Favor of the Gods does not allow for playing another blessing

stevozip

Question

The wording says "Discard this card to add 1 die to any check. You may play another blessing on this check."  Attempting to help Harsk acquire a Flask of Shock while at Turtleback Ferry, Sajan discarded his Favor of the Gods and would have liked to discard his Blessing of Gorum but was not able to do so.

Playing on Huawei Nexus 6P, Android 6.0.1, scenario is Here Comes the Flood legendary with Impending Doom and Driving Rain wildcards.  My PFID is F75AADCF9BD598C9.

http://imgur.com/XtZbYvz

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Was the Favor of the gods duplicating the effect of another blessing (the one on top of the blessings discard)?

If so, this might be why it wouldn't trigger an extra allowed blessing.

If that is the intent with the Favor, then there should be some way to pick if you are duplicating the blessings discard or not. If you should be able to duplicate and play another Blessing as well, then we definitely have a bug.

Edited by Kiirnodel

No they wouldn't! If you don't ​use the cloning ability, you can play a second Blessing. If you do, you can't. The structure of the text specifically associates the "you may play another Blessing" with the roll of a single die. It is not a separate clause and it is not associated with the "you may copy the top card of the Blessings deck". So my reading is that you either copy the top card of the Blessings deck, or you get to play a second Blessing. It makes it perhaps the weakest of the Favours.

Edited by mccrispy
  • Like 2

I have now experienced this bug myself! I had an FotG, played it (the top Blessing was a Saranae and it was a Combat Check, so there was no confusion about what "Discard" meant), a single die was added to my check, but then the highlighting for all my other Blessings was switched off and I couldn't play any further Blessings from that character - though other characters could still contribute Blessings.

Definitely a Bug.

And now with added screen shot
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hiishthtx9epf3c/AAB7R1UJ0-viHkZ5N9ZU_pvRa?dl=0

Edited by mccrispy