Treasure cards from unreleased decks

I've been noticing lately that some of the best cards I have pulled out of chests (Flask of Firestorms, Leopard Leather, Orbs) don't seem to drop in game.  A little review shows them in my Gallery as "owned," but not in the vault at all.    Is this to say I bought the right to win these to look at them, but don't get a chance to play with them until the relevant deck is released?  

I'm sure I've seen screenshots of some of these cards in use on here, is this maybe a Quest Mode vs. Story Mode issue?  And if so at what tier of play does Deck 6 stuff actually drop?

Thanks

More or less... you can't encounter any Treasure chest card until it's deck is added to story or quest mode.

Meaning that deck 4, 5 and 6 cards are still unavailable for play but those from earlier decks you should encounter during play... once all the other cards with same deck number get added. So you'll have to wait a bit longer for deck 5 and 6 stuff...

That's splendid (and great to know), but do cards from later decks already drop? I'm planning on dropping ~20-25k gold on chests when AD4 comes to us unwashed masses. Are you people telling me I didn't have to wait?!? No matter. All good. Looking forward to AD4 either way.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

That's splendid (and great to know), but do cards from later decks already drop? I'm planning on dropping ~20-25k gold on chests when AD4 comes to us unwashed masses. Are you people telling me I didn't have to wait?!? No matter. All good. Looking forward to AD4 either way.

Yes, cards from all decks drop from Treasure chest so no, you didn't have to wait.

• Like 1

Yes, cards from all decks drop from Treasure chest so no, you didn't have to wait.

I'd say it's highly probable that there are new treasure cards in the works.  If you have the patience for it, buy chests now at the 50/20k rate and wait for the patch to drop.  You know, AD4 is just right around the corner...

But yeah, Ripe is right.  If you find yourself getting an AD6 Orb of Infinite Smiting, it might be a while before you do anything with it.

Yeah, I'm going to save ~10k gold for the AD5. I'll drop for the 50 chests when AD4 hits. Seems like it can't be too much longer. Still good to know what's up.

Ah, here's the tricky thing though, changes to the chest economy are coming.  I'd expect to see the change coincide with a patch (even if it could technically be pushed live at any moment).

Eventually, the "bonus chests" will be a cash-only perk.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm going to save ~10k gold for the AD5. I'll drop for the 50 chests when AD4 hits. Seems like it can't be too much longer. Still good to know what's up.

Ah, here's the tricky thing though, changes to the chest economy are coming.  I'd expect to see the change coincide with a patch (even if it could technically be pushed live at any moment).

I appreciate the heads up tremendously! With that new bit of crafty intel in hand, I went ahead and purchased the chests. Don't know what I'll get, but it's all brilliant. I bought the full game on the first day and haven't used any gold so I still have a bit of it left, between 11-12k. So will there be no use for gold at all after that?

See here, I don't really care so much about eeking out every cent worth of value from the free to play stuff, tho I don't want to let it go to complete waste if there's some good use for the stuff. Just started poking around this board recently to look at when the new deck would come out. Now I'm finding out stuff and any news you lot share with me helps keep me in the know.

• Like 1

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

I appreciate the heads up tremendously! With that new bit of crafty intel in hand, I went ahead and purchased the chests. Don't know what I'll get, but it's all brilliant. I bought the full game on the first day and haven't used any gold so I still have a bit of it left, between 11-12k. So will there be no use for gold at all after that?

See here, I don't really care so much about eeking out every cent worth of value from the free to play stuff, tho I don't want to let it go to complete waste if there's some good use for the stuff. Just started poking around this board recently to look at when the new deck would come out. Now I'm finding out stuff and any news you lot share with me helps keep me in the know.

There will still be the same use for gold ... they are just taking away the "discounts" to chest purchases.