RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

So... Is it just me or do the (obviously massively edited) Wasteland 3 screenshots looks incredibly dull? Like they're graphically impressive, sure, but looking at them, the scenery just looks incredibly busy without actually using a lot of color. It feels duller than Wasteland 2 and Wasteland 2 was darn dull.

• Like 1

Nah, feeling the same. They just don't speak to me. It's like they are just super generic and weird and I am not exactly sure what I am looking at.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Gamespot - Hitman's Story is Just Getting Started

Developer IO Interactive has previously said that it's plan for Hitman on PS4, Xbox One, and PC is to have three seasons. Now, speaking in an interview with GameSpot, lead writer Michael Vogt said that the story is "just getting started" when Season 1 ends.

"We wanted to do a really ambitious story line that would span several seasons and also build this ensemble cast," Vogt explained. "In the old games, the targets were always the most interesting characters, but then you'd just kill them off instantly and move on to the next one. And now we wanted to build a much bigger main cast that will survive for much longer.

"The story's really only beginning [with the first season]," he continued. "Season 1 is the first act in a feature film. You know all the characters, you know the stakes, you know the dilemma, but it's only getting started."

Vogt said the story gets "blown wide open" at the end of Season 1, but noted that players will "get a sense of closure." When asked about why the story has felt like background decoration, as opposed to a proper video game story, Vogt said it's because IO Interactive wanted "at least the first half of Season 1 to feel like business as usual."

"You're supposed to feel what it's like to be Agent 47," Vogt said. "You're the best assassin in the world; you're travelling the globe and killing the elite and all that and kinda feeling what it's like for Agent 47 on a Tuesday.

"The prologue, which takes place in the past, is definitely on the main story, and then the main story fades into the background and just plays out in the cutscenes where we introduce the main characters... and then towards the end [of Season 1] we merge it again. Colorado is this merging point, where from now on and going forward, the missions and the main story are fully integrated."

Hitman's latest episode released a couple weeks ago. Titled "Freedom Fighters" after the beloved IO Interactive game, the episode is set in Colorado and is said to be "the toughest assignment yet," while adding "serious momentum to the story and set[ting] up an intriguing season finale for players." The next episode ends the season and takes place in Japan.

The complete first season of Hitman is getting a physical edition in January. It costs $60 and includes every update and piece of content that's been added to the game in Season 1, in addition to some special bonuses.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Oh yeah, trying to offer the newest pest of the industry (episodic gaming) as a feature... :yucky:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah. It's where they've lost me with this game I think.

Technically, if it was all released in one piece together, you can get away with 5 missions that don't show the storyline, but slowly introduce things. Because you'll swiftly pick up the story that pulls you in.   But after 9 months and no real storyline that's catching you as a character, its very awkward to stir up the enthusiasm to go to the next episode. Sure, the gameplay is technically excellent and a lot of fun, but after 3 or 4 episodes of that its only part of what pulls you with a Hitman game.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

New 4A Game! Yay! But it's exclusive to Oculus Touch! Boooo!

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is it Ok that I want to kill the person who wrote this, after i saw his picture...the article is fine though.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I can't believe people still care about Mafia games. they weren't that good to begin with (well, I guess the first game appealed to people who wanted to play something like GTA but other than GTA)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So... SuperBunnyHop is doing a video series of "reviews" on... Well, Japan. In the first video, he takes a look at Arcades, in the second, he explores Pachinko parlors and in the third Japanese gaming restaurants and ... Karaoke machines? Not news per se for many people I'd imagine, but a lot of interesting info for us untouched by Japanese culture. Or by socks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcgr2ThIWnk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2iJLy-1IGg

Oh right, I can't insert more than two videos. Well, this'll become a link then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3QhamG6PY

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

yeah, apparently Fig throws in a substantial amount of money (in case of Wasteland 3 it's 40% of the goal I think?)

Technically Fig doesn't throw anything at the project. It's the investors that invest through Fig that contribute the 40% of the goal.

• Like 1

Well,  as a series that started on the PC this is a bit of a slap in face. I mean, how hard is it to unlock framerates? The guy who fixed Dark Souls PC release did it in one night.

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well,  as a series that started on the PC this is a bit of a slap in face. I mean, how hard is it to unlock framerates? The guy who fixed Dark Souls PC release did it in one night.

That 'fix' broke quite a few other things.

Maximum jump distance being by far the worse.

And I really don't get the 60fps obsession while vomit inducing field of view goes unnoticed.

• Like 1

Attaching game logic to framerate is some retarded game design. I thought we left that crap behind in the 90s, the early 90s? At least Souls had the excuse of being a console series previously, and you can get away with locking game logic to framerate on console, still really bad practice, though.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

According to user reviews, pc Mafia 3 is locked at 30 fps and 720p

Well that's whooping 921600 pixels, each and every one of them refreshing 30 times per second. Why do you need more?

Because they can get more, not a developer's place to limit people that way.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra