The US Election 2016, Part VI

Pidesco

The discussion has been deported to this thread.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

@ kgambit

GD would be a good candidate for the new ideological way of the future....but some of his views may be considered... " extreme  "   o:)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@ kgambit

GD would be a good candidate for the new ideological way of the future....but some of his views may be considered... " extreme  "   o:)

That's for the voters to decide - not you.    :biggrin:

(Wanted to add a smiley face here but Win 10 Edge would not let me -  IE11 works just fine )

Edited by kgambit
  • Like 1

am s'posing that the devil and the deep blue sea options is appropriate in the present context.  unfortunately, am not certain what the candidates actual represent. bruce is the board's stuart smalley.

politically, bruce is a bit random, but he sure does think obama and clinton are swell, so...

wod?

sure, we got two ends o' a spectrum, but is less a political divide than temperament.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Best outcome for this election is that Hillary gets indicted and a giant meteor hits Trump.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

Best outcome for this election is that Hillary gets indicted and a meteor the size of a chihuahua's head hits Trump.

fixed.  giant meteor would cause considerable collateral damage.  a meteor, even the size o' a marble, would more than do the trick.  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

God damn it I knew someone was gonna bring science up about that part.

Ok fine a sfae spontaneously falls on Trump's head like in Looney Tunes.....and inside the safe is some incriminating evidence against Hillary, then she gets indicted.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

am s'posing that the devil and the deep blue sea options is appropriate in the present context.  unfortunately, am not certain what the candidates actual represent. bruce is the board's stuart smalley.

politically, bruce is a bit random, but he sure does think obama and clinton are swell, so...

:lol:

That awful stuart smalley video made me laugh

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

“if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough” --mark grace, cubs first baseman

americans love baseball.

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

So I've got the choice between Bruce and WoD for WoT President? Seems similar to another election.

Reformism has failed, I choose insurrection. I will fight a bloody war to ensure the WoT will be a free territory. No Mods No Masters!

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

No Mods No Masters!

No mods or admins, only members!

(One of the things I liked about Bioshock was that it co-opted pretty much everything including its slogans)

"I am Zoraptor, and I am here to ask you a question. Is a member not entitled to the posts of their keyboards? 'No,' says the admin in California, 'they belong to Obsidian.' 'No,' says the oby in 'Russia', 'they belong to Putin.' 'No,' says the Bruce in the RSA, 'they belong to Social Justice.' I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Usenet. A community where the poster would not fear the censor. Where the scientist would not be bound to post solely in the sci.* hierarchy. Where the alt.* would not be constrained by the big8. And with the sweat of your brow, Usenet can become your community as well."

• Like 4

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/vladimir-putin-dnc-hack-service-american-public-article-1.2776024

Putins got a cheek as usual, its not just the fact he is one of the main suspects in the DNC hacking scandal but he now claims these hacks are a " public service ", so we now have world leaders glorifying cyber-espionage  :shrugz:  

Russia should practice what they preach and stop controlling the media and narrative within Russia....this would be the better " public service " 

John Milton 

Trump quoting the Book of John about loving one another is great. Kind of weird to see a church used as a campaign stop, but I guess this is common in US?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, which is why sullying it with the glorified prostitution of politics seems off

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy