Iesha Foxglove Does not let you search

Janolen

Question

8 answers to this question

Yup, that's by design... unless you somehow add Magic trait to your check to defeat (not easy at all on non-combat checks!) she is considered undefeated and you don't get to search location deck for Skinsaw man.

Take note that Crown of Charisma does work on her and she is considered defeated. I never got the chance to use Potion of Glibness on her but it's possible that one would also work...

Take note that Crown of Charisma does work on her and she is considered defeated.

You sure about this? If so, that's a bug. Using the Crown of Charisma doesn't add Magic to the check, even though the Crown is magic.

Paizo discussion of this

Yeah, it shouldn't work, and it does not.  I can attest to that as I used it just today and she remained undefeated.

Take note that Crown of Charisma does work on her and she is considered defeated.

You sure about this? If so, that's a bug. Using the Crown of Charisma doesn't add Magic to the check, even though the Crown is magic.

Paizo discussion of this

Yeah, it shouldn't work, and it does not.  I can attest to that as I used it just today and she remained undefeated.

Then it's possible it was fixed in one of the latest patches (3.7 or 3.8) since it did work for me (to my huge surprise, I might add) during my solo run with Merisiel on Legendary few weeks ago...

Okay I'll have to give this another go, although she was clearly defeated as she didn't go back into the deck.

It will be a great pleasure to hand her, her head again.

She can't go back into location deck because she never came from it... summoned monsters always return back to the box, regardless of whether you defeat them or not.