Patch Notes for 1.1.3 is now live!

Don't worry mate, not every content from Story mode goes in Quest mode. Nightbelly Boas exist only next to the mechanic of Black Magga, so without it they are out of contest and quite hard for the most, also if still beatable (with optimized decks and experienced players).

Quest Mode: Nightbelly Boa: Removed from Quest Mode as a possible henchmen.

That's a shame... they presented a rather nice challenge. It's not like they made the scenario unbeatable so I can't see a reason why they got removed.

Because it was unbeatable for most of the players mate

Which is a problem because it shouldn't be unbeatable... and it's not. You do need to adjust your strategy but it's most certainly defeatable.

Another thing is that by removing them here, all those players will only have problems in the future because in upcoming AP's there are scenarios without Henchman or scenarios with Henchman that don't allow immediate closing of location. Not to mention Villains who are undefeated if they're not the only card in location deck! This could have been a nice, "safe" training session to prepare for those scenarios.

But what works in an AP may not work in random Quest Mode, different beasts, different expectations. Edited by PRuano

Is this the place I go to report a bug regarding today's update? Unlike many my gold is still with me, however when I start or continue any game the first character to play is not in a location anymore and no options exist. No cards either. In fact the only thing available is switching back to menu.

I love this game and the app really sets the atmosphere. I have encountered minor bugs before where usually exiting to menu and going back in fixes it but not this time, this one is a real stopper.

Apologies if this isn't the place, I will happily cut and paste elsewhere but I can't seem to find where to raise a ticket.

I have this same problem on an android Samsung Tab 2

Same here, using an LG G4 and Android 6, and applies to multiple characters

Just noticed that one of my characters is using a pale yellow die -- now called pale sun. I really likes the deep black with bright white of the hematite die - was one of my favorites. Pale sun is -- well very pale (and not worth choosing). Not sure why you got rid of the hematite (thought from the post above it was just a rename)

Unfortunately, I'm also running into issues. I'm on a Nexus 6, and while it's a phone, I preferred the old format of screens rather than the new one - the increased size can make things look cluttered. That's not even getting into the freeze - I'm unable to continue after starting a story game and assigning everybody to their locations. (I end up on the map, I can't enter a location, and hitting the end button leads to another screen where I can't select anything.) 

• Like 1

I am experiencing an error with the new patch that shows I have all achievements except Cased Closed: "Complete The Skinsaw Murders adventure." I have completed all 3 adventures currently available and the Prologue. I have the achievement for The Hook Mountain Massacre, so I'm baffled as to why the second adventure won't show.

I swear I'm only trying to help as I keep playing. When the optional discards text should appear, it appears behind the player's hand. The hand also makes it kind of difficult to tell what some cards are as they appear behind other cards in the hand. The old style of hand display worked much better, imo.

I almost never post feedback about video game patches, but the latest patch was so buggy and the UI changes so jarring I needed to comment.

To get the game to function after the patch I needed to uninstall and reinstall. Once that was done the UI changes are just horrible. The fonts are off, they don't fit with their frames and overlap with other text boxes. The popup UI buttons are hidden behind cards, or text boxes, and the UI cues for actions after playing cards are completely different. I figured everything out eventually, but wow, who thought this updated UI was better than than the old one? Someone needs to retake that UX/UI class.

I still love this game though, and I love playing the physical game too, but it's a little sad that the app took a step backward with a DOT release.

• Like 2

Awesome! First patch in a while that updated smoothly with no update process issues. Of course I've logged 6 bugs after the first scenario, but nothing game-breaking this time around, it's mostly related to the UI changes and dice visuals. Perhaps we're moving toward a stable code base! I hope so.

Awesome! First patch in a while that updated smoothly with no update process issues. Of course I've logged 6 bugs after the first scenario, but nothing game-breaking this time around, it's mostly related to the UI changes and dice visuals. Perhaps we're moving toward a stable code base! I hope so.

You did read the previous comments right?...

To get the game to function after the patch I needed to uninstall and reinstall. Once that was done the UI changes are just horrible. The fonts are off, they don't fit with their frames and overlap with other text boxes. The popup UI buttons are hidden behind cards, or text boxes, and the UI cues for actions after playing cards are completely different. I figured everything out eventually, but wow, who thought this updated UI was better than than the old one? Someone needs to retake that UX/UI class.

I totally agree, the new UI is ugly.

some significant UI overhauls

Been playing on an Xperia Z1 compact for quite some time already. While I admit that the bigger location effect display is a bit easier to read, I dislike needing two additional clicks to remind myself on the closing requirements and effects. How about a best of both worlds approach: reinstate the previous location display, but allow zooming in for ease of reading if needed.

Scenario Completion Gold: Resolved an issue where you could miss out on gold when completing scenarios that should grant it

If this was supposed to award gold for syenarios below legendary that were already completed by the player, but not by the characters: it still doesn't.

If not: why not (https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88925-no-gold-on-replay-except-on-legendary-why/)?; and what was the issue that had been resolved?

I'd advise you to quit this game, and forget it ever existed.

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

I've accepted that this isn't a story of a rag-tag team of indie developers just trying to find their stride before they really start delivering content & bugfixes.  I've accepted that shoddy bug-laden releases and M.I.A. content are what we can expect in the future, because that's exactly what they've given us in the past.

• Like 2

Believe me, I **LOVED** this game before the latest patch.  But it's clear that the game developers simply do not prioritize fixing bugs, or delivering promised content.  Instead, they release garbage like a new UI that nobody asked for, and cosmetic garbage like dice skins.

The promise for phone UI support has been From the beta, the promise to dice skins have been From beta. So these Are not something that nobody has asked for... They have been planned From the very Beginning of the game. There still Are a lot of features that have been planned a long time ago that Are not yet in the game, so there will a lot more things that you have not hoped for, it seems. But as I said They Are not some random afterthoughs, They Are preplanned features that will come to the game, Little by Little.

The dev did fix Many old bugs, but as always new features causes new bugs. That is the problem with games that gain new features and content during the game life cycle.

Expect to see most of these problems fixed in the next patch and Also Expect to see new bugs, with new feature that will be included in the next patch. Ofcourse nobody hopes to see any new bugs, but I can not see that we can avoid them. If you want to see mostly bugfree Pathfinder Adventures, wait for ad6, wait two patches after that and come back then.

I personally am going to enjoy this game in the meantime. I am just not expecting it to be bugfree. In Many way this newer version is much better than previous version, but i Also Expect to see bugfixes to the new bugs that arrived lately.

This is still one of the best mobile games around and some of those features that vere planned in the beta stage Era, Are really interesting and I am really waiting to see them come though eventually! Good things Are coming, just don't Expect to see them bugfree in the first patch ;)

• Like 5

This is still one of the best mobile games around and some of those features that vere planned in the beta stage Era, Are really interesting and I am really waiting to see them come though eventually! Good things Are coming, just don't Expect to see them bugfree in the first patch ;)

Yes, every patch is narrowing closer to what may end up being a really cool implementation of the entire Pathfinder Adventures card game.  I'm happy to see where things are going too.  Nobody here is excited by bugs, but this is still only a mobile game.  

For instance, I'd be really upset if Obsidian released a patch that made the batteries in my iPad explode (I'm pretty sure that's not in the Unity SDK...), but anything short of that means I'll just find some other way to spend idle time for a bit.  So things are broken for a while, its not like the devs want it that way either.

• Like 1

The dev did fix Many old bugs, but as always new features causes new bugs. That is the problem with games that gain new features and content during the game life cycle.

I 100% agree with you that software gets bugs, they eventually get fixed, game content changes over time, etc.

The problem I have is around setting and managing expectations.  With the amount of work that was done over the past several months since release, this game feels much more like an extended beta or an Early Access game.  Which would be fine, if that was made clear.  

But the game presents itself as a finished product, and sells content as if it were a finished product.  Or, rather more appropriately for an episodic content game like this, the game presents itself as having a polished team & polished set of processes behind it that can create and deliver future content.  And seeing multiple QA/QC mishaps over the past several months, the delay of AD3, and the delay of AD4 (is it July yet?), makes me believe that the content creation & delivery processes are far from polished.

Obsidian Entertainment has some very solid experience developing cRPGs;  including developing episodic / expansion content for some of those games.  This isn't their first rodeo.  But it certainly doesn't feel that way.

• Like 3

I'm seeing a z-index issue on my tablet. A lot of cards that should be behind what is displayed. For example, when recharging a card the card is on top of the reveal button when I use the spell component pouch. I've also noticed a similar issue with the hand displayed at the bottom of the screen after I've revealed something and it goes back to my hand.

Other than that I like the UI update. Thanks.

• Like 2

Add info you find/want to the Pathfinder Adventures wiki