GameSpy preview

Nice find :(

The game begins on Peragus, a down-at-heels mining colony. Where you're character is trying to scrape together the funds to repair the Ebon Hawk, the same transport vessel your alter ego flew in the first game. What your character is doing with the Hawk is one of several mysteries that the developers are currently keeping under wraps. The game will also take the player to six other planets. Most of them will be new, but during our demonstration, we were given a glimpse of two of the ones that are (sort of) making return appearances in the game.

Interesting ;)

The first non amnesia begining I think I've read.

We did, however get him to admit that the storyline of the game will have a twist the equal of and possibly more spectacular than the one that graced the first game.

They shouldn't have let that out. Now everyone will be speculating so much that someone will probably get it right. :(

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

The last area of the game we saw was the character traveling through a Sith Tomb. Apparently a group of Sith are enacting some ritual that will bring them enormous power. In the Star Wars universe this is considered a Bad Thing&153; and it's up to the player to stop it. When we pressed further to get some context for what we were watching, asking why the Sith were doing this and what the significance of the tomb was, our demonstrator again demurred, citing the need to avoid spoilers. We did, however get him to admit that the storyline of the game will have a twist the equal of and possibly more spectacular than the one that graced the first game.

finally, something new

The original game, of course, had a number of special weapons, a space station and a couple of extra missions that were eventually available as Xbox Live downloads. Assuming that they actually do that this time, though, both versions would get some unique content not available in the other. It wouldn't be substantial enough to change the experience, but it might be enough to make a player want to play both versions.

hmmm

Interesting read. With each additional tidbit of info on the game that's released, it makes me more and more anxious to play it. Too bad it's still a good 9 months away :(

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The original game, of course, had a number of special weapons, a space station and a couple of extra missions that were eventually available as Xbox Live downloads. Assuming that they actually do that this time, though, both versions would get some unique content not available in the other. It wouldn't be substantial enough to change the experience, but it might be enough to make a player want to play both versions.

hmmm

ack... I missed that.

That's a horrid idea.

finally, something new

hmmm

Hopefully, thats just tabloid rumour.

If that really came to be, it could only be descibed in one word:

******** !!!

That must be a trolling attempt.

Just to be on the safe side... whats the name of the second state ? :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

ack... I missed that.

That's a horrid idea.

Seconded.

Don't pull a Miramax on us, Obsidian! We are not cattle to be milked! We are MEN (and some women)!

I hate to say it, but something like that might be enough for me to pass on this game. I don't like the idea of exclusive format content.

If I wanted to buy "half a game" I'd buy something published by Atari.

So Peragus is counted as one planet? Bleh, and i thought that it would be a "Endar Spire" like intro to the game.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

finally, something new

hmmm

Hopefully, thats just tabloid rumour.

If that really came to be, it could only be descibed in one word:

******** !!!

That must be a trolling attempt.

Just to be on the safe side... whats the name of the second state ? :(

They succeeded in making me buying it to both platforms, due to the "unique" features that that it had on the PC.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So Peragus is counted as one planet? Bleh, and i thought that it would be a "Endar Spire" like intro to the game.

I think Peragus is more like the "Taris" intro in the first game.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

hmm. actually, the whole "jedi order finished" thing doesn't quite fit into the chronology. granted, they were dispersed but not so much as in the original episodes. i mean, come on, 40 years ago, there has been a convocation of ten thousand Jedi at mount meru. and that was right before the wars. say a half of them died during the war- still leaves you with 5000 jedi to deal with. i know that a couple of hundreds of jedi died during the conflict with exar kun (on yavin) - well, you'd still have more than a thousand jedi left.

that's less than in the beginning but still quite a lot of jedi, no?

for a nice overview of events, take a look at

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/tt1-5/sect1-5.shtml

i'm guessing that kotor2 might feature the krath as a society of darksiders (remember the krath blades in kotor?)

maybe the jedi we start out with has done something during the revan-thing that forced the council to take his powers away.

anyway- i like the beginning that is described in the article.

as both versions are being released simultaneously.

yaaaaayyy!!!

Edited by sniggy

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

From Gamespy preview:

Things haven't gone well for the Jedi since the end of the first game. In fact, the Sith, angered over the destruction of Darth Revan and Darth Malak, have gone on a bit of a tear through the universe.

Defeat of Darth Revan? Does this mean they are going with the Darkside ending? I mean why would the Sith be mad at the betrayal of Darth Revan by Darth Malak? That was the only other defeat of Darth Revan's I can think of.

From Gamespy preview:

Things haven't gone well for the Jedi since the end of the first game. In fact, the Sith, angered over the destruction of Darth Revan and Darth Malak, have gone on a bit of a tear through the universe.

Defeat of Darth Revan? Does this mean they are going with the Darkside ending? I mean why would the Sith be mad at the betrayal of Darth Revan by Darth Malak? That was the only other defeat of Darth Revan's I can think of.

I think that they don't have much of a clue on what they're talking about :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I think they do....they're just trying not to give the 'twist' of KOTOR away. :)

I think they do....they're just trying not to give the 'twist' of KOTOR away. :)

Then they just write in very clumsy way :D

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Interesting read. With each additional tidbit of info on the game that's released, it makes me more and more anxious to play it. Too bad it's still a good 9 months away :)

9 months? lol I wish...they say Feb 2005...but anyone who has ever waited for a game knows that release dates are pushed back. Im pretty sure the game will be pushed back once...twice or even three times before a solid release date is announced. For the first KOTOR the origional release was pushed forward by a YEAR. The game was set to release on May 2002...then it was pushed back until september 2002...then...feb 2003...then may 2003...then june 2003...then finally a solid release date was announced as July 23 2003. So...don't put a lot of stock into the Feb 2005 date...it really means nothing. A more accurate date would be ...November 2005, maybe Feb 2006.