Patch Notes for 1.1.3 is now live!

I just tested the new patch and I am disappointed.

I have been using a Samsung Galaxy s4 for a while now (before this new patch) and I hate the new interface.

The tablets interface was doing really well on phone devices.

Now it is clunky, too big for nothing and harder to see all the information. Before you could see fine all the cards by clicking on them already.

I am not taking about the obvious interface bugs that are everywhere, just the general design of it.

Please, could you either put an option to use the tablet interface or remove the phone one altogether?

Thank you

No show-stopping bugs on my part. No lost gold. No freezes. No progression locks.

However the new UI has lots of clipping and misaligned object issues. While I commend the philosophy behind it (yay no more eyestrain!), it certainly needs a lot of refinement.

I kinda dislike the fact that I have to tap a button in order to display the location information, something that I find myself doing almost every turn.

Chest count: 136

Stalling on new content. Adding cosmetic sillies and now "fixing" something that was never broken... Man, you're making it so hard to keep playing this awesome game that I had to log in just to vent some frustration.

The new UI is straight up ugly. The additional touch that I now have to do to see the location info sucks a lot from UX perspective too. The fonts in that menu are not resizing correctly which results in overflows that aren't handled well and in the fonts looking weirdly smashed together. The cards overlap action selection buttons and it's suddenly harder to drag the cards to their interactive zones to either banish, bury, discard, etc.

I suppose I'm gonna wait for a couple patches down the line until this mess is at least half way solved.

• Like 2

Stalling on new content. Adding cosmetic sillies and now "fixing" something that was never broken... Man, you're making it so hard to keep playing this awesome game that I had to log in just to vent some frustration.

The new UI is straight up ugly. The additional touch that I now have to do to see the location info sucks a lot from UX perspective too. The fonts in that menu are not resizing correctly which results in overflows that aren't handled well and in the fonts looking weirdly smashed together. The cards overlap action selection buttons and it's suddenly harder to drag the cards to their interactive zones to either banish, bury, discard, etc.

I suppose I'm gonna wait for a couple patches down the line until this mess is at least half way solved.

Yes, this^ The new UI is really messy. I wish we could go back to the tablet display or at least be able to toggle back and forth. Having to click to see location info every single turn is definitely detracting from my play experience.

And I'm still getting xp when I fail in quest mode :( Gonna have to start my characters again...

Honestly, I'm super bummed out. I was so excited when I found this app and had planned splurge on buying the whole RotR bundle. Now I'm not sure that I would be getting my money's worth.

I'm sorry for the Devs who are getting all this negative feedback as I'm sure they want to provide us a product that works. That said, this release has been really sloppy and is a step back from the previous version. It seems like this was a long way from being tested enough to release. I had to uninstall and reinstall to be able play at all.

Plus we haven't really had any response despite the deluge of posts in the forum.

Hope to hear back soon! I really don't want to give up on what could be an awesome game. Good luck guys!

• Like 3

Quite like the idea of where the UI is going... though that might change a bit with the next adventure. Will have to remind myself to open the side panel and read new locations properly.

• Biggest bug so far is not getting gold for trashing vault cards. I went through and pruned maybe 300 golds worth and got nothing. Not a huge amount but not good. :(
  • The cards appearing out of order is probably the biggest gameplay annoyance... far from game breaking but it just looks bad. (Sony Xperia Z5)
  • Challenge progress bar popup went from blocking the cards to hiding behind it. Neither is ideal can we move it to the top of the screen please?
  • Weapon re-rolls seemed different. Re-rolled a Lightning Glaive and it re-rolled far fewer dice than I remembered. This might be intentional (they were pretty OP)
  • I swear battery life is a LOT better with the new version. No idea what you did but it was maybe twice as good? Nice work.

• Biggest bug so far is not getting gold for trashing vault cards. I went through and pruned maybe 300 golds worth and got nothing. Not a huge amount but not good. :(

They removed that savage intentionally. Officially confirmed in an other thread. I'm very very sad about that as you are mate.. :(

They removed that savage intentionally. Officially confirmed in an other thread. I'm very very sad about that as you are mate.. :(

Vault salvage should still be working.  The salvage that was quietly removed was the handful of freebie gold that you got after scenarios when you decided not to keep all those Mattocks and Troubadours and other unwanted boons.

• Like 1

Vault salvage should still be working.  The salvage that was quietly removed was the handful of freebie gold that you got after scenarios when you decided not to keep all those Mattocks and Troubadours and other unwanted boons.

I didn't understand Jasta has said.

