue arrow" on the right under Lem but no one else. It will not let me combat the whisperer, which shouldn't even be there at all. Or roll to do the check before. I don't know where it even came from.

FYI, I'm using an iPad Mini which works mostly fine, and an iPhone 5S (the iPhone crashes less often so I play on that one more). I tried logging in on both devices and both are blocked. Killed the app and restarted, same deal.

Any advice? I'm nearly done with the scenario and don't want to have to forfeit it due to the glitch.

11 answers to this question

Hey Hestiansun,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for joining us. I'll have the bug investigated and see whats going on. Could you please post your PFID# (located in settings menu) so we can take a look at your save? 

Thanks a bunch!

Thanks for the quick response! My PFID# is 2BDD9325B175DF2E.

Once the Devs have grabbed your data (and I don't think they'll tell you that they have) you should be able to progress your game by using one of three methods, presented here in increasing order of drastic-ness.

1. Vault round-trip (hit the settings button, hit the Vault button, hit the Back button when you're in Vault)
  2. Kill the App (this may, or may not work/be possible on IOS, I'm on Android)
  3. Forfeit the Scenario (hit settings, hit forfeit) - you'll miss out on any gold bonus, but will at least keep any Boons

I generally find that a Vault R-T solves most of my WTF issues related to progression, but sometimes I have to be a little more aggressive before finally giving up (hence the drastic-ness progression rating :geek: )

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a day or so, but yeah that's more or less what I tried. I haven't done those specific steps of the vault round trip, but one of the first things I did was kill the app. I also tried using multiple devices in case it was a weird interface thing (like how now sometimes the middle card of a hand lingers in many screens on the iPhone) but that didn't do it. The only correlation I can think of is that the location power lets you evade a monster while making a check, and that PARTICULAR monster has the same (or similar?) check before you combat it. But that was not the monster I was due to fight, so the only way I see that is if for some reason the logic to perform the check to succeed at the location power inadvertently summoned the monster with the same check because of a bad call.

Hi, any update on this? My game has been unplayable for several days (not including weekends). I see there are tons of other issues people are running into, and i'm starting to think this game still isn't ready to charge a whopping $25. I'm still within my Apple Refund period, and I don't know that I want to spend $25 on a game that through no fault of my own I may have to repeatedly let sit idle so you can guys can see what bugs I've discovered and then give up" on progress since it seems in reality we're all still kind of beta-testing it for you all.

The game is "a little rough around the edges" for sure - and it's not a rare event to have to Forfeit a game because of a "progression block". I've been in your situation many times with this game, particularly with builds before 1.1.3 In those builds Legendary mode was so buggy that I had to play in a manner that took into account those bugs to avoid major frustration, I also had to plan my games so that I didn't miss out on gaining important Feats through a particularly serious bug. But I think that we've passed some kind of watershed with 1.1.3: the bugs now seem to be mainly minor - occasionally as annoying as heck, but minor. It may be that I've got used to the nature of the bugs and have built up a suite of workarounds, it may even be that I've become accustomed to the buggy nature of the App, but in spite of it all the gameplay keeps me coming back, even when I rage-quit and give myself a day's "cool off" and maybe even rage-post here.

Should all this be necessary? Should the App be of significantly better quality when folk are paying proper money? Should the APs already be available when folks have paid up front for them? Yes to all the above! Personally I hope that OBS sort out the quality issues and re-focus on important game features rather than frippery/chrome. They clearly need help from the community of enthusiasts (and in its current state that's what it really is: a game for enthusiasts), which is why I continue to log every new issue that I find - to the extent that I logged nearly a dozen issues in my first two plays after 1.1.3 released.

to;dr stick with it, it has made significant improvements recently and it will get better with the input from a community of enthusiasts.

Well I don't know if you can still get it; after all this time I gave up and forfeited that scenario and restarted. Sorry if doing that makes it hard for you guys to figure it out -- I just hadn't gotten any confirmation that you were looking at it and didn't want to hold myself back on it anymore.

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a day or so, but yeah that's more or less what I tried. I haven't done those specific steps of the vault round trip, but one of the first things I did was kill the app. I also tried using multiple devices in case it was a weird interface thing (like how now sometimes the middle card of a hand lingers in many screens on the iPhone) but that didn't do it. The only correlation I can think of is that the location power lets you evade a monster while making a check, and that PARTICULAR monster has the same (or similar?) check before you combat it. But that was not the monster I was due to fight, so the only way I see that is if for some reason the logic to perform the check to succeed at the location power inadvertently summoned the monster with the same check because of a bad call.

You said you are using apple products but can you get to your save file? Since the dev said they are tearing apart your save file above they were able to access it. I have a work around if you are able to edit your save files.

You said you are using apple products but can you get to your save file? Since the dev said they are tearing apart your save file above they were able to access it. I have a work around if you are able to edit your save files.

Sadly, unless you have a jailbroken apple device, it has been notoriously difficult to get at save files since iOS 8.  You need to do a full backup, extract the target files, edit, reinject, and then do a complete restore.  Things are a complete pain in the butt unless developers flip a specific switch to allow direct access to game saves.

We can actually access your saves via the cloud with your PFID#'s and look at them that way. But if you every load up the game and start playing before we can grab the save or delete it, we would be out of luck. Its just a lot easier when you guys send us the save virtually. Which can be easily done for Android users.