Absolutely f**king FURIOUS at the developers - re: UI

I am absolutely ****ing FURIOUS at the developers of this game.

I've been very supportive of this game, from the time it was released.  To date, I've spent $61.95 across content packs and in-game gold (even when I have the gold in-account to buy that content as a F2P unlock), because I believe in supporting developers of F2P games by paying them for their work.  I've spoken positively about this game to my friends, and whatever limited time I've had here on this forum. 

I didn't complain when AD3 was delayed.

I didn't complain when AD4 is STILL unreleased (is it still on track for July?)

I didn't complain when I had to re-roll my Level 19 Quest characters, because of missing card & power feats from dead characters,.

I didn't complain when I couldn't progress through my Quest, due to a game-stopping spell-reward bug.

I didn't complain when I had to re-roll my party AGAIN (this time, level 36 characters) because of yet another game bug.

I didn't complain when the Android update last night rendered the game unplayable due to UI issues.

Why?  Because I figure the developers are working on this unpolished gem of a game, just trying to find their stride before they really start pushing out the quality updates and content.

But when I wake up this morning and download the latest patch (that fixes the Android UI issues from last night), and saw the new UI, I AM ****ING FURIOUS.  Why am I upset?

1. The new UI is something that I don't ever recall reading ANYBODY asking for.  I know I certainly didn't.  The previous UI may have been inconvenient for some, but the old UI wasn't game-breaking.
  2. Actual game-breaking bugs are still unaddressed (no rewards for dead characters)
  3. Actual game-breaking lack of content (AD4, AD5, AD6) is STILL nowhere to be seen.
  4. The new UI is ****.  It's ABSOLUTE ****.   Card text is obscured.  Buttons aren't aligned, because nobody bothered testing the UI layout after some developer just moved a "Zoom" slider from 100% --> 125%.  
  5. And I have to bring up that stupid left-hand tray on EVERY ROLL to determine location rules, closing rules, remaining cards in deck (so I can evaluate how much risk I should accept when deciding to not/play blessings or weapon discards).  
  6. Has anybody in the UI team actually thought that it's a problem when you've INCREASED the number of steps a player must take on EVERY SINGLE IN-GAME INTERACTION?
  7. Or that it's a problem when you're introducing a new UI (and new features / buttons) when the team obviously has QA/QC issues for their releases?

THIS is the kind of bull**** that warrants developer time?  If you have a Product Manager on this game, s/he should be FIRED for incompetence;  for prioritizing absolutely useless, unwanted, features onto this game rather than work on fixing bugs and the broken QA/QC testing process.

It's clear that fixing game-breaking bugs or releasing content that has BEEN PRE-PURCHASED is not a priority.  It's clear that releasing useless features like this absolute **** UI, and the absolute **** QA/QC process that allowed bugs to slip by into patches MULTIPLE TIMES is the way that Obsidian chooses to interact with their community.

Delete my account.  Delete my cloud saves.  I'm done with this game, and will be doing whatever I can through Google Play & my credit card to recover the portion of my Rise of the Runelords content pack purchase that I can, on the basis that promised content was never delivered.  And I invite anyone who feels the same to join me.  Because this latest CLUSTER **** of a patch has turned this $62-customer into someone who will now advise that people NEVER spend a single ****ing cent on this game.

• Like 2

I'd say chill out, but it looks like we're a little beyond that.  Since you've already resolved that you're "done," feel free to put it down for a while and maybe see where things end up 6 months from now.

Remember, this is just a mobile app.  It isn't like Obsidian just set your house and fire and walked away laughing.

• Like 1

Remember, this is just a mobile app.  It isn't like Obsidian just set your house and fire and walked away laughing.

Correct.  

But I do equate this to a friend owing you money;  and watching that friend proceed to go out and buy a bunch of new clothes they don't need, rather than pay you back.

This is such a stupid thing to say. "It's just a game". Jeeezuz. Don't enforce your priorities on other people.

I agree with everything the OP said. The bugs will get fixed eventually, but that horrible and ugly phone UI will stay unless we say something.

• Like 2

This is such a stupid thing to say. "It's just a game". Jeeezuz. Don't enforce your priorities on other people.

I agree with everything the OP said. The bugs will get fixed eventually, but that horrible and ugly phone UI will stay unless we say something.

Hahaha So the OP repeating the same message over and over again all over the forum isn't enforce his opinions on other people?

As Ethics Gradient said, this is just a mobile app and if you are going off the handle because of bugs that are actively being looking at and to try to be fix by the Dev ( Aarik and other have been looking and responsing to us) and the timeline for release isn't to their liking. Maybe ask for a refund and leave is for the best for OP. Rage over mobile app isn't worth it. 

Still wait for Patch 1.0.3.7 Banana Bundle :getlost:

Mate I understand your feelings. I think that the coming content had to be tested on the new UI, so they could have been forced to complete and debug that before to release new adventures.

At my eyes the previous interface was a little rough honestly. Now I can understand it was the first working (temporary) UI, already planned to be updated later. And perhaps they will update also the new one.

Then, they have problems with QA for sure. But we already knew that after 2 weeks of playing. They could save themselves a lot of troubles with more effective internal revision cycles and procedures (that today can be easily automated in a large part). I also suggested them to look for a senior sw analyst.. I wasn't joking in that moment.

From the first planning I read, they would have released all the content within this month. For all the players that payed for the game this is a serious matter. They know that very well too. So I think they will release AD4 very soon. Perhaps it's a matter of days in my opinion, because they are working on it since months. AD5 and AD6 are an other story. Perhaps if we are lucky they had resources to progress waiting for the release of the new UI. Anyway increasing the compatibility right now is hazardous because the game isn't complete yet, so I expect an acceleration in development and release.