Anyway you are talking of 10-25 cards per game in a 6-party, or in gold 50-150 bonus per each played scenario removed because there is a 100-200 challenge bonus per day. Someone want me play less. Good to know.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

UI wasn't broken and was working fine so there was absolutely no need to change it... especially not change it for the worse! I won't say that the change make the game unplayable but it certainly make it more complicated by adding additional "clicks" to get a rather important information.

• Like 1

UI wasn't broken and was working fine so there was absolutely no need to change it... especially not change it for the worse! I won't say that the change make the game unplayable but it certainly make it more complicated by adding additional "clicks" to get a rather important information.

I agree that the execution would need polish, but the UI change was desperately needed for small devices. I have a Samsung S4 and I had to put the screen 5inches from my eyes if I wanted to read the cards or the location powers! I love the new UI because I can now read things without looking like I'm 75 years old trying to read the newspaper.

If they can replace the button with more of a sliding drawer, I think that would be better.

I agree that the execution would need polish, but the UI change was desperately needed for small devices. I have a Samsung S4 and I had to put the screen 5inches from my eyes if I wanted to read the cards or the location powers! I love the new UI because I can now read things without looking like I'm 75 years old trying to read the newspaper.

If they can replace the button with more of a sliding drawer, I think that would be better.

So they could fix it JUST for small devices without ruining it for everything else!

Having played some on my phone I think I agree with some of the posters above. I would really like an option to be able to play with the tablet UI vs the new phone UI on my phone. I can see how some people may have issues with the tablet UI on phones if they have a smaller/older/lower res phone or their eye sight may be more limited whereas other people with newer/phablet phones or just lucky with their eye sight would rather have more of the information available without additional clicks. I especially miss the summary of what cards are left in the location deck information

Don't some apps have different versions for tablets vs phones. I really liked to previous UI and although I can now play on my iphone, I would rather have kept the old version and lost that ability. Better would be having a version that works for each.

Don't some apps have different versions for tablets vs phones. I really liked to previous UI and although I can now play on my iphone, I would rather have kept the old version and lost that ability. Better would be having a version that works for each.

I have an iPad and it still uses the old UI.

Detecting and supporting all the different Android sizes and resolutions would be a challenge. I don't doubt that they're working on a more refined solution to detect which UI is more appropriate.

I'm entirely certain people are just resistant to things that change. Maybe instead of constantly complaining, you can suggest things that could make it better? Like what makes the current UI trash? 

Definitely the location button. I wish there was a faster way to look at that information.

The Cards having layering issues, which I'm sure is fixable in future patches..

• Like 1

Hmm, never said the current UI was trash or really felt that my comments were complaints. Just commented it worked better on my ipad before the change. The layering means I often can't see my entire set of cards for some characters with large hand size. I have gotten better on guessing where the reveal vs discard vs bury buttons SHOULD BE next to the cards so I don't have to go to the vault every time I use a card, but this is a bit of a pain. Had an armor I had to discard instead of reveal because the monster that attacked me was covering the reveal option. 

So just a bunch of little things that make the game a bit less fun since the update.

On the other hand, I was able to download it to my iphone which could be nice if I don't have my ipad with me or no wifi. I also finally got the dice to equip in story mode.

Hopefully comments and suggestions won't be attacked as any more than what they intended -- to make the game better. I am assuming that's why we are all on the forum.

I have gotten better on guessing where the reveal vs discard vs bury buttons SHOULD BE next to the cards so I don't have to go to the vault every time I use a card, but this is a bit of a pain. Had an armor I had to discard instead of reveal because the monster that attacked me was covering the reveal option. 

Dragging the card to the appropriate location on the screen also works in the absence of the working buttons.  

Want to play a Blessing but can't find the discard button? Just drag it to your discard pile.

Got an item that you recharge to use? Drag it back to your deck.

Need to bury an armor after taking a bunch of damage? Put it in the pile of dirt.

The buttons were just shortcuts to quickly move the card around for you.  Manually placing the cards in their desired spot should trigger the same effects.

Like what makes the current UI trash?

Simple, it's not an improvement over the previous one. That is all there is to it.

The question every developer of anything should ask themselves is will newer version be better then old one? If the answer to that is NO then you should never, ever introduce that "new version". Unless you're a Microsoft... then you can keep releasing worse and worse versions of your operating system without an issue.

Well then no problem because the new versioon is better in 3,5" phones than the previous...

The truth is newer so easy. Obsidian is making UI for devices as small as 3" to as large as 105" so there will be compromises.

Jumpthegun is right in there that making good suggestions is more usefull.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV