Dices skin reset arranging party

RedPred

Question

I have just noticed that arranging characters outside and inside the party sometimes resets the dice that character had before. In other words it seems that outside the party characters don't maintain the data about dices in some occasions. Anyway I swapped a Seoni with an other Seoni, perhaps that produced the effect

Edited by RedPred

10 answers to this question

My understanding is that dice skins aren't related to a CHARACTER.  They're related to a PARTY.

If I'm correct, then that makes perfect sense.  When you add an Experienced character to a party, then they would suddenly have default blue dice, despite what they had in another party.

I got this impression from, I believe, release notes.  The number of any given color of dice you have is a limit on the number of characters in a single party that can use that color.  That's why there's no point in having more than six of a single dice skin.

This is the correct functionality. Dice are assigned to a character within a party. If the character leaves or the party disbands, that leaving character (or the whole disbanded party) will have default blue dice.

The reason this is done is to give a bit of colleciton to the game, without getting out of hand. Instead of requiring a unique set of dice to be assigned to every character, since a party size is maxed at 6, the most copies of a dice set you'll ever need are 6 (one for each party member).

My understanding is that dice skins aren't related to a CHARACTER.  They're related to a PARTY.

If I'm correct, then that makes perfect sense.  When you add an Experienced character to a party, then they would suddenly have default blue dice, despite what they had in another party.

I got this impression from, I believe, release notes.  The number of any given color of dice you have is a limit on the number of characters in a single party that can use that color.  That's why there's no point in having more than six of a single dice skin.

"I need a lie-down" is the new "I'll be in my bunk..."

I don't think this is correct. You have to have a party assembled (even if it's only a party of 1) in order to access the Dice screen. However, selections of dice made in this screen persist for the character​ even if you never take that party on a scenario. I know this because whenever I get a new dice colour, I go to the Quest Party setup screen and assign dice. The dice that I'd previously assigned are (mostly, there is some weirdness) persistent from the last time I had done this. I guess that it might be different in Story mode as a character in a Story party is a (I assume) unique instance of that Character. But as the OP says that they swapped out a Seoni, I assume that the OP was talking about Quest mode (as you can't change Story party members - can you? - I've never tried)

• Like 1

You can swap with no problems. Party itself just has to save time to rejoin the same characters in the same group to continue to play. The only limitations are: same character type in the same party (Seoni1 + Seoni2), reusing the same instance among more party (Seoni1 in Party1, and Seoni1 in Party2) ... but it's bugged so you can do that at the moment).

Oh right, interesting. That means that - as long as all characters are valid for the current scenario (i.e. they've completed the preceding scenarios) - I can drop in a character with a skill that is a particular need for the scenario. That's something I wouldn't do in the physical game, but if that makes the digital implementation a bit more flexible. I'll have a bit of an investigation on this to see what I can do - I occasionally have real problems with some of my smaller parties in some scenarios 'cos they're missing Wisdom or Healing or Sustain or some other attribute. Being able to drop in an additional member could help (or are party numbers fixed?)

You can freely re-assemble any party or dismiss. Remember that the completed scenarios of party are the 'sum' of completed ones of single character instances you added. So if you add a new clean char to an experienced one, nothing changes. But if you remove an experienced char, your party could change the available scenarios it can access.

Looks like I need to investigate story mode more (I've abandoned it as all my characters have completed AP3, though not all of them have done so on Legendary because (1) frustration with bugginess of Legendary, (2) some parties are under-powered, which this info will help me fix)

Essentially, Characters​ progress through Story Mode. They just happen to do so in a Party, whose members are flexible. Nice. And of course undocumented and not immediately obvious from the UI - at least not to me (obviously) :facepalm: 

• Like 1

Personally I think that a lot of players will appreciate to set specific dice to specific characters (in a couple of weeks they will have a dozen of new dice anyway), so you could give them both the settings. For example a character remember the last die he used if it is still free in the collection. It's reasonable and make everybody happy.

• Like 1

If I'm correct, then that makes perfect sense. 

This is the correct functionality. Dice are assigned to a character within a party. If the character leaves or the party disbands, that leaving character (or the whole disbanded party) will have default blue dice.

The reason this is done is to give a bit of colleciton to the game, without getting out of hand. Instead of requiring a unique set of dice to be assigned to every character, since a party size is maxed at 6, the most copies of a dice set you'll ever need are 6 (one for each party member).

Personally I think that a lot of players will appreciate to set specific dice to specific characters (in a couple of weeks they will have a dozen of new dice anyway), so you could give them both the settings. For example a character remember the last die he used if it is still free in the collection. It's reasonable and make everybody happy.

I'm confused!

Firstly - and I'm only taking about Quest mode here - my dice selections seem to stick on a per character basis. I have to assign the dice within a Party, but once I play through a scenario the dice assignment sticks. I agree with RedPred: I don't particularly want to use a single legendary dice skin for my entire party, or even for particular roles ("tank", message, etc.), I want to assign skins to individual Characters, regardless of party. The way it's done at the moment is, IMO, daft.

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems with the game and then I wanted start with all new characters and so I figured I'd delete my old parties and characters and just start fresh. I don't mind losing progress. I'll just have to play the same scenarios over again, but I like playing the scenarios so no big deal. However, having finally reset my party with all brand new characters who hadn't completed anything, my dice button is greyed out. I thought that I could just put the dice on individual characters. Even if I assumed that deleting the old characters deleted the dice they had on them, I should still have the unassigned dice.

The dice button is greyed out both from the vault for the party I'm playing and greyed out in party creation. Okay, so what is my aged mind missing? What simple solution can you give me that will make me feel stupid on one hand, but grateful on the other?

EDIT: I had this inkling that it might not be possible to get to the dice until after the prologue/tutorial basic deck. I just thought to keep checking in on it and, voila, it didn't even take all three basic scenarios. After the first one, the dice button lit up and I could put in all my dice. I seem to recall some rose color I don't think I saw, but I have a tendency to post rather late for me and I'm afraid perhaps I fatigued and just didn't see it. I was happy with the colors I had and now everyone has his or her own set of beautiful dice.

Edited by Dainalt