Right, I've been wondering which classes are the least and the most popular. Few explanations are in order I think:

I didn't put Cipher in the least popular because let's face it, that's like putting Eder in the least popular comp poll. All it will achieve is gather sub 2,5% votes which could be interesting if they are put elsewhere.

I didn't have enough space in the favourite class poll, so I comboed Ranger and Rogue. Please specify which you've chosen and why. I'll cast my vote at a later date so I don't muddle the sample(I most certainly won't talk about it for at least a fortnight).

Thank you for your cooperation.

Edited by hrwd

My favorite class in the game is still the first I picked for my MC on day one: Chanter!

I adore the innovative - if a bit flawed - system of the class. The phrases and the invocations are FULL of flavor and they have some of the best skills in the game. Also, it's fantastic that the game lets me change the .ogg audio files freely, so I can make my characters sing whatever I want them to!

That's an awesome feature that I never had the chance to experience before and for sure made Chanters special in my heart.

Some of the names+artworks of their skills are among my favorite in the whole game, especially At the Sound of His Voice, the Killers Froze Still, The Lover Cried Out To The Beloved: "I am Yours!". You should hear them cast with my custom sounds! :p

I can never play without a Chanter in my team, from the first time up to my POTD run. I'll soon be doing Triple Crown, with a Chanter of course!

Ah, I could talk about them for hours, sorry if I'm being verbose!

My least favorite class is Rogue, sadly. I like the concept of the class, so it's probably my fault, because I'm a total inept at playing Rogue, and I've always felt that the melee assassin was somewhat lacking, especially in higher difficulties. It probably depends on the fact that I like to play them as glass cannons... frustrating experience! I read that the class got a recent buff, I might give them another try.

• Like 1

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

Put the cipher in the least favorite pool. Taking it out because you assume they are everyone's favorite is disrespectful of people who would rather not have their choices made for them.

edit: due to unforeseen technicalities, I will allow for everyone to vote for Cipher via posts. Thank you for support.

Edited by hrwd

Haha, Cipher was an extremely popular class at release and everyone complained about how OP it was. If I want to be 2serious about it, a poll's validity plummets as soon as the pollster starts making assumptions that aren't backed up by quantitative evidence. 

I can't really vote if I can only choose one. Several classes are interesting in different ways, and I wouldn't, for example, rank Wizard or Monk 'above' the other. 

• Like 4

I don't really like fighters. Never really use them after I get Caed Nua and can dump Eder. But favorites is harder. I kind of approach every game as deciding who to take to best complement my barbarian, monk or chanter so I guess those would be my favorites.

My favorite class is probably the Fighter. Not the strongest, not the most flexible and surely not the flashiest, but still a class I can rarely part with. Never my main, as I prefer more exotic flavours for my avatar, but a solid and reliable presence that come Hel or Ondra's waters, will always be there holding the line and scavenging victory from defeat.

My last favorite is - steel yourselves - the chanter.

It was a hard choice, and I am still unsure about it, but there is something about the class that feels lacking. Maybe it is because, despite having the most interesting lore, for most of the midgame they are in a limbo while fighters shine, and the midgame is the part of the game that affects my opinions on a class the most.

Yes, the two most "boring" classes are the ones I like and dislike the most.But tgen, I like all classes, so it is no big deal.

Haha, Cipher was an extremely popular class at release and everyone complained about how OP it was. If I want to be 2serious about it, a poll's validity plummets as soon as the pollster starts making assumptions that aren't backed up by quantitative evidence.

I can't really vote if I can only choose one. Several classes are interesting in different ways, and I wouldn't, for example, rank Wizard or Monk 'above' the other.

True, true. But! It's not my fault it only allows 10 and the trick is in forced choices. Those are interesting. If you can vote for 3 or 4, that only makes things difficult to understand. And I fully understand how hard it is to pick. I'm currently having trouble picking my 2nd playthrough character, but I think I'll revert to my "See all ends" 20 Per Glamfallen Wizard.

I had to sac one and I made a calculated guess to sac the (prolly) one of top 3 popular. Or top 5, but certainly not in bot half.

Edit: You have your equality. Fair is fair. Enjoy!

Edited by hrwd

Double English Literature with Sister Jane, long blond tresses, eyes as big and blue as a summer sky, a willowy figure that filled out her floral dresses in a breathtaking fashion, a slight Highland lilt to her pronunciation and the sweetest demeanour i've ever seen a grown woman possess. Every lad in class was a little in love with her.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Double English Literature with Sister Jane, long blond tresses, eyes as big and blue as a summer sky, a willowy figure that filled out her floral dresses in a breathtaking fashion, a slight Highland lilt to her pronunciation and the sweetest demeanour i've ever seen a grown woman possess. Every lad in class was a little in love with her.

That sounds like a class I could get behind!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

The poll options are completely broken. Now you have to pick cipher as least favorite or rogue as favorite.

My taste changes, but the class I like least are fighters. They are a bit boring.

There are a lot of classes I like. The most fun I have with wizards, priests, monks and barbarians atm. I chose barbarian for the poll because they tend to get a lot of hate from beginners and I wanted to put something against that.

Barbs can be difficult, but they are a lot of fun in a party. And not only in a party: you can solo PotD with an offensive barb as well as with a defensive one and do every fight in the game, something you can't do with a rogue or a fighter if you're not a masochist. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The druid is probably my favorite class. I like the shapeshift, nice AoE spells, some healing and debuffs. The druid has it all. That better version of returning storm is just ridiculously good. 

Least favorite is the Chanter. This class always just felt weak to me and more like a liability in my PotD run. 

I don't know. A funny and bumpy nose is enough to cool me off. Then there's the deal breaker that is general behaviour. ...but apart from these tiny details she sounds like a complete...squeeze material. Worthy of poems sure. Now I'm being a pig like Durance...

Also Boer, why is the poll broken all of a sudden? It's not like anyone's forcing anyone to pick those two in extra options. Sure, they are more visible and hence attractive, but attractive is not always good. At least imo. With those two options added, I think that the poll is nigh perfect.

edit: aha I know! I'll edit the EC poll. Feel free to change your vote to that null vote if you don't feel like the other two choices. You were completely right Boer, thanks for mentioning it!

Edited by hrwd

Mmm, should probably not have a simple poll on this but rather ask people to list their top and bottom 5 classes. Or even ask people to rank them top to bottom. The problem with the poll at the moment is that for me and presumably some others there are several options available and it depends on the day.

For the record I voted Druid for favourite but Chanters, barbs and rangers are up there....

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

This poll is broken, so I'm skipping it.

I fixed it. And there is really no other way to be precise and graphical.

Plus, I'll take this opportunity to remind everyone that voted Cipher / Rogue in the last poll(and they didn't really want to) to just change their votes to null option. So the data does not get skewed. Unless you wanted to pick that option, ofc.

Guest Matt Sheets

On a side note, I've increased the number of poll options to 15.

Now we can have polls that include all the classes.

• Like 5

On a side note, I've increased the number of poll options to 15.

Now we can have polls that include all the classes.

And now you do this...after all I went through...

...just ...

thank you I guess ;)

edit: now I should wait a day or so to consolidate the results of the third one with the others. I don't believe 3 / 3 will stay for Cipher / Rogue. If it stays, I'll just add it up the tally.

So, a direct message to people who voted on the third poll:

If you DON'T FEEL like a Cipher is your least fav / Rogue your fav class, you have until the weekend to change it. Otherwise I'll tally it up as it'll stand.

Edited by hrwd

So... Be always loved the offensive, witted DD as a character. Not (or even just a bit) inferior to casters but somewhat cooler. I basically don't wanna be a Jedi, I wanna be Han Solo ;) .

Which is why I chose rouge. Which is why I don't like them. Seemed like a bit of a letdown. I've somewhat learned to appreciate them, but still very let down.

And that's why I love barbarians. They do what I wanted Rouges to be: a different, but cooler melee damage dealer. And because of Carnage, Int is even great! Hooray

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Though I also loved having a Druid with escape-cape, beam him behind the enemies and span AoE cones... So nice to finally use them all. But simple melee DD is somewhat more appealing

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

So... Be always loved the offensive, witted DD as a character. Not (or even just a bit) inferior to casters but somewhat cooler. I basically don't wanna be a Jedi, I wanna be Han Solo ;) .

Which is why I chose rouge. Which is why I don't like them. Seemed like a bit of a letdown. I've somewhat learned to appreciate them, but still very let down.

And that's why I love barbarians. They do what I wanted Rouges to be: a different, but cooler melee damage dealer. And because of Carnage, Int is even great! Hooray

DD? Damage Dealer?