Game Unplayable on Android Moto X

Alliteration

Question

While I'm not having the disappearing gold and chest problem others are having, I'm unable to play the game itself.

After selecting turn order during a scenario (story or quest), the game goes to the overview screen that shows all the locations. I can tap the blue eye icon to go to the location art (doesn't let me go back), but I never get the option to tap a card to explore. The X button on the left and the arrow button on the right are present but do nothing. I can't move the character by tapping the move button. I can apparently end the character's turn by tapping the red arrows at the top but it never goes on to the next character. The location text pullout tab is empty of information. 

Tapping on the character portrait icons to see what is in their hand works. I can see the character's cards, and clicking on their deck and discard works. I can also zoom in on cards and move them around. 

The game worked perfectly fine before this latest patch. Ironic that the phone compatibility patch would render the game unplayable on my phone.  

12 answers to this question

New update has broken the game, completely unplayable. In both story mode and quest mode. First turn, first character, open in new UI but unable to do anything, go anywhere, interact with any cards or others. Stuck. Even unable to forfiet.

Galaxy Tab A

And

Nexus 5X

Both using Android Marshmallow

This really sux guys. Back to Ascension for me.

I seem to be getting this as well, both in story and quest modes.  Android 5.1 on a Droid Turbo (phone), and similarly was able to play before the update.

I wanted to add that the rest of the menus seem to be okay.  I was still able to open chests, salvage cards, create a new story party, and assign die to party members.

I'd advise you to quit this game, and forget it ever existed.

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

I've accepted that this isn't a story of a rag-tag team of indie developers just trying to find their stride before they really start delivering content & bugfixes.  I've accepted that shoddy bug-laden releases and M.I.A. content are what we can expect in the future, because that's exactly what they've given us in the past.

I'm done with this game.  I'd invite you to do the same.  Because it's not going to get better.

• Like 1

I'm not a strong advocate of building new code on top of code that doesn't work properly, which is what Obsidian are doing (presumably at the behest of Paizo). I warned that the coloured dice "feature" would introduce bugs to an already shaky code base and that is exactly what happened. The same introduction of bugs by changing non- gameplay-related code has now been observed with the UI changes. All of this is bad. It's bad development practices, it's terrible project management and it's a bad experience the customer. How will OBS ever release AP4 if they're always tinkering with the base code? How will AP4 ever be regarded a quality release it is built on a poor foundation?

OBS needs to knuckle down and fix the existing code base before they do anything new. I don't expect a bug free product, but I do expect major gameplay issues to be fixed.

All that notwithstanding, I get it that you're done with the product, everyone has their limits (I've been close to mine several times, but I keep coming back because I enjoy the game despite the flawed implementation and because I want to help make it better). But I think that advocating a general boycott is going a bit far. Not that I expect that people will be following your advice. Why would they? I'd expect intelligent people to make up their own minds.

Hopefully this patch will draw a line under the rush for new features in preparation for AP4 and the focus will be on fixing what is *currently* broken and building a stable AP4. Surely they can't risk delaying AP4 any further?