RIP Gene Wilder

Guard Dog

Dammit man, 2016 has struck again.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/gene-wilder-star-of-blazing-saddles-and-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-dies-at-83-195513023.html

“But Charlie, don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted… He lived happily ever after.”

RIP Gene.

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

****. I'm going to watch Blazing Saddles and make a donation to an Alzheimers disease research fund.

****. Some damn ninjas cutting onions around here.

• Like 5

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well, that sucks for his family. Kind of funny to see people comment stuff like "F**K you, 2016" given the number of people murdered in terrorist attacks or killed in tragedies, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I looked up whether he was still alive like 3 months ago and was surprised to see he was. Looked like a corpse though, so I didn't expect him to last much longer. Still sad though. The man did so much great stuff.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I read an interesting post about how difficult it must be for his wife of 25 years to have him pass away, but then to also have to deal with the Gene and Gilda stuff again.  

Definitely time to watch Willy Wonka, and maybe See No Evil, Hear No Evil.

I figured out what to say...

"So shines a good deed in a weary world..." - Willy Wonka

I feel that every film I've seen him in was him performing a good deed.

Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles are my two favorite Mel Brooks films. Willy Wonka will never be played nearly as well as Gene played him. Stir Crazy and See no Evil, Hear no Evil are wonderful. The Producers... The man was just gold...

"Well Gene, since you're in Heaven now, and you are the angels guest and they your hosts: What's your pleasure? What would you like to do?"

"Oh I don't know. Play chess...screw..."

"Well let's play chess!"

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdIID_TGwhM

Haha. I've watched this movie a gazillion times, and he's just brilliant. And that Frau Blücher... :D

RIP Gene Wilder - you were one funny guy with amazing timing!

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***