RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

I'd have more trouble with character movement than graphics. And going to cover and all that. That's why i won't play it again and hope for a sequel instead. All these rumors about it floating around can't all be just made up, can they ? :ninja:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I am mixed about it. On the one hand I love wild west games and there aren't that many around. Also I think it's way better than any GTA game they've done.

On the other hand... Yeah, I am just not too much into Rockstar games. Something about their way of doing open world, the way you go from mission to mission, etc. just feels "meh" to me. Or maybe it's just because I hate how 9 of 10 "open world" games are done, with a truckton of fetch quests and hidden objects to find and mountains to climb and whatever. It's like you got a shopping list and you tick off stuff from it as you go.

Eh.. still. Would most likely buy a new Red Dead game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, as far as most other settings are concerned i wouldn't go for " standard" open world games. But RDR was special with it's wild west setting and amazing world they put together. I spent  hours just wandering around New Austin , enjoying the beautiful scenery, just killing those random bandits, hunting, catching new horses, replaying the same events over and over. Also blackjack and poker all over the map.  Then i repeated that on a lesser scale in Nuevo paraiso. Only New Elisabeth didn't quite capture my imagination. The forested areas were great ,but plains, the farm and blackwater were more meh than anything else.

I had plenty of fun online as well, mostly doing coop stuff.

I'll always remember the fun we had with a group of friends when we found a stagecoach and 6 of us took it for a ride around New Austin. We ran into a group of wanted  players and we chased them around the map until they ended up in the fort in Nuevo Paraiso, where they started shooting at us with the cannons and all that. We prevailed in the end of course. :D The free coop missions were another great experience.

Oh right, the mexican standoff to start a PVP match is the greatest thing ever, even when the actual matches were crazily unbalanced.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I am mixed about it. On the one hand I love wild west games and there aren't that many around. Also I think it's way better than any GTA game they've done.

On the other hand... Yeah, I am just not too much into Rockstar games. Something about their way of doing open world, the way you go from mission to mission, etc. just feels "meh" to me. Or maybe it's just because I hate how 9 of 10 "open world" games are done, with a truckton of fetch quests and hidden objects to find and mountains to climb and whatever. It's like you got a shopping list and you tick off stuff from it as you go.

Eh.. still. Would most likely buy a new Red Dead game.

These days open world usually means pointless world. GTA used to be fun because of the arcade driving, the shooting and the music - the world was actually fairly empty and "boring". Now its become The Sims for delinquents, where you play golf, scuba dive, yoga, dating minigames while leading a secret life where you shoot and run down people some of the time as if Rockstar is embarrassed that a crime simulator has actual crime in it.

Even worse, other open world games are open world for the sake of being  an easy to make sandbox with no care whatsoever for level design. Why bother giving the player context and goals then crafting a world around it, when you can just throw some random stuff together and tell them to find their own fun.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Old video, but the game should be coming out quite soon and I don't remember it being talked about on here.

It looks like the Commandos/Desperados game set in Edo Period Japan I never knew I wanted.  :dancing:

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks fun enough. Hopefully as fun as Commandos : BEL /BTCOD ,Desperados :WDOA ,Robin Hood: TLOS. Commandos 2 was fun but when i tried it again a few years ago i just couldn't get into it again.  Other sequels don't exist as far as i'm concerned. :biggrin:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

when Behind Enemy Lines came out it quickly became my favorite game. really hoping this new one will manage to capture that magic

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

someone leaked Warcraft adventure 

carefull I dont know if rar doesnt contain viruses - on your own risk, so far some people noted that game works on Win 10 - not sure if its complete

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gfdan9gqz5xfyg8/Warcraft+Adventures+-+Lord+of+the+CLans.rar

Cheers

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Old video, but the game should be coming out quite soon and I don't remember it being talked about on here.

It looks like the Commandos/Desperados game set in Edo Period Japan I never knew I wanted. :dancing:

That's a good moment for me to advertise my commandos mod again. Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Probably for the best. I started playing Legion a few days ago and the writing is definitely feeling pretty stale. It's a team in need of new ideas instead of clinging to the same old plot points like a security blanket.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I've enjoyed most of the zones. Though being a fantasy crack supplier in Suramar is kind of funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm just sick of corruption-this, corruption-that storylines that have been the stock and trade of the series since day one. There's enough corruption in the history of WoW to make any third-world dictator blush. It's not interesting, it's not compelling, it's just lazy.

I do admit that the basis of the entire expansion has put me off since the outset though, when the driver behind the whole thing is resurrecting your most recognisable dead villains yet again, you can't help but feel it both cynical and desperate at the same time.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yep but I guess they had to get back to the Legion after TBC. Some of the new fluff is boring power creep type stuff with Void Lords (not quite Chaos Gods) being the real baddies off stage.

Some of the fun writing in WoW has been the quests rather than the overall plot, at least for what one expects with a MMORPGs platform

Probably for the best. I started playing Legion a few days ago and the writing is definitely feeling pretty stale. It's a team in need of new ideas instead of clinging to the same old plot points like a security blanket.

Metzen didn't work on Legion though, or at least he's not credited. He worked on Overwatch during this period.

Anyway, sad to see him go. Terrible storyteller, but an amazing (if derivative) world builder.

I don't really know his specific role, no, but I'd imagine he'd still have high level creative control over all of their products. Something akin to what Sid Meier does, or what MCA used to do, perhaps. That said, I've never really played any Blizzard games other than WoW so I'm not the best placed to try and identify similarities between their various franchises creatively.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

You mean like in Starcraft 2?

Didn't see it posted, but Bioware is having a voice actor contest for Andromeda:

Full info: http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I did a recording for fun and just found out how much I suck at voice acting

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.