The W40k/Lord Inquisitor Thread

Nonek

Revered members of this august assembly, I come before you today with an obscure artifact: A vidfilm that pertains to His glorious inquisition, and seeks to highlight our work here upon Holy Terra, and out there on the million worlds where mankind holds sway. Is this Heresy most foul, or righteous propaganda fit for the ears of the Imperiums good, honest citizens?

Only a fragment has yet been put forward for our judgement, and so I say to you, most wise and terrible of servants: Yay or nay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZc6cr6G2E4

An earlier work by the same techpriest may aid your deliberations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjaYW5Cnr5k

Emperor be praised.

Thought for the day: Envy the mind too small for doubt.

• Like 7

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Visually it's absolutely stunning, I never thought i'd see the W40k world brought to life with such vision, and it's nice to see the civilisation at the heart of the Imperium rather than battlefields or ruins. I think it's a very good decision to go with an Inquisitors Angelae, mere humans who are far more relatable, and the young leader of that band with the slight Irish accent is an unusual addition that I like.

Edit: Though in truth it's more a title sequence than a prologue.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I should'nt have gotten my hopes up, if it'd been a game, it would've been in the games section. :(

Still, quite impressive! I like what I see, and I'll watch it when it comes out. I've got this weird between exited and dissapointed feeling because of the reason above :)

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It looks good and makes me wish for a Obs 40K game*

Actually played the Fantasy Battle RPG with some of my mates in 1987. I remember running a game and during a fierce battle one of the players finished off his enemy and, instead of going to the aid of his companions, went to pillage a fallen comrade. Thought it was so funny at the time I still remember what he said: "I'm gonna go loot Hart!" It still makes me laugh to this day.

Love to see Obsidian do:

An Aliens game

A Lovecraft game

and now you spoke up

A Fantasy Battle game (or 40k if yeh must)

• Like 1

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

What I liked the most when reading the Gaunts Ghosts and Ravenor books were the parts showing civilian life in the imperium. We need more games like this video. Hell, even if it's an adventure game. Something that is not about space murhinz and killing orcs every 5 seconds.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah. How does society function? Human beings, and probably orks and elves and even completely evil people like the dark elves must, by necessity, have a functional society. Either these entities (empires, raiders, nomads) are temporary elements or permanent structures. History proves that these groups have long histories that impact the universe. By what structures do these entities exist? Evil, good, or simply fixating on survival, there must be a place for the warriors to lay down their heads and create new generations of warriors who are willing to defend the way of life in which they are reared.

Seconded. To introduce such a vast piece of fiction one would need to have relatable human characters, not the superhumans of the Astartes. Really I think Space Marines should have just as much an air of mystery and alienness as say the Eldar, Necron or Tau, and when a citizen sees one it should be a sure sign that peril is imminent. Stormcrows.

As for the enemies of the Imperium they should be almost mythical to most I think, even the lowly Ork Boy should be a creature that will give the average human nightmares for the rest of their life, if they survive! To behold the soulless legions of the Necron, the forerunners of a Hive Fleet, the twisted speed demons of Commorragh, or the agents of the eight pointed star would be to probably lose ones mind.

As for the Eldar, well shattered reflections of the Imperium, melancholic, sardonic and proud, obsessed with Death and Fate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwODnnfra3A

Tea for the teapot!

Reminds me, i'll have to read those again, along with Mr Watsons other books. Space Marine, studying the strange and disturbing growth of an Imperial Fist Initiate was very good.

Tea for the teapot!

Brethren, the Dark Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes are tasked with a most dread endeavour, pray that if in the heat of battle they forget He Who Is On Terra that He does not forget them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzsDLpNMZq0

• Like 4

Tea for the teapot!

Love can bloom between an Inquisitor and a Vindicare ASSassin.

Isn't that basically the plot of Watson's entire inquisitor series?
There was no such series. :p

Isn't Dembski Bowden in this? Kind of overrated for BL guys but at least he is better than Counter or McNeill

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

C'mon, it wasn't that bad.

(Actually, I personally consider it to be a seminal work in the W40K-verse, and - despite its faults - vastly better than Abnett's offerings.)

• Like 1

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

There hasn't been a retcon like with the origins of the Deathwing has there? GW seem to be doing an awful lot of that lately.

Tea for the teapot!

Absolutely stunning from a visual perspective.  Erasmus Brosdau probably deserves to be the egomaniac he so clearly is, how many many times do you need to list your own name in what is mostly a one man production?  :disguise:

The dialogue was pretty damned cliche so I dunno how it'll turn out in the end.  Even so, it's quite staggering that independents can produce works of such quality nowadays.

So arse deep in the Grimdark, but I love the 40K universe.  Played with a gent who used the Avatar of Khaine every chance he got.  Notice that it's all about the Empire in these clips.  Any chance some of the others get some polish? 

Brethren, the Dark Angels chapter of the Adeptus Astartes are tasked with a most dread endeavour, pray that if in the heat of battle they forget He Who Is On Terra that He does not forget them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzsDLpNMZq0

:o

*Fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap*

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken