RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

That's exactly what needed to happen. Well, half of it anyway - Hello Games has yet to be punished. Sean Murray flat out lied at least a dozen times on camera, for that **** in other industries people end up in jail.

Watch for good lulz

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Wasteland 3? A crowdfunding campaign with 1 game(previously crowdfunded) in the oven is one thing, but with two? Couldn't they have waited until Torment was out? If anything will cause "Crowdfunding fatigue" it is doing it this frequently.

HBS gave us a product and then started the next campaign, and they have 3 games and another in the works.

Obsidian did a single campaign, released the game and an Xpac (in two parts), and may crowdfund something after Tyranny releases.

InXile has done 3 campaigns (now on their 4th), and only released a single product. I'm getting a bit dubious. I hate siding with the Codex, but it's becoming easy.

• Like 4

I see Fargo has been taking lessons from Murray

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Wasteland 3? A crowdfunding campaign with 1 game(previously crowdfunded) in the oven is one thing, but with two? Couldn't they have waited until Torment was out? If anything will cause "Crowdfunding fatigue" it is doing it this frequently.

HBS gave us a product and then started the next campaign, and they have 3 games and another in the works.

Obsidian did a single campaign, released the game and an Xpac (in two parts), and may crowdfund something after Tyranny releases.

InXile has done 3 campaigns (now on their 4th), and only released a single product. I'm getting a bit dubious. I hate siding with the Codex, but it's becoming easy.

What was the 3rd?  I was perturbed when they put out the Torment kickstarter before W2 was released, but then W2 came out, was good, and they even supported it with a very nice DC.  That makes me more forgiving.  Plus Torment seems to be very far along, meaning they probably have finished all the content creation and are just polishing, which likely doesn't need the same size team.

So it doesn't bother me that they are launching the next one, as Torment is close enough to finish and they successfully pulled off Wasteland 2.

@Hurlshot - Yeah, Bards Tale is the 3rd.

Bard's Tale is the 3rd. W2 -> Torment -> Bards Tale. Each with diminishing return though.

Yeah, to be fair Torment is in Early Access so it isn't like it's vapourware.

That's about the only silver lining. Torment isn't Vaporware. However, it's early access incarnation isn't exactly a full game. I just think releasing it prior to this would build up some good faith. Particularly after the console announcement that gave a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I didn't fund TTON for a consolized PST spiritual successor. I may have still backed it, regardless. However, be up front about it, and don't tack it on 80% of the way through development. At least wait for the game to ship first, and then port it. Edited by Ganrich

InXile felt a disturbance in the forums, promptly releasing TBTIV trailer 
[media][/media]

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's how WL2 should have looked like...

well you need to take into consideration that it was the first large KS project on a new engine etc. and it seems guys have learnt a lot from W2, PoE and Torment. so there is an obvious upgrade in the tech skills for the game.

I might give it a drop inot the bucket, but i'd rather support it via EA, once it's already in playable testing area.

• Like 1

yeah, I'll see what people say after it hits Early Access and then, maybe, I'll grab it. InXile make mediocre games IMO

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I quite liked Wasteland 2. Not the best RPG ever, sure, but it was a lot of fun regardless. I also liked XCOM. I am not hardcore enough again or something?

Nope, sry

Xcom is the gold standard, are we holding up Wasteland 1 over Xcom. 

About 25% of kickstarter games actually release as full titles. So yes I'm with the one at a time sentiment.

Other than that, looks interesting.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I hope its eventually released. Although I'll never understand why Beyond Good and Evil is a cult hit - I always found the game to be merely good, but not outstanding in any way. Typical action adventure game of the time.

HERESY!!!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Wasteland 2 was excellent.  The complaints seem to be more about how InXile handles their PR then the actual game.

What is this now, the tenth Fallout game when you include tactics and that old console action trash

What other games are you talking about?

Wasteland

Fallout

Fallout 2

Fallout Tactics

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel

Fallout 3

Wasteland 2

Fallout New Vegas

Fallout 4

the end of the world never ends

Its worked of the moves for at least 50 years.  Titles off the top of my head in the "Post-Apocalyptic" genre include -

Mad Max, Mad Max 2, Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, Mad Max: Fury Road, Cherry 2000, 1990: The Bronx Warriors, Escape from The Bronx, The New Barbarians, Exterminators of the Year 3000, Warlords of the 21st Century, 2019 - After the Fall of New York, Warriors of the Apocalypse, A Man Called Rage, Equalizer 2000, Wheels of Fire, Hell Comes to Frogtown, Steel Frontier, Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn, Gas-s-s-s, The Ultimate Warrior, Steel Dawn, Waterworld, Stryker, World Gone Wild, Cyborg, Doomsday

Tank Girl, New Gladiators, The Sisterhood, America 3000, She-Wolves of the Wasteland, Warrior of the Wasteland, Zardoz, Quintet, Night of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead

Dawn of the Dead, Panic in Year Zero!, Last Man on Earth, The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Bellflower, Waterworld, Salute of the Juggler, The Postman, Book of Eli, Enemy Empire, The Road, Land of the Dead, Night of the Comet, The Prophecy, The Prophecy 2, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Day of the Triffids, Resident Evil, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Resident Evil: Extinction, Resident Evil: Retribution, Resident Evil: Afterlife, The Time Machine, the other version of The Time Machine, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead, After Earth, Wall-E, Planet of the Apes, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Escape from the Planet of the Apes, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, the other Planet of the Apes, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Wizards, Silent Running, Logan's Run, The Bed-Sitting Room and, arguably, The Terminator franchise.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

In my eyes, this is all more or less the same game. The tone between Wasteland and Fallout differs but the differences aren't all that great. Fallout was made because they couldn't secure the rights to the Wasteland name at the time.

In a reverse twist Wasteland 2 and 3l are piggybacking on the Fallout legacy and fandom rather than on Wasteland 1 which came out in 1988 and barely anyone who plays games today knows about it or has played it.

I'm about 99% certain that Fargo would have tried to sell W2 or 3 as "Fallout: something" instead of continuing under the Wasteland name if he only had the opportunity.

As for movies. Well, the movies you list are mostly very diverse. Its rarely a case of almost the exact same thing for the tenth time in a row.  And, well, at least 80% are terrible.

You can argue that repeating the same thing ad nauseam works in terms of making money, but its still creatively bankrupt.

What I'm interested in is where are the new IP's made with the same stroke of genius or inspiration that Fallout was made from? Something good that we haven't seen before.

I don't care about Fallout or Wasteland. Its turned into a parody of itself. Which is funny because it was a satire to begin with.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

What I'm interested in is where are the new IP's made with the same stroke of genius or inspiration that Fallout was made from? Something good that we haven't seen before.

I did point you to Sunless Sea in the other thread :-P And there's plenty where that came from, Indie scene can be incredibly imaginative - so I assume you're mainly speaking of AAA titles? Because if yes, you'd be right, those are playing it safe. Edited by Fenixp

Even in the context of other party-based RPGs, Wasteland is a bit of a reach for me because it has no real concept of a player character: you are the whole party. I just couldn't get into that mindset, and it's the difference between Fallout and Wasteland. It's for the same reason that I couldn't get into most of the RPGs of the past - series like the Gold Box games, Might and Magic, Wizardry, etc, I just can't get into.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G