RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

What I find distracting is her medusa hair. I see what they were going for but they should have toned it down.

Also I feel that exertion grunts and other sounds of that sort should be rare in games as they're rather annoying when you keep on hearing them. 

• Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

There has been an awful lot of that in Mass Effect: Andromeda too.

MxblL5CL.jpg

The new design makes the Asari look uglier than most male humans I have seen in recent memory.

Bonus:

uYXdFfW.jpg

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

We'll see what they manage to do this time. The previous games had a ton of smoke and mirrors to disguise engine and production limitations (one gender alien models, elevator loading screens, pointless padding minigames). We "bought" it at the time, but I recently tried to play them again and I quit near instantly only to end up playing 3DS games.

You could say that my excitement level for Andromeda or for anything Bioware is really low. CD Projekt is where the RPG game is at now (for what that's worth).

The planetary exploration spin could be quite neat - Dragon Age: Inquisition has already presented us some very pretty-looking environments with decent enough exploration. It's just a shame that the whole experience was ruined for me by it basically being Checklist Ticking Simulator 2014, so I'm hoping for some better quest design.

Not gonna happen, it would be to much risk, and it would make the game little bit less shallow. And that's not desired for streamlined AAA experience.

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I don't see that happening these days.

MGS5 is for PC as well. Anyway, I'm so glad that vast majority of AAA titles see multiplatform releases - my computer supports a wide array of control methods, can be connected to TV and (at least until the release of the new versions of newest console generation anyway) massively outpowers all of them. I'm very glad I no longer need to have 3 computers with slightly different architecture and arbitrary limitations so that I can play everything I'm interested in.

The way I see it, consoles should be sold on advantages they can offer over computers - they can easily offer the whole "Living room entertainment system" experience, add smart TV functionality, more convenience to gaming etc., etc. - the sooner platform exclusivity gets obliterated the better.

Now that most PC games support controllers, and even the older ones can be played with the Steam controller, there's very little reason to have a console unless you're PC phobic.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

dat fps...eeeww!  :x

Also, why does the gal in Horizon: Zero Dawn talk to herself so much?!

Is that fps stuttering only in the video or ... is that how the games look?

Also, this whole dinosaur robot tribal stuff fro zero Dawn looks like complete garbage to me.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The planetary exploration spin could be quite neat - Dragon Age: Inquisition has already presented us some very pretty-looking environments with decent enough exploration. It's just a shame that the whole experience was ruined for me by it basically being Checklist Ticking Simulator 2014, so I'm hoping for some better quest design.

After the original owners retired EA brought in some online gaming/MMO guys as regional and primary general managers. They don't know how to make a game that isn't an MMO.

MxblL5CL.jpg

The new design makes the Asari look uglier than most male humans I have seen in recent memory.

Bonus:

uYXdFfW.jpg

Isn't the entire point of the Asari that they are a single sex race that telepathically appears as attractive to males of other species as a mating function, like the reason we see them as tentacle headed blue humans is because we are human, to Turians and Salarians they appear as attractive tentacle headed blue Turians and Salarians?

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

MxblL5CL.jpg

Bonus:

uYXdFfW.jpg

Isn't the entire point of the Asari that they are a single sex race that telepathically appears as attractive to males of other species as a mating function, like the reason we see them as tentacle headed blue humans is because we are human, to Turians and Salarians they appear as attractive tentacle headed blue Turians and Salarians?

Its tentacle sex, who's looking at their face?

• Like 1

In hindsight, the Asari viewing mating with alien species as superior and looking down on Asari-Asari unions aka "purebloods", is pretty hilarious in current times. BioWare truly are visionaries.

Ha

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is that fps stuttering only in the video or ... is that how the games look?

It's the game not the video.

Also, this whole dinosaur robot tribal stuff fro zero Dawn looks like complete garbage to me.

QFT.

I always thought Liara looked cute but the "male" Asari in that pic looks scary. Wonder what would happen if a female human hooked up with it...the female Human gets pregnant?!

Doctor: Congrats, your baby is a squid.

Edited by Katphood

The sad thing is that it doesn't matter much how much horsepower the new PS4 and XBONE have, they will still run at a crappy 30 FPS (for a more cinematic experience) because publishers and hardware manufacturers will always choose shinier over smooth gameplay because shiny sells.  When the PS5 and XBOX ZERO come out those will also predominantly run games at 30 FPS just with a brighter coat of paint.  Basically, if you want 60 FPS you have 2 choices for hardware: PC or Nintendo.  Big N seems to be the only console manufacturer that's sane enough to realize that silky smooth gameplay should be a priority and that they can make up for the lack of shiny via great aesthetic.  Of course, Nintendo is completely ****ed in the head in a multitude of other different ways which at the same time makes them sort of endearing and extremely infuriating.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Q: Are Sony’s new 4K TVs a good fit for PS4 Pro?
While we won’t provide a specific recommendation for PS4 Pro at this time, Sony has a long history of designing TVs with advanced technology, and that reputation has extended to the 4K TV realm.

I loled pretty hard.

More: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-the-ultimate-faq/

I won't. Still running a ps3 and even that one only rarely. Actually by now it is more my bluray player and nothing else.

I have it connected to PC so I am playing movies from my HD on it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

People are modding the PS1 into a CD player, well it already is, but prettying it up a bit, because they put in a really good DAC by accident. Apropos of nothing. 

https://www.google.dk/search?q=ps1+cd+player+audiophile&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwib_-iV_oHPAhVjDMAKHWkfAsgQ_AUIBigB

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This guy does game critique really well:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Matthewmatosis/videos

• Like 2