RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Probably a decade late to be relevant, but Neverwinter Nights 2 forums reopened on the Obsidian forums (probably as a result of the demise of the Bioware forums where they used to be hosted)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I predicted we'd get NWN2 forums when the Bioforums went kaput. I'm a veritable Nostradamus. To welcome them home I feel mildly compelled to work on a magnum opus about the chemical composition of Neeska's sweat.

In slightly old random news all the Paradox games' sales figures are back on steamspy, including PoE.

• Like 1

So they didn't reach 1 mil for PoE.

I'm pretty sure Obsidian declared the game a success after 500k sales tho (also keep in mind there were some boxed copies for backers, GOG copies and Origin copies)

Origin copies???

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Looking at the price history, Origin have had it for 50% off at most, Steam at 60%, full price is the same. No reason not to try to sell it on Origin given they take the same 30% cut as the other major platforms.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

All these articles Sierra classics on Steam is puzzling in the reaction to them, given how long they've been on GoG :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I look at it as getting the new Kings Quest for 10 bucks off and getting half of Sierra's back catalogue for free.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Theres a new King's Quest? They kept that quiet.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Yup. It's episodic and apparently, individual episodes take ages to release. It also seems to be a bit more of an action adventure game with direct control over your character as opposed to traditional point and click, but given the weird mash of genres that the original was (or was it? Do I remember that right?), I don't think that really matters too much. There's also a complete lack of objective markers which means I never know where to go, especially in linear corridors. It's horrible.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

BT sues Valve over Steam patent infringement allegations !?

The suit alleges that the core Steam platform infringes on its Gittins Patent, which “relates generally to providing users with content that originates from multiple subscriptions services and delivering it through a single portal where a customer may access content for which it has access rights.” Steam infringes upon that patent, the suit says, because it “locally stores third-party content, such as videogames, and, through the Steam platform, makes them accessible to users who have access rights, precisely as claimed [in the patent].”

BT also claims that Steam Chat infringes on the Newton Patent, Steam Messaging infringes on its Beddus Patent, and Steam Broadcasting infringes on its Buckley Patent.

I think I'm going to patent All the Things, and any time anyone does any out of All the Things I'm going to sue them.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 2

Titan Quest receives a 10 year anniversary update:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/08/31/titan-quest-anniversary-edition-free-update/

I just checked Steam and it's there alright, achievements and all! Titan Quest is one of my favourite action RPG's so this is great (and unexpected) news!

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

BT sues Valve over Steam patent infringement allegations !?

The suit alleges that the core Steam platform infringes on its Gittins Patent, which “relates generally to providing users with content that originates from multiple subscriptions services and delivering it through a single portal where a customer may access content for which it has access rights.” Steam infringes upon that patent, the suit says, because it “locally stores third-party content, such as videogames, and, through the Steam platform, makes them accessible to users who have access rights, precisely as claimed [in the patent].”

BT also claims that Steam Chat infringes on the Newton Patent, Steam Messaging infringes on its Beddus Patent, and Steam Broadcasting infringes on its Buckley Patent.

I think I'm going to patent All the Things, and any time anyone does any out of All the Things I'm going to sue them.

Doesn't Steam have all that stuff now since 10 or so years?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Jim Sterling have managed to get in touch with some insider from Eidos Montreal development team, and got pretty interesting information about the development of the game in the final phase + some more other juicy bits. (Like development cost of 70 millions).

This Jimquisition is worthy of watching, even if you do not like the guy.

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